Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
1kvoice now getting call backs?

So twice in the last week I emailed 1k voice about some issue or request. First was for a new yellow handle wrap since my old one was falling apart. The second was about a refund for broken wifi. Both times someone at united called me back within an hour of sending the emails. Is this something new? In the past when I emailed 1kvoice I would just get back email responses (although good ones). Is this call back something everyone gets or am I finally spending enough money with them?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
My last interaction was solved within a day, but no callback.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:01 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I have had three calls this year from e-mails to 1K Voice. All of those were IRROPs issues where UA really botched something badly (downgrading me, getting me home 28 hours late due to MX...) The customer service person who called me was from the Chicago center all three times. Also received Customer Care compensation in those instances in a separate e-mail after those calls.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, LH FT, Marriott Plat, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PPlus
I had a call back yesterday about an email to Customer Service about a minor delay.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:55 am

Not really new. I had two callbacks earlier this year.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:24 am

As Gold earlier this year, I got an email follow up and a couple callbacks regarding a 13 hour delayed flight (due to MX) that resulted in having to spend an extra night (in HNL in the winter ). I would have had to overnight in HNL or at my connecting point (LAX), and I picked overnighting in HNL (not to mention getting a better routing due to the MX). Not sure what the criteria were, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Again, no callback this time either, but the issue was resolved ten minutes after I hit "send".
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Honestly, someone calling me on the phone in response to an email sounds like my worst nightmare.
GRB051111 and RockinRon like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
Honestly, someone calling me on the phone in response to an email sounds like my worst nightmare.
Agreed. I've had this happen multiple times over the last two months. I chose to email as it was the most convenient for me and the best use of my time. I had zero desire for a call back. If I wanted to talk on the phone, I would have called. I suspect someone thinks this is a super great personal touch, but I don't care for it at all.
physioprof likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
I've only contacted 1kvoice to make note of excellent service received recently.
A UC employee couldn't make me an old fashioned because he didn't have bitters or oranges and 5 minutes after ordering a beer, he (completely unprompted) brings me his creative take on an old fashioned using what he had available (rye, maraschino cherry, orange juice, and lemon peel).
I get quoted for a "pay the fare difference" upgrade to business based off an un-ticketed multi-city reservation. I get the itinerary ticketed but my corporate travel office tickets it as a weird round trip with a 17 hour layover, messing with the fare rules. I call United again, miraculously get the same agent again (government desk) who re-quotes me a much higher rate due to the fare rules change, but remembers me and allows me to get the upgrade for the price quoted the day before.

Those folks are absolutely worth me taking time to write 1kvoice about my experience. Although I realize that folks will have plenty of troubles in the journey to 100,000 miles, it isn't always always going to be filled complaints.

Either way, these were both within the past week, no callbacks.
Xyzzy likes this.

Last edited by therossinator; Nov 6, 2018 at 3:08 am
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Multiple calls over 30 min durations

There are many occasions that I have experienced 1K agents to take care of my simple requests very quickly (< 5 min). But, this has not been the case recently. I had multiple calls that lasted for more than 30 min for some simple requests. For instance, I needed to change an award ticket: a different connection airport (from IAD to EWR) for outbound and destination airport on the return (ORF to RIC). The total miles needed for this award ticket did not change. The website did not allow me to do it myself; perhaps, it had something to do with IN space request on outbound (but confirmed IN before I called). So, there were two long music-listening periods during the 37 min call. I do not understand why the agent needed that much time because she did not ask for help from the help desk or something similar. I guess that any agent should be able to do this task without any help, but I was hold twice for such a long call.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by fumje
Seems like I've been getting this since August. Yes, it appears to be a renewed push.
+1

I thought it was because I was getting less experienced agents when calling in, but perhaps it is a push which is really silly as I obviously fly regularly (as I am 1K) and know how to book a car or hotel. These days with the internet I find much better deals than using United. :-D

I feel sorry for the phone agents as many times I need to call in as the website errors out, for example, schedule changes that will not allow me to accept the changes. If United fixed the IT issues most of the time I would not need to call in and end up with agents who have no idea what to do - not enough experienced agents to deal with 1K customers as too many (unnecessary) calls with increased call volumes.

Others on FT have advised me to email on various issues and the emails generally get a quick response and resolution.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I find I get the car/hotel script whenever both of the following are true: (i) I still have an active itinerary at the end of the call - i.e. I wasn't canceling, and (ii) the itinerary is reasonably far in the future (not calling for day-of IRROPS help). But I might be projecting confirmation bias here.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kmxu
There are many occasions that I have experienced 1K agents to take care of my simple requests very quickly (< 5 min). But, this has not been the case recently. I had multiple calls that lasted for more than 30 min for some simple requests. For instance, I needed to change an award ticket: a different connection airport (from IAD to EWR) for outbound and destination airport on the return (ORF to RIC). The total miles needed for this award ticket did not change. The website did not allow me to do it myself; perhaps, it had something to do with IN space request on outbound (but confirmed IN before I called). So, there were two long music-listening periods during the 37 min call. I do not understand why the agent needed that much time because she did not ask for help from the help desk or something similar. I guess that any agent should be able to do this task without any help, but I was hold twice for such a long call.
Agreed. I had similar issues this summer and ultimately resorted to a BBB complaint; agents were making up stuff like (you can't change an award ticket after the outbound is flown, you can't transit through ZRH etc. etc.) and they had annotated the record. Once I had the BBB complaint submitted it was taken care of very quickly and the agent who called me apologized for the poor service I received. Definitely not as easy as it used to be.
That being said I still mostly get great agents who know exactly what I want and get it done quickly.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Is 1Kvoice alive?

I do not send e-mail to 1Kvoice often. In the past, after sending a message I would get a reply in a few days (sometimes there also was immediate auto-response), Couple weeks ago I send a message, got no response, resend a week ago, and got no response again.
What is a reliable way to reach 1Kvoice nowadays? I need to send docs to support my request, so e-mail looked like a good option, but it does not seem to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.