Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Recent calls, for the most part, have been with inexperienced CS agents. You can tell an agent who has seen the issues before and those that have not. Hate when at the end the less experienced agents push rental cars, credit cards. Experienced 1K agents know 1K folks do not need that assistance.

However, I certainly understand less staffing in these times and perhaps the experienced agents have retired.
SPN Lifer and jjmoore like this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
United Sending Non-response to Emails (Even 1Ks)

Twice in the past month I received the following canned response from United:

Thank you for reaching out to us!
We want to make sure you get the best service possible, and since your email concerns a current or future flight the best resource for you is going to be united.com.

If for any reason you can't find what you're looking for and you need additional assistance, please reach out to us by giving us a call at 1-800-864-8331 (1-800-UNITED-1), visiting our United Customer Care Contact Center page (that includes international contact options) or reaching out to us via our Twitter or Facebook pages.

Please note, this email box is not monitored. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon!

Sincerely,

United Customer Care
Problem: neither email had to do with future travel and I searched the website before asking the questions. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account and don't have time to spend on the phone.

Anybody else receiving irrelevant canned responses from United?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I've had no email from UA in ages.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Marriott
I had reason to reach out to Customer Care today, but they would not take the call since the flight has not occurred yet. They asked for my email and promised to get back with me. I'm not holding my breath...but hopefully I'll be wrong.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
I thought customer care is usually for during / after trips. Can you address your concern to reservations / MP / 1k voice?
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
I’ve gotten a similar response email. And yes this is after sending an inquiry to 1kvoice and waiting a week. Very disappointing, though maybe not surprising, that they’ve suspended 1kvoice and routed those emails to a contact center that doesn’t actually care to answer any questions other than telling you to visit United.com.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Had a delay due to misplaced crew ORD-AUS which was 4 hours late arriving. Emailed 1k voice adn received the following:

I'm sorry to hear about your flight delay. On-time service is part of being a reliable airline, and although we try to plan for all unforeseen events, sometimes these challenges can affect our operations.

While we no longer have compensation options for delays less than 8 hours, I do sincerely appreciate your feedback, and will pass it on to our Operations team for review. We understand that we have some work to do, and we're determined to regain your trust.

As a valued MileagePlus Premier 1K member, we look forward to winning back your loyalty and business on a future United flight.

Regards,
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Is this true? So we can screw up and get you somewhere 8 hours late and go pound sand otherwise? Not meeting anyone’s expectation with that low bar.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SMF Rider

Problem: neither email had to do with future travel and I searched the website before asking the questions. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account and don't have time to spend on the phone.

No, this has been going for quite some time. Someone didn't read your request properly and hit the canned response button for 'not the right place'. They are usually reasonably good to filter the ones out they need to actually respond to, but some they miss.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 6:20 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

I received the same email when sending a pretty generic question to 1kvoice@ about a month ago. They used to answer any question I would throw at them.
leoo likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
UA customer service reply has been very disappointing. It was pretty clear that the computer algorism are making some automated replies. My husband emailed a complaint about lack of face mask enforcement. He got reply stating that he doesn't qualify for a refund.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Yes, I've received a few this year.
I believe they send this canned response when don't have an answer for the question or simply want to deflect it.

For my specific question, both Twitter and 1K line asked me to contact Customer Care (and I wrote that in my emails) so it was pointless to try these channels again.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:00 am

1kvoice?

Does it usually take multiple days to get a reply or even acknowledgment from 1kvoice when writing in about a recent flight experience? Or do they not usually reply when not asking for anything?

I have written in to customercare usually to compliment an agent or flight crew, and always got replies. But this trip had so many problems (not with people) that I finally took them up on their offer “To provide us feedback after your travels”

I kept the email to the 2 most egregious issues, which could have easily been 4 or 5. Also, provided a short summary before the details.

I would have atleast thought they would send an apology along the lines of “We are very sorry for canceling your onward flight from NRT - while you were in the air to NRT. But, we are happy to hear the ANA agents were able to get you the last seat to your destination and only needed the full 2.5 hour layover to figure out what was going on. Thanks for flying United!” or some such thing. It has been 4 days since I wrote in.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by random.parts
Does it usually take multiple days to get a reply or even acknowledgment from 1kvoice when writing in about a recent flight experience? Or do they not usually reply when not asking for anything?

I have written in to customercare usually to compliment an agent or flight crew, and always got replies. But this trip had so many problems (not with people) that I finally took them up on their offer “To provide us feedback after your travels”

I kept the email to the 2 most egregious issues, which could have easily been 4 or 5. Also, provided a short summary before the details.

I would have atleast thought they would send an apology along the lines of “We are very sorry for canceling your onward flight from NRT - while you were in the air to NRT. But, we are happy to hear the ANA agents were able to get you the last seat to your destination and only needed the full 2.5 hour layover to figure out what was going on. Thanks for flying United!” or some such thing. It has been 4 days since I wrote in.
For some time now it seems like, same as the phone lines, all emails just get routed into a general customercare pool with some sort of status priority. The autoreply says they'll do something within 1 business day, but in my recent experience it's rare that there's any response in that time frame.

Structuring your emails for clarity and concision does help with making sure you get what you want, but I don't think it affects the overall response time much — it seems like most of that is taken up by just waiting for someone to take a look at all.
random.parts likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
For some time now it seems like, same as the phone lines, all emails just get routed into a general customercare pool with some sort of status priority. The autoreply says they'll do something within 1 business day, but in my recent experience it's rare that there's any response in that time frame.
I was wondering if it went into the same pool but I did not even get an autoreply, so thought maybe it was different. Checked and double checked that I sent to the correct email spelling etc, and used the mailto link from the app so it auto populated.

Not sure if I should send again - one of the issues involved them having the wrong information about entry documents (needing to be printed-they did not) that almost got me denied boarding - the posted government requirements only required a QR code confirmation and neither the connecting station or final needed printed documents (I used the digital)

Anyway, dont know how much it would change things to let them know that their document check paper is wrong. I think most others would have taken a seat as the gate agent asked and missed the flight instead of running back through the terminal to beg a Centurion lounge agent to print the document as they started the boarding process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.