Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:48 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
One consideration may have been Cream of Rice is gluten-free.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
What in the world is a "salami nugget"? Just curious.....
Just thinking of what it could be makes me nauseous
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:54 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Actually, probably a plurality of the world's population, as the Chinese rice porridge dish known as 'congee' is a staple of their diet at breakfast.

However, I'd expect this at an Air China lounge or the HKG United Club...Not an ubiquitous offering in the USA.

...Unless United is REALLY doing the China thing up and attempting to cater to our Asian American brethren.
Especially out of SFO. Is the cream of rice savory or sweet?

Looks like the offerings at the UA Club are slightly better than AA, although there are usually two types of soup offered at the Admirals clubs. Next month I will fly UA to LHR and will have the chance to experience these enhancements.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:39 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Actually, probably a plurality of the world's population, as the Chinese rice porridge dish known as 'congee' is a staple of their diet at breakfast.
Actually, the more I think about it, we should all start calling it "Khao", as it is now reminding me of the wedding speech in 'The Hangover II'. (To my western ears, it sounds like 'joh').

If you don't know what 'khao' is, start watching the below clip from 0:52...I'm guessing this adequately describes the new breakfast mush offering:

"The world needs khao, just as the world needs people like Stu".
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: UA1K
anyone know when SNA will see the new offerings?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
For those of us with a sweet tooth, the new food offerings are really lacking in this area! Please UA, include cookies or small pieces of cake, or how about investing in a small freezer for each club and stock a selection of ice cream!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by enviroian
In the C concourse UC now. Yes cream of rice. It's disgusting. No berries for yogurt anymore either.

ETA: I'm at EWR.
That's terrible! The oatmeal was good!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:53 pm

New menu currently in place at LAX - and it's a nice change!

The salami / various meats plate offers a true range of snacking, with a bowl of semi-spicy mustard to boot.

The chicken/corn chowder is reasonably tasty, as is the bean salad.

The new/different formulation of hummus (at least, compared to the bland one on offer last week) is an improvement. The micro-sliced bell peppers have been replaced by green and yellow squash - not my personal top choice, but nothing wrong with it otherwise... just personal preference.

Haven't been here long enough to see the re-stock rate, but I'm pleasantly satisfied with the offerings.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA 1P (w/ no expectations whatsoever); Marriott Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by physioprof
The oatmeal was good!
I agree, that was probably one of my favorite morning items.

I'm a fan of the afternoon changes, I just was not enticed by the Mediterranean-heavy offerings at all (part personal preference, partly how it was basically just mush to me and not at all fresh).

And credit where credit is due: at least United is rotating the menu.

Though I did pass through the IAD LH Business Lounge a few weeks back and reminded myself what an incredible spread they had comparatively.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
United Club Investments – New Complimentary Food Menu, and More (2015)

"Texas caviar" according to the sign, some sort of bean salad instead of lentils at ORD C club tonight. Red pepper hummus and kale salad. No salami, cubes or sliced. Same cheese cubes as usual. Same stale rolls as usual. Olive oil and Sriracha present unlike on Wednesday afternoon when they were missing.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: 1K 2MM
Updated food at Seattle too

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Just wanted to report from my pass through late this morning,

The MCO club has the updated food spread, although it is more limited then the other hub UC's I have been to. I observed hummus, peppers, cheese, soup, and olives on one side, and then on the other side of the glass partition it was cookies, whole fruit, and crackers. So there doesn't appear to be the grain salad, brownie brittle, or the breads. Although maybe it just rolled out so they are working the kinks out, or maybe they intended to keep the spread limited.

Regardless, a nice change from the packaged snacks. And, thankfully, a well placed sneeze guard is over the food.
Looks like the same limited spread as MCO. No soup when I got there at 11:30, but they said it would be out soon! Oddly though, no pita chips, which seems to sort of go with the hummus?

Last edited by tkc98110; Oct 3, 2015 at 1:22 pm Reason: added info
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
SEA had the new food when I was there yesterday at breakfast time.

Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
New offerings are available in PHX.

Yes, PHX has the new menu. I checked it out yesterday. Yogurt was the best change yesterday.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Just to report my observation of the new food from ORD on Friday:

the melon with the yogurt is definitely a downgrade (cheaper then the berries too!), and when eaten without yogurt definitely has that canned/artificial taste of some sort. Similar to that taste of fruit in a syrup... or something like that. All I can say is the pineapple did not taste fresh at all.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska Gold
[QUOTE=CMK10;25513621]SEA had the new food when I was there yesterday at breakfast time.
{image removed for space reasons}

Where did they put the new food set up? This doesn't look like where it used to be? I'll be getting to check it out for myself next week!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 3, 2015 at 3:43 pm Reason: {image removed for space reasons}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.