Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KDS777
I had to go back and recheck the thread title to make sure it wasn't the 1K/Premier "Email" response thread that I was reading.....heh. Can't believe how many here just don't call anymore. Call me old school
If it's "urgent" (and I'm not at the airport or the airport agents are being stupid) or requires back and forth [like a schedule change that's not acceptable] I'll call -- otherwise, for me, email is so much more convenient because it's asynchronous. And I don't get offered a rental car/hotel room/credit card as part of the call close.

Need a RPU/GPU redeposit? Have things that didn't post? Want to compliment a crew/agent? I can put those details (with supporting documentation) in an email while I'm in the air, on a useless conference call, trying to fall asleep in an awful hotel room at 1:10 am where I don't *need* that agent to deal with it right away.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lt Plt
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Over the past year I'm about 33% for receiving the automatic response with case number, etc. (and that includes checking our Barracuda spam/email security appliance's logs just to see if it was gobbling them by mistake) but I've always received a "real" response. Past month average response time has been about 3 business days but all of those were "routine" -- complimenting crews, requesting a GPU redeposit for an upgrade that never cleared and didn't automatically come back after a couple weeks, etc. -- if you have something that requires investigation/escalation that does tend to slow things down IME.
I can see this happening. I usually write for simple things and get a response within 1-2 days and most of the time an automatic response. With the current issue that I have, its been going on for weeks and multiple emails, with no response. If it requires further investigation, how long does it take? Seems like a couple of weeks is too long to resolve the issue. It will be nice to at least receive an email, stating that they are looking into the situation.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Recent 1kVoice experiences?

I've always been very impressed with the responsiveness of 1Kvoice (not that I've had to use it much, but the few times that I have I've always had quick responses).

Unfortunately, I wrote in a little over a week ago with different results. The situation is that my inlaws were scheduled to fly to see us on 12 October. However, they were stuck in Napa helping to protect property and prepare for evacuations as a result of the wildfires during that time, and called to reschedule their trip for a week later. In doing so, they were told that there was nothing UA could do, despite there being an active waiver for SFO flights related to the fires. They ended up rescheduling with the agent, and were charged for those changes despite being inside the waiver window. I wrote to 1Kvoice on their behalf, asking to please have the cost of the changed tickets refunded, but have yet to hear back...

Has anyone else seen 1Kvoice delays recently? If so, are there other channels through which to handle something like this?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
My last e-mail took one week for a reply... not an emergent issue, so it wasn't a big deal, but that's as long as it has been since the initial post-merger era.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I emailed them a week ago. I always check for the automated reply saying a ticket was open. Did you get that? Once I get that I typically get a response within a business week.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GBadger
I've always been very impressed with the responsiveness of 1Kvoice (not that I've had to use it much, but the few times that I have I've always had quick responses).

Unfortunately, I wrote in a little over a week ago with different results. The situation is that my inlaws were scheduled to fly to see us on 12 October. However, they were stuck in Napa helping to protect property and prepare for evacuations as a result of the wildfires during that time, and called to reschedule their trip for a week later. In doing so, they were told that there was nothing UA could do, despite there being an active waiver for SFO flights related to the fires. They ended up rescheduling with the agent, and were charged for those changes despite being inside the waiver window. I wrote to 1Kvoice on their behalf, asking to please have the cost of the changed tickets refunded, but have yet to hear back...

Has anyone else seen 1Kvoice delays recently? If so, are there other channels through which to handle something like this?
so your inlaws are 1K or why do you expect 1kvoice to handle this expeditiously?

1Kvoice for me for < 24 hours this past week.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I wrote to 1Kvoice on their behalf, asking to please have the cost of the changed tickets refunded, but have yet to hear back...
IMO it would have been better to simply fill out the webform for a refund. Those are handled quite promptly. I would not email 1kvoice for a non 1K issue.

Has anyone else seen 1Kvoice delays recently?
If you read the last several pages of this thread, you'll see the answer is yes. Though my last e-mail (two weeks ago) was responded to quite promptly.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
so your inlaws are 1K or why do you expect 1kvoice to handle this expeditiously?

1Kvoice for me for < 24 hours this past week.
I never said that I expected them to handle it expeditiously. I simply noted that it seemed to be taking longer than usual and was wondering whether others had similar experiences.

And, to be clear -- no, my inlaws are not 1K. I was trying to help them out since they had already spent multiple phone calls with the off-shore call center and weren't getting anywhere. Fact is, they were forced to pay for extra flights when there was a waiver in place that should have allowed them to make a free change.

Originally Posted by Kacee
IMO it would have been better to simply fill out the webform for a refund. Those are handled quite promptly. I would not email 1kvoice for a non 1K issue.
Didn't even know that there was a webform for issues like this -- In 15 years as a top-level elite at DL or UA, I've never had to request a refund. I'll try to find it and use that channel next time.

Originally Posted by JHake10
I always check for the automated reply saying a ticket was open. Did you get that? Once I get that I typically get a response within a business week.
Yes, I did receive that about 5 minutes after I sent in the original message on 18 October. Since then, I have not heard further but will continue to be patient...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 2MM, LT RCC
Is 1K Voice Working?

I have sent two emails to 1K Voice in the last week, but have not gotten any form of acknowledgement, which is unusual, nor an actual reply. I had been in touch with them within the last month or so. Does anybody know if it is still operating, and if not where to write. I was actually sending an "Orchid Letter".
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:13 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Yes, works fine - emailed on Monday, received a reply on Tuesday, regarding an address change.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mkasperzak
I have sent two emails to 1K Voice in the last week, but have not gotten any form of acknowledgement, which is unusual, nor an actual reply. I had been in touch with them within the last month or so. Does anybody know if it is still operating, and if not where to write. I was actually sending an "Orchid Letter".
Same thing here. I resent a week later, got the confirmation email and then a resolution the next day. I don't think it creates a ticket unless you get a message with a case number.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1k
I've had e-mails that I submitted that didn't create a case number and received resolution the next day nonetheless. On my gmail I tend to get the case number more often than my work email which is exchange based, wonder if my work email server thinks it is spam?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:13 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AugustusM
Same thing here. I resent a week later, got the confirmation email and then a resolution the next day. I don't think it creates a ticket unless you get a message with a case number.
For a data point, I never received an automated reply / case number to the email I sent. In fact, it was 2 emails I sent on Monday, and they replied back to both in one email on the Tuesday.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Just submitted an e-mail (from a yahoo address), received an automated reply with a ticket # within minutes.

UPDATE: Very satisfactory response received within 12 hours.

Last edited by garkster; Dec 22, 2017 at 11:19 am Reason: Updated follow-up
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Bless Tina on the 1K line who saved my boyfriend from having to meet my parents for the first time without me there... I was on EWR-DEN-GEG and he was on SFO-DEN-GEG (same DEN-GEG) and of course EWR-DEN got delayed when they changed it to a plane that was arriving -- wait for it -- an hour and a half AFTER our scheduled departure time. No notification, of course, but when I called she was able to move me to EWR-ORD-GEG and into first on ORD-GEG which will make the FOUR-hour flight on a regional jet more bearable. Of course, none of these flights have actually left the ground yet, so knock on wood, but given that my upgrades weren't going to clear on the original flights it's a sweet deal and a kind act on a stressful day!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.