FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "1K/Premier Call Line/eMail Experiences" Thread
Old Oct 26, 2022, 11:25 pm
luv2fly1st

Programs: 100000 mile flyer
Kudos to United Agent @ 1K desk

I wanted to express my appreciation to Joyce L. at the 1K desk today for going above the call of duty for fixing my reservation.
Original booking was LAX-TPE-BKK-MAA in J on BR/BR/TG ticketed in I/I/I March 2022.
Last week BR cancels BR211 and does not re-book or protect me, stranding me in TPE.
Earlier today the UA agent was able to FORCE book a TG flight TPE - BKK in I, and honor the other 2 segments. BUT my 12 hr BKK layover now became 8 hr layover in TPE.
He suggested I call back later when BR offices opened and made a note to file requesting the morning TPE-BKK flight.
So, I call this evening and Joyce L. picks up the phone, and immediately understands what I am trying to do.
Standby, she says, I'll get the supervisor to call BR and puts me on hold.
20 minutes later, she informs me that she has BAD NEWS. The SUP tried to book me on a married segment LAX-TPE-BKK and in the process, lost my original LAX-BKK reservation!!!!!
Before I could have a heart attack (BR is almost impossible to get in I), she assured me that she would take care of it and that she, too, was aghast at what the SUP did.
Within minutes, she advised me that she was booking me LAX TPE in C class as a revenue seat, and would let accounting sort it out with BR!
Tip Top! 2 minutes later all segments confirmed with a 12 hour layover in BKK and ticket in C/I/I was issued, even exchange!
I sent her a virtual hug, a virtual box of chocolates and thanked her profusely for saving my LAX-TPE seat with BR AND forcing the morning BR flight to BKK.
So let's hear other positive experiences like this one.
Way to go Joyce L! You are real sweetheart.