Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Hot chocolate station at LAX yesterday
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
ORD had soup and beef stew and mashed potatoes along with quite good hit chocolate yesterday. All tasty although the potatoes didn’t really go with anything.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In EWR C74 right now. Packed to the gills and the reconstituted hard tack soup is still there now enhanced with paper bowls and plastic spoons.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

United Club Investments - New Wiring....

Small part (insignificant, actually) of LAS club is partitioned off. Chatting with reception agents there, it seems the attempt to use LAS as one of the clubs to roll out new food ideas resulted in frequently tripped breakers. The hot item appliances (read: heating elements) were challenging the available amperage, so they’re upgrading the electrical system. Didn’t ask how long it was going to take.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
LAX lunch time - Italian Wedding Soup and Red Pepper Gouda soup, basic salad bar with cheese cubes, cookies/brownies, snack mix, etc - basically nothing special
IAH dinner time (low C gates) - Two pots of Red Pepper Gouda soup, basic salad bar with cheese cubes, cups with a couple slices of meat, a slice of cheese, pesto and olives, snack mix, cookies/brownies, etc - no hot food
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by bocastephen
LAX lunch time - Italian Wedding Soup and Red Pepper Gouda soup, basic salad bar with cheese cubes, cookies/brownies, snack mix, etc - basically nothing special
IAH dinner time (low C gates) - Two pots of Red Pepper Gouda soup, basic salad bar with cheese cubes, cups with a couple slices of meat, a slice of cheese, pesto and olives, snack mix, cookies/brownies, etc - no hot food
No hot chocolate station at LAX?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
ORD B17 club ... switched to different brand of pork sausage links. Loved the Farmland links ... these new ones

Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I didn't see one unless I missed it
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
i was there at 5 AM and while they weren't serving hot chocolate, I saw the area of the counter with the hot chocolate sign
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I don't goto the club very often but I was in SFO and had a spicy tomato soup. Maybe my tastes arent very refined or I was just super hungry but I really liked the soup. I wish I could figure out where they sourced it from.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by eng3
I wish I could figure out where they sourced it from.
In all seriousness I’ve seen the packaging, it’s Campbell’s industrial soup product.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO 1K

In all seriousness I’ve seen the packaging, it’s Campbell’s industrial soup product.
Me too and to be honest, I would prefer not having seen it
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC

DEN East Club today. Nice hot chocolate station.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SFO 1K

Interesting, I remember browsing the soup aisle a few weeks ago and I remember campbells having tomato soup and tomato bisque but no spicy tomato
Must be an industrial only thing
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Campbells do the best tomato soup in my humble tasting opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.