Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler

The overkill (over-serving) of beans in so annoying to me. Bean salad, garbanzo beans on the size, vegetarian chili with beans...All at the same time. I admit I don’t like beans, but what genius thinks 90 offerings of beans is a good thing before packing hundreds of people in a narrow metal tube?

The couscous salad was good. They had a barley salad thing at one point. But why so damn many bean dishes at one time? Grrrr!
My thoughts are that beans are (a) very inexpensive and (b) have a very long shelf life. Combine those two together and that is why Kirby loves serving more and more bean dishes at the UC!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
UC is literally giving people bupkes!
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
The overkill (over-serving) of beans in so annoying to me. Bean salad, garbanzo beans on the size, vegetarian chili with beans...All at the same time. I admit I don’t like beans, but what genius thinks 90 offerings of beans is a good thing before packing hundreds of people in a narrow metal tube?

The couscous salad was good. They had a barley salad thing at one point. But why so damn many bean dishes at one time? Grrrr!
UA thinks their aircraft need more lift? Or, wait was that TWA?

Originally Posted by transportprof
UC is literally giving people bupkes!
That's not what MBS MillionMiler stinks, err, thinks

David
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
My thoughts are that beans are (a) very inexpensive and (b) have a very long shelf life. Combine those two together and that is why Kirby loves serving more and more bean dishes at the UC!
Combine them with bacon, sausages, mushrooms, hash browns, Heineken, and an Espresso Martini at LHR UC and there is nothing wrong with them whatosever:

Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
At ORD B6 yesterday at lunchtime. The chicken mush has been replaced by "beefy" lasagna. It's actually pretty good, although I would have preferred it called "beef" over :beefy".
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Combine them with bacon, sausages, mushrooms, hash browns, Heineken, and an Espresso Martini at LHR UC and there is nothing wrong with them whatosever:

I don't want to be accused of profiling but were you born in that big island that is between Europe and the US?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
At ORD B6 yesterday at lunchtime. The chicken mush has been replaced by "beefy" lasagna. It's actually pretty good, although I would have preferred it called "beef" over :beefy".
I think "beefy" is actually pretty good for United. I would of half-expected "beef-like"....
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
SFO Rotunda UC last night had Fontina & Quinoa soup.
Different.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I don't want to be accused of profiling but were you born in that big island that is between Europe and the US?

Your powers of deduction are impressive.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold

Undoubtedly it is the decision of the bean-counters...

Oh, and I totally agree with your complaint. A bean snack is not what I'm looking for in the clubs.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I think "beefy" is actually pretty good for United. I would of half-expected "beef-like"....
This was going to be my reply... Or maybe beef-ish.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
The lasagna was actually pretty good. But when I saw "beefy" all I could think about was an episode of Cheers where Cliff and Norm return from The Hungry Heifer (a thinly disguised Hilltop Steakhouse in Saugus):

Norm: Yeah, Cliffy had himself the tunnel T-bone. For less than four bucks, you get 24 ounces of USDA choice US beff.

Cliff: Beff? You mean beef.

Norm: Beef? Don't be ridiculous Cliffy, that stuff is beff. You see, it's a Hungry Heifer trademark for a processed, synthetic, what ... , meat-like substance.

Cliff: Oh, Norm.

Norm Peterson: What do expect for four bucks? Do you hear me complaining about the loobster?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
For a while the BOS club had some great local offerings (lobster rolls) and new snack options (make your own snack bags). Looks like it's reverted back to normal. Hopefully the feedback was positive enough for them to make it a permanent thing.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
EWR clubs - 01/26/18

soups: chicken noodle and broccoli and cheddar

missed the mimosa bar at C72 by a few minutes....ah well

David
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
12pm-6pm? I thought mimosas were an excuse to imbibe at breakfast time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.