Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by CMK10
SEA had the new food when I was there yesterday at breakfast time.
{image removed for space reasons} ..
Did you try the "cream of rice"?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 3, 2015 at 3:46 pm Reason: {image removed for space reasons}
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kseaflyr
Where did they put the new food set up? This doesn't look like where it used to be? I'll be getting to check it out for myself next week!
At the end of the Club by the bar:

Originally Posted by physioprof
Did you try the "cream of rice"?
Ha, no. I only went to the Club to see it and report back here about the food options. I breakfasted at the Centurion Studio, naturally.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA peon (+decades 1K), AA Exec Plt
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Today we’re beginning a seasonal rotation of the United Club complimentary fresh food menus at our hubs. The menu launching today features more autumnal produce, hearty soups, ..........

-UA Insider
When are we in the hinterlands such as DFW 6th largest metropolitan area in the country going to see a boiled egg? Become less and less of a reason to visit you guys in Terminal 5.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:54 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Went to 3 ORD clubs tonight, between 4-5:45pm.

None have salami, cappacola, or any other salted Italian meats. At the last club, I asked..."Are you putting out salami?" I was told, "Salami, no more. New menu 3 days ago...No meats now."

Apparently ORD didn't get the memo. I grabbed a proper meal at Frontera, sitting at a vacant gate, online through my free Boingo account through Amex...I need this club less and less.

Granted, I tasted the corn chowder...Pretty good. Much better than the last offering. Kale salad is boring, as are the other uninspired offerings.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by Far From Home

The chicken/corn chowder is reasonably tasty, as is the bean salad.
I agree. I'm having the corn chowder right now and it's tasty and hearty. Perfect for a cold and rainy night at EWR.

But why the smoked gouda cheese cubes instead of the cheddar?

Last edited by TravelTheWorld66; Oct 3, 2015 at 5:02 pm
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
No more to-go cups for coffee? UC DEN clubs have had nothing but mugs this whole week? That is a major issue for me since grabbing a cup and waiting in the BG1 liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine (it's always long) was one of the few ways that I thought the Club made sense. The robot coffee machine makes OK specials.

I know there is the rule on taking out food, but not taking out coffee?

I liked the strawberries and blueberries much more than the mellons. Mellons don't go with yogurt very well.

Pound cake instead of the donut holes and miniscones? Talk about making curbing my sweet tooth easier... I was a fan of the changes overall last summer, but I think they gave us the good stuff and now are downgrading already.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by PushingTin
No more to-go cups for coffee? UC DEN clubs have had nothing but mugs this whole week? That is a major issue for me since grabbing a cup and waiting in the BG1 liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine (it's always long) was one of the few ways that I thought the Club made sense. The robot coffee machine makes OK specials.

I know there is the rule on taking out food, but not taking out coffee?

I liked the strawberries and blueberries much more than the mellons. Mellons don't go with yogurt very well.

Pound cake instead of the donut holes and miniscones? Talk about making curbing my sweet tooth easier... I was a fan of the changes overall last summer, but I think they gave us the good stuff and now are downgrading already.
It's like the inflight meals, big PR and now they are shrinking continuously in size and the quality of the ingredients went downhill too.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
It's like the inflight meals, big PR and now they are shrinking continuously in size and the quality of the ingredients went downhill too.
I feel like its total bait and switch.

1.blueberries and strawberries GONE
2. Higher end pita chips GONE
3. Oatmeal GONE
4. Real bowls GONE (now plastic 1 oz servings for soup).

Someone mentioned upthread the taste of the fruit..definitely reminds me of my childhood days when I got the cup of fruit with it swimming in syrup. That's exactly what the fruit tastes of. UA is so CHEAP.

Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I can second another sighting of no more to-go coffee cups, ugh. That was great to keep with me while waiting to board.

Also, a confirmed egg sighting (not on a weekday!) this morning at IAD around 7:30. Naturally, they went within minutes and when I left the club they were not restocked.

Last, want to provide a data point that the breakfast offerings at CLE were definitely sub-par from the hubs. The yogurt is not greek (instead a normal sugary yogurt), no fruit, and no protein (eggs).
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by enviroian
I feel like its total bait and switch.

1.blueberries and strawberries GONE
2. Higher end pita chips GONE
3. Oatmeal GONE
4. Real bowls GONE (now plastic 1 oz servings for soup).

Someone mentioned upthread the taste of the fruit..definitely reminds me of my childhood days when I got the cup of fruit with it swimming in syrup. That's exactly what the fruit tastes of. UA is so CHEAP.

Leave it to United to find a lower class of pita chips...

Couple of weeks ago in ORD, the bowls in the afternoon were smaller than a full ladel of soup.

The biggest issue with the coffee cup coup is that the ceramic mugs are slightly smaller than the foam cups and they spill over - EVERYTIME - and there are no saucers. So what they save in coffee and cups they loose in napkins to wipe and the rugs take hits as everyone drips back to their seats. I feel the robot coffee machine days are limited.

I really wish they'd cut back on the booze features and stabilize the food a bit.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
IAH tonight has the familiar large-ish black plastic bowls for the soup. Also chocolate covered graham crackers, which I haven't seen mentioned yet.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver

Couple of weeks ago in ORD, the bowls in the afternoon were smaller than a full ladel of soup.
United will soon fix that problem when they reduce the size of the soup dipper to a couple of tablespoons.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver

I really wish they'd cut back on the booze features and stabilize the food a bit.
Well, they can't cut back much further in the booze area. Their gin and vodka is McCormick's brand. Varnish-like swill. I guess they could replace their Sickamore Lane wine with Boone's Farm wine. Otherwise, they have already cut to the bone.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Very happy to see the variety in soup.

But, I would also be delighted if they would just give me a bag of Lay's potato chips and a miniature Milky Way.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by woody1173
IAH tonight has the familiar large-ish black plastic bowls for the soup. Also chocolate covered graham crackers, which I haven't seen mentioned yet.
I was in the B club tonight, liked the crackers but hated that the soup was removed at 6pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.