Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:34 am

Looks more like you've sent an email to "[email protected]" - check the outbox just to be sure.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by br2k
Looks more like you've sent an email to "[email protected]" - check the outbox just to be sure.
Yupp, that was my first thought, but I checked the details from my sent mail on my client, and then checked the logs on the outbound mail server (I run my own infrastructure) and verified that it left my system destined for gwusa.ual.com (The mail exchanger for united.com):

Sep 17 08:34:48 uillean postfix/smtp[18536]: CFA228810A: to=<[email protected]>, relay=gwusa.ual.com[165.212.65.113]:25, delay=0.92, delays=0.01/0/0.49/0.41, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 Mail accepted (065ViqPIW8992Ms9))

So I’m pretty confident the problem isn’t local to me.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador
Never much help anyway...

Seemed to me they had several pre printed emails and just sent them out regardless of your problem
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
kana is an email system that a lot of companies use for CS/Ops
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
One bounced e-mail and we're starting a thread suggesting that UA has shut down 1kvoice?

Any kind of meaningful conclusion requires many more data points.

I have found 1kvoice extremely helpful. I never get canned responses.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I was going to write in to 1K voice about UA's in-flight dog poopin policy, which I raised in another thread. I'd best wait until Monday, since it could be that 1K voice IT has gone to the dogs for the moment.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
One bounced e-mail and we're starting a thread suggesting that UA has shut down 1kvoice?

Any kind of meaningful conclusion requires many more data points.

I have found 1kvoice extremely helpful. I never get canned responses.
As have I. I wasn’t suggesting that my bounce was conclusive. I just wondered if I had hit a bug or if somehow I had missed a shift in service. I’ll give them a few hours and resubmit.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Not specifically 1K, but I used the feedback link last night and it was pretty normal. I sent in a note for me (gold) as well as my 2-yo daughter, and my wife (also gold) sent in a separate one about our experience over the long weekend. I didn't get the somewhat usual auto-response back, but didn't seem that odd since I'd say overall I only get those ~50% of the time, plus I did get to the page that said 'Thank you dot submitting...' Then at about 8am this morning, got the auto-response for all 3.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:45 pm

Just to close the loop on this, a second email to them later in the day went through, and they addressed my issue. Looks like they were just having weekend tech issues...
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:15 pm
PPM

Is 1K Voice still up and running?

I have sent emails on two separate occasions (duplicates) to 1K Voice over the past 3 weeks. In the past, I used to receive an automated response that they had received the email and would respond, and then, I would actually receive a response. These last two emails seem to have landed in a dead letter box--I have received nothing in terms of an automated email about receipt--much less about a response. Has anyone else had this response in the last month or so?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by PPM
I have sent emails on two separate occasions (duplicates) to 1K Voice over the past 3 weeks. In the past, I used to receive an automated response that they had received the email and would respond, and then, I would actually receive a response. These last two emails seem to have landed in a dead letter box--I have received nothing in terms of an automated email about receipt--much less about a response. Has anyone else had this response in the last month or so?
I sent a msg to 1KVoice last week (9/27). I received an automated response with a case # a few minutes later and got a response the next morning that was definitely not canned. The issue was resolved a few hours later.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by wtigerFF
I sent a msg to 1KVoice last week (9/27). I received an automated response with a case # a few minutes later and got a response the next morning that was definitely not canned. The issue was resolved a few hours later.
Similar to you except I had my response and resolution within the hour.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: 1k
Originally Posted by PPM
Same experience - I sent an email to 1k voice two weeks ago with a flight issue and did receive the automated response; I followed up three days ago and still have heard nothing; not even the standard, "we got your email." Sounds like others are getting responses though?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PPM
Over the past year I'm about 33% for receiving the automatic response with case number, etc. (and that includes checking our Barracuda spam/email security appliance's logs just to see if it was gobbling them by mistake) but I've always received a "real" response. Past month average response time has been about 3 business days but all of those were "routine" -- complimenting crews, requesting a GPU redeposit for an upgrade that never cleared and didn't automatically come back after a couple weeks, etc. -- if you have something that requires investigation/escalation that does tend to slow things down IME.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
I had to go back and recheck the thread title to make sure it wasn't the 1K/Premier "Email" response thread that I was reading.....heh. Can't believe how many here just don't call anymore. Call me old school.

I always phone. Don't have much cause to contact them regularily to be honest, but this week I've been trying to buy up my in-laws E+ seats to J, and now at the last minute, change 3 other tickets.

1st agent I got seemed new to the industry or the program, because they were having trouble getting me an answer, and the one that I finally got, I knew was wrong.

HUCA.......got a great agent, and the right answer, but they can't help if there are not enough open seats yet.

Today I called because I had to change 3 different tickets. Got an amazing agent who I swear was reading my mind as we talked. She was razor sharp. Everything I need was sorted quickly and then we had a friendly 5 minute chat about where I currently am, and how it was to visit there.

Best thing is that the phone gets picked in 2-3 rings.

Last edited by KDS777; Oct 5, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.