Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
You mention a "series of errors". Care to elaborate? The nature, sequence, and timing of this series may help explain the delay in getting a reply from 1K Voice.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Houston Chris
.... I sent an email to 1Kvoice and it has been 3 days with no response. ....
Responses can be hours or up to 2 weeks (many such examples in this thread your post has been merged into). I would give it at least a week or two and if still no response, write again.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Responses can be hours or up to 2 weeks (many such examples in this thread your post has been merged into). I would give it at least a week or two and if still no response, write again.
Sometimes they just get lost. That seems to happen to me maybe one time in ten.

I don't believe I've ever been deliberately ignored.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
I used to be able to receive a reply a few days after I email to 1K voice. However, one email I sent in the begining of June 2018 has had no response as of now. Another one I sent 12 days ago is still nothing yet. I don't know if it has been a "trend"...
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by c.l.i.a
I used to be able to receive a reply a few days after I email to 1K voice. However, one email I sent in the begining of June 2018 has had no response as of now. Another one I sent 12 days ago is still nothing yet. I don't know if it has been a "trend"...
Did you get the autoreply that your message was received? I had sent one awhile back and didn't get that or a reply and when I called I was told that they had no record and in the future I should look for the autoreply to ensure that it was received.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Update: I missed a call from UA customer care yesterday. They left me a message and also sent me an email to follow up. That's what I expected.

The June email must be lost. No response at all.

Originally Posted by AugustusM
Did you get the autoreply that your message was received? I had sent one awhile back and didn't get that or a reply and when I called I was told that they had no record and in the future I should look for the autoreply to ensure that it was received.
I don't receive autoreply for any of these 2 emails.

Last edited by c.l.i.a; Sep 12, 2018 at 8:34 am
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
I don't receive autoreply for any of these 2 emails.
That's most likely the issue as the auto-reply has the case number embedded in the message.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:22 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
That's most likely the issue as the auto-reply has the case number embedded in the message.
While I don't e-mail 1K Voice more than a few times a year I would note that I did NOT receive a confirm e-mail on my most recent e-mail which was regarding ORC for an irrops experience two weeks ago. I DID, however, get a response from an agent about 2 days later with the corrected ORC posting the next day. That was the first time I can recall not getting a confirm e-mail.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
I wouldn't be so fast to call that the smoking gun. I'm at about 50% for the auto-reply (with the majority of emails falling under the headings of "ORC" or "Complimenting awesome service") but 100% on replies. I am more likely to get an ack on a MPSC-type request (ORC, GPU redeposit, etc.)

Incidentally, I've noticed that if I get the auto-ack the "real" response is significantly slower (e.g. >72 hours, rarely >1 week) where if I don't get the auto-ack the response is much faster (often under 4 hours, usually no more than 24 hours)

Lastly I am the IT dude so I have 100% visibility into the emails hitting our network edge and can say without a doubt that the aren't getting eaten by our Barracuda email gateway (or anything else in our mail chain). UA either isn't sending them or (much less likely) something between us and UA on the Internet is doing something to drop them before it gets to our network edge.
threeoh likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
Multiple bad experiences with the 1k line today.

Had to call in to buy a ticket due to needing to apply multiple ETCs to it. Took 104 minutes to get that reservation made and they insisted on trying to get me to apply for a United Explorer card as part of the process. Part of the complication was an M fare instant upgrade that I could see online but they were finding very difficult to process on the phone. Could have done it online in well under 10 minutes if they accepted multiple ETC as payment.

Then I called in to apply a GPU to a single flight and it took another 20 minutes, past experience has been about 2-3 minutes.

Based on my perceived competence of the 4 people I ended up having to speak to it sounded very much like an offshore service center and not what I have been used to with 1K in the past. Does 1K rollover to the regular line maybe when they get busy on the weekends? I wasn't greeted as 1K on either of the calls.

I still have some transactions I need to call in but I need a break from the holds for a while.
Kmxu likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
Multiple bad experiences with the 1k line today.

Based on my perceived competence of the 4 people I ended up having to speak to it sounded very much like an offshore service center and not what I have been used to with 1K in the past. Does 1K rollover to the regular line maybe when they get busy on the weekends? I wasn't greeted as 1K on either of the calls.

I still have some transactions I need to call in but I need a break from the holds for a while.
I've learned the hard way never to call the 1K number on weekends or holidays, except for emergencies. Between reduced staffing and the weekend computer and schedule updates, you're just asking for a reduced quality/satisfaction experience.
I find that Tuesday morning is the time to call in on elective matters. By then, the experienced Premier agents are done cleaning up the messes that the offshore agents made with reservations over the weekend.
AirMiles2001 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
Does 1K rollover to the regular line maybe when they get busy on the weekends? I wasn't greeted as 1K on either of the calls.
There is no dedicated 1K desk. Premier calls are ordinarily routed to more experienced agents, but when volume is high, you may get routed to an overseas call center. That is not always a bad thing.

I always try to call late at night.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 3:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Had a good experience yesterday calling in. I have a sjc-fra Y saver award booked on LH in December, and I was already looking at the schedule change rules to see if I could move to Sfo-fra on UA metal. Ultimately I discovered that the schedule change wasn't long enough in duration to qualify. That and I saw that moving to a different origin isn't part of the rules.

Find out yesterday that the SJC flight was cancelled and that I was rebooked on LH out of SFO. Called in to ask if I could be moved to UA metal instead (no saver available.) CSR offered to check with a supervisor and was able to change all 5 pax to UA. Took about 20 mins for the entire thing, mostly on hold as the CSR was working to get approval and to change the record.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Seems like another push to generate referrals to Hertz and Hotels.com

There was a blissful period when they stopped that nonsense, but based on my last couple calls, it is back with a vengeance.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Seems like another push to generate referrals to Hertz and Hotels.com

There was a blissful period when they stopped that nonsense, but based on my last couple calls, it is back with a vengeance.
Seems like I've been getting this since August. Yes, it appears to be a renewed push.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.