Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:15 am

Where is the food-for-sale being tested? Is there a list?

I've reduced my attendance to the United Clubs because there is little in it for me. So United losses out on the fees my *A program world pay.

I find the afternoon food badly wanting and the morning food extremely sugary. Super unhealthy stuff. That anyone would hype that in a press release is flabbergasting.

Where can I suggest variety instead of the same stuff every day? What about FRESH and HEALTHY things like pears, plums, apricots, mandarins, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, spinach, etc.? Things that are fresh, in season (so not frozen or overpriced) and, as feasible, from the region where the Club is?

Dear United: Reduce your Clubs CO2 footprint and support the regional farmers as well as your customers' health.

And you need more showers, obviously.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by sokolov

I've reduced my attendance to the United Clubs because there is little in it for me. So United losses out on the fees my *A program world pay.

I find the afternoon food badly wanting and the morning food extremely sugary. Super unhealthy stuff. That anyone would hype that in a press release is flabbergasting.

Where can I suggest variety instead of the same stuff every day? What about FRESH and HEALTHY things like pears, plums, apricots, mandarins, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, spinach, etc.? Things that are fresh, in season (so not frozen or overpriced) and, as feasible, from the region where the Club is?

Dear United: Reduce your Clubs CO2 footprint and support the regional farmers as well as your customers' health.

And you need more showers, obviously.
What do you mean exactly by, "pears, plums, apricots, mandarins, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, spinach, etc." ? Maybe a salad bar? It would be a bit odd to see all of those things standing alone by themselves, no?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
It's "flabbergasting" that an airline lounge would offer food that prioritizes convenient, filling, fresh options? When the previous spread was nearly all pre-packaged?

No disrespect intended, but it sounds as if an airport lounge isn't going to satisfy you. You're looking for a sustainable, locally sourced restaurant.

I've never once seen it. I believe it's just in the planning stage at this point.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I was in the B club tonight, liked the crackers but hated that the soup was removed at 6pm.
In E, soup was still there when I left at 8:50.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Sitting in ORD B6 right now. One person working the buffet. It's taking 30 minutes to change from breakfast to lunch and he's shooing away people who are trying to get something from the part that's set up. They say "but I have a flight" he responds "not my problem I have my job to do."
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by milepig
Sitting in ORD B6 right now. One person working the buffet. It's taking 30 minutes to change from breakfast to lunch and he's shooing away people who are trying to get something from the part that's set up. They say "but I have a flight" he responds "not my problem I have my job to do."
I was at the C UA ORD club Friday. Did they have melon at B instead of the berries for yogurt? How about that aesthetically pleasing rice sludge? Let me know if you stay around long enough for lunch to rollout. I want someone else to testify that the pita chips are different than the Stacy's chips they had before.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
That is so discouraging. Part of the problem is that no doubt UA is using contract workers here -- as any economist would suggest they do for nonessential work such as food service -- as opposed to regular employees.

But when they interact with guests, this is the result.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
That is so discouraging. Part of the problem is that no doubt UA is using contract workers here -- as any economist would suggest they do for nonessential work such as food service -- as opposed to regular employees.

When you hire contractors, you define the terms of the contract, you set expectations, and ideally use metrics to confirm that the service met expectations.

I was at the new SFO Delta Sky Club this weekend. It's gorgeous. But what struck me is how attentive the (contract) employees were, constantly cleaning up the buffet area as if we had been at a 5 star hotel.

In comparison, the appearance of the buffet at a United Club doesn't meet the standards of a school cafeteria.

It has nothing to do with contractors. It's about expectations, oversight, and penalties. Your experience (which is consistent with mine) simply demonstrates that United doesn't care.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone

I did.

Breakfast was gruel, mixed melon (I saw no berries) stale slices of breakfast breads, a little bit of "Chex" cereal. Yogurt with mix ins. No sign of eggs and nothing that was gone after 10 was replaced.

Lunch was hearty corn chowder with chicken. Not too bad. Bread rolls of 2 types hummas with chips. I didn't try the chips so don't know if they're different. Brownie chips replaced by chocolate covered graham crackers. No sign of salami of other meat.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Sounds like a huge downgrade for breakfast, but an improvement in the afternoon.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
This same work attitude is what makes the DMV or Post Office such a joy to visit.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
This same work attitude is what makes the DMV or Post Office such a joy to visit.
To his credit, the guy was sinking. There was no one to help him.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
To his credit, the guy was sinking. There was no one to help him.
it's hard to remain positive, and upbeat with customers, when you're working for a company that doesn't pay to staff properly.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Had a survey from my Sunday flight, so I pointed out that I didn't like the new food in the Club and asked if the coffee cup thing was a push or a DEN supply issue.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 1:33 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by PushingTin
Had a survey from my Sunday flight, so I pointed out that I didn't like the new food in the Club and asked if the coffee cup thing was a push or a DEN supply issue.
I have not seen a to go coffee cup at any club for the past month (LAX, ORD, EWR, HNL, SFO)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.