Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
What in the world is a "salami nugget"? Just curious.....
Thick sliced salami???
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Afternoon:
  • Salami nuggets, sweet capicola, panino meats and assorted cheeses including gouda, Muenster and Swiss
  • Monthly soup rotation with assorted artisan bread and wheat crackers:
  • Corn chowder with chicken
  • Butternut squash
  • Tuscan style white bean with chicken
  • Fresh cut zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomato medley
  • Monthly fresh leafy greens salad rotation with assorted artisan bread and wheat crackers
  • Dressed kale leaf salad with carrots and raspberry vinaigrette
  • Dressed spinach leaf salad
  • De-constructed wedge salad
-UA Insider
wow sounds great! Soup choices --thank you!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Maybe the salami is cut in cubes rather than sliced to prevent (as I saw at EWR) people from taking 10 slices to make a sandwhich?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Today we’re beginning a seasonal rotation of the United Club complimentary fresh food menus at our hubs. The menu launching today features more autumnal produce, hearty soups, and other seasonal items. We continue to progressively introduce a version of the previous menu at our line stations, and starting next year we’ll be introducing a new menu at all clubs with each season.

Here’s what you might see in our hub locations in the new rotation:

Morning:
  • Greek vanilla yogurt with fruit salad featuring pineapple chunks, sweet honeydew and cantaloupe chunks, and crisp red seedless grapes
  • Sliced hard boiled eggs with assorted toppings including bacon bits, minced red onion and capers
  • Cream of rice with golden and dark raisins
  • Assorted croissants and pound cakes

Afternoon:
  • Salami nuggets, sweet capicola, panino meats and assorted cheeses including gouda, Muenster and Swiss
  • Monthly soup rotation with assorted artisan bread and wheat crackers:
  • Corn chowder with chicken
  • Butternut squash
  • Tuscan style white bean with chicken
  • Fresh cut zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomato medley
  • Monthly fresh leafy greens salad rotation with assorted artisan bread and wheat crackers
  • Dressed kale leaf salad with carrots and raspberry vinaigrette
  • Dressed spinach leaf salad
  • De-constructed wedge salad
-UA Insider
Sounds good, let's give it a try :-)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Who on earth has "cream of rice" for breakfast? Thankfully this has passed me by if there are some that do.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:58 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Who on earth has "cream of rice" for breakfast?
Actually, probably a plurality of the world's population, as the Chinese rice porridge dish known as 'congee' is a staple of their diet at breakfast.

However, I'd expect this at an Air China lounge or the HKG United Club...Not an ubiquitous offering in the USA.

...Unless United is REALLY doing the China thing up and attempting to cater to our Asian American brethren.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Who on earth has "cream of rice" for breakfast?
Actually, probably a plurality of the world's population, as the Chinese rice porridge dish known as 'congee' is a staple of their diet at breakfast.

However, I'd expect this at an Air China lounge or the HKG United Club...Not an ubiquitous offering in the USA.

...Unless United is REALLY doing the China thing up and attempting to cater to our Asian American brethren.
In the C concourse UC now. Yes cream of rice. It's disgusting. No berries for yogurt anymore either.

ETA: I'm at EWR.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 2, 2015 at 10:38 am
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
I like that they are going to change things around every so often. The salad addition is great. But, to echo others, cream of rice? And the loss of the fresh berries for what is probably a sugary canned fruit salad is a bad move.

All in all, nice work UA.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:05 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
In the C concourse UC now. Yes cream of rice. It's disgusting. No berries for yogurt anymore either.
Yeah, I will not be a fan. I actually liked the oatmeal, yog(h)urt and especially the berries, which were good in both, or by themselves...But pineapple and what is surely under-ripe melon (I'm yet to ever have proper, ripe cantaloupe and honeydew anywhere but my own home)--no thanks. But no worries for me, I've got all afternoon flights this fall.

Of all of the breakfast cereals, cream of rice? Again, I've never heard of it outside Asia (my earlier post about congee). I could tolerate and perhaps enjoy Cream of Wheat (or their more delicious cousin CoCo Wheats), or even if they went southern and had a delicious, buttery, perhaps cheesy grits or polenta.

I am excited about the soup offerings--can't quite tell, is it ONE of those will be available on a rotating basis, or are all three being offered at one time? I was not a fan of the vegetable--but all three of the new ones sound great.

I assume that the current offerings will be gone--these new items are a replacement of versus a compliment to the current offerings? I will miss the brownie brittle, hummus and couscous (or whatever it was) salad.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
I am excited about the soup offerings--can't quite tell, is it ONE of those will be available on a rotating basis, or are all three being offered at one time? I was not a fan of the vegetable--but all three of the new ones sound great
Totally agree I'm s soup lover. My guess? Definitely rotating basis, probably each one monthly.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Had the corn chowder yesterday afternoon and I can say that it was very delicious
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by awu25
Had the corn chowder yesterday afternoon and I can say that it was very delicious
Didn't know they were being implemented already! I'll be at the ORD C club in a few hours and will report.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
I hope the kale salad is like the one at AC's MLL. I have to say, that was pretty tasty!
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's awful. I hope it's not a sign of the new UA that the food offerings go down hill.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
Didn't know they were being implemented already! I'll be at the ORD C club in a few hours and will report.
corn chowder is here at the C ORD UC. Unfortunately they now have even smaller plastic cups for the soup. One ladle max and it's full. Really? Can we have normal size bowls? CHEAP.

ETA: The pita chips are DEFINITELY different. They are thinner and not as tasty as the other ones that tasted just like Stacy's. Ugh...

Last edited by enviroian; Oct 2, 2015 at 10:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.