Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Now that I think of it, it was labeled "Spicy Tomato Bisque" I think. I was at the grocery store today and I couldn't find one spicy tomato soup or bisque in the entire aisle. Maybe they keep the good stuff for the industrial customers.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just enjoyed hot chocolate station at LAX UC. Deeeeeelicious! ^
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Hot breakfast items at the ORD B18 UC this morning were the waffles & sausage links. (New rotation as of a week or two ago)

Last edited by cawhite; Dec 17, 2017 at 9:27 am
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Chicken salad and egg salad available to make sandwiches at HNL UC late evening. Not bad.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
ORD T2 last Sunday night had:

This adorable hot chocolate station

Beef stew and mashed potatoes which I hadn't seen before

IAD D7 that night had Thai chicken and rice soup which was delicious.
Silver Fox and thejaredhuang like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by SFO 1K

In all seriousness I’ve seen the packaging, it’s Campbell’s industrial soup product.
Originally Posted by eng3
Now that I think of it, it was labeled "Spicy Tomato Bisque" I think. I was at the grocery store today and I couldn't find one spicy tomato soup or bisque in the entire aisle. Maybe they keep the good stuff for the industrial customers.
Unless they've changed soup suppliers, the soup should be a Blount Fine Foods product (although it does appear that Blount is a supplier for Campbell's on the industrial end)

I don't see a spicy tomato bisque on Blount's catalog, so it's either a new product, or someone in the back is squirting hot sauce into the tomato bisque
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
This was the tomato Gouda bisque (red pepper bisque actually) I raved about Way upthread. The SFO UC gentleman offer d to show me the label and this was it. It is really good. We had seconds or even thirds. Some guy nearby was inhaling 3 bowls at a time (nd cycling the bowls between sips) before refilling them

https://www.campbellsfoodservice.com/product/campbells-reserve-roasted-red-pepper-smoked-gouda-bisque/

hoping it is on offr next next week before my late night transpac. That sodium tho...
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I do like that beef stew and mashed potatoes! Hopefully that will be a fixture in all the clubs.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
This was the tomato Gouda bisque (red pepper bisque actually) I raved about Way upthread. The SFO UC gentleman offer d to show me the label and this was it. It is really good. We had seconds or even thirds. Some guy nearby was inhaling 3 bowls at a time (nd cycling the bowls between sips) before refilling them

https://www.campbellsfoodservice.com...-gouda-bisque/

hoping it is on offr next next week before my late night transpac. That sodium tho...
The sign next to the soup said "spicy tomato soup"
Thanks for finding the real name.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I do like that beef stew and mashed potatoes! Hopefully that will be a fixture in all the clubs.
hilarious!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat
In ORD B6 lounge this afternoon. The bigger food service area was a DMZ with no hot items and a sad handful of spinach and romaine lettuce in the bowl. All of the real crockery and cutlery were gone, replaced with styrofoam and plastic. Head over to the smaller service area near the escalators and at least they had the beef stew and soup over there.

Is the styrofoam foam a new staple? I’ve seen it at EWR before but wrote that off as being slammed as part of their remodel. Things are fairly calm in Chicago today.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by gamma
Is the styrofoam foam a new staple?
Sounds filling at least

David
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DELee
Sounds filling at least

David
I am sure it is closer to nature than the cheese they put out!

Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by gamma
In ORD B6 lounge this afternoon. The bigger food service area was a DMZ with no hot items and a sad handful of spinach and romaine lettuce in the bowl. All of the real crockery and cutlery were gone, replaced with styrofoam and plastic. Head over to the smaller service area near the escalators and at least they had the beef stew and soup over there.

Is the styrofoam foam a new staple? I’ve seen it at EWR before but wrote that off as being slammed as part of their remodel. Things are fairly calm in Chicago today.
The disposable items (plates, flatware, cups, etc) all seem to make intermittent appearances. Could be numerous reasons...no staff to wash dishes, dishwasher has mechanical trouble, china not replaced when broken, etc.

As a general note, I avoid the B6 club at ORD. It always seems overcrowded and not well tended. The short walk to Terminal 2 makes for a much better experience, if time allows at all.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
SFO T3E UC has a vegan chili that, when topped with some of the Fritos available next to it, was not as bland as I'd feared, plus a hot chocolate station.

In other news, the house rum here is now Cruzan instead of Don Q.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.