Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by zrs70
My lifetime membership just got a major upgrade!!!
^^^
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Neil35
DEN, yes. This is the international gateway city on your itinerary.

FLL, not on the ticket alone. You need to be one of the following:
- Star Alliance Gold or United MileagePlus Premier Gold
- United Club member
- Chase MileagePlus Club (Visa) Card holder
- being a guest of the above (international itinerary is required for United MileagePlus Premier Gold member)
- using United Club one-time pass

See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-2015-a.html
thanks for the clarification! Will have to use a different FF number then.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I brought it up with the dragons at SFO UC yesterday. They seemed pretty stoked. She indicated by August SFO will get the upgrade.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Ok.. It looks like United listened and now I may have to stick to my promise.. Looks like I will be investigating the club card option now..

Well done.

EDIT: Just upgraded my MP to UC.. Money where my mouth is..

Last edited by cyclogenesis; Mar 5, 2015 at 9:17 am
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by cyclogenesis
Ok.. It looks like United listened and now I may have to stick to my promise.. Looks like I will be investigating the club card option now..

Well done.
I too, am very happy to read about upgrade. Your post is interesting because is touches on the "United listened" issue. United didn't listen, United probably saw an exodus of paying customers and received endless complaints about their degradation of product.

Therefore, it is a great change, but I don't believe they did it out of any goodness of heart. I think they cut so far that they started to see negative patterns and realized they had gone too far.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
I too, am very happy to read about upgrade. Your post is interesting because is touches on the "United listened" issue. United didn't listen, United probably saw an exodus of paying customers and received endless complaints about their degradation of product.

Therefore, it is a great change, but I don't believe they did it out of any goodness of heart. I think they cut so far that they started to see negative patterns and realized they had gone too far.
True.. Yes United did react to something.. But what they changed is something people have been pointing out as sorely missing.. For me the biggest point is the buy inside trail that will happen.. The reason I cancelled my membership last time was that I could not get food and was not allowed to bring food in..
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
True.. Yes United did react to something.. But what they changed is something people have been pointing out as sorely missing.. For me the biggest point is the buy inside trail that will happen.. The reason I cancelled my membership last time was that I could not get food and was not allowed to bring food in..
I will continue to bring my sandwich in. Now I get to have soup with it too. Nice.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP; UA Silver; HHonors Silver; HyattGP Platinum; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Are they still serving Pepe Lopez tequila and Early Times bourbon? Along with Popov vodka these were two of my favorites available at the UC in HKG.
I was there last April for the late morning flight to SFO. So unfortunately I cannot answer your question. (I wasn't paying very much attention to the alcohol offerings...however, if I remember correctly there were a couple of small refrigerators offering a selection of beers and sodas.) Maybe another FTer can answer your question regarding premium alcohol offerings at the HKG UC?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat

but is it too little too late? I got fed up and moved to AA last year after three years of abysmal everything. I do have a forced trip on UA next month, but will anything REALLY be in place or will it plod on and on like the merger??? In my business, we don't roll something out until we are ready to implement..no teasing and then phasing in.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by boss315
but is it too little too late? I got fed up and moved to AA last year after three years of abysmal everything.
You mean the same AA whose lounges have inferior food even compared to the existing situation at the United Clubs?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
You mean the same AA whose lounges have inferior food even compared to the existing situation at the United Clubs?
That misses the point. The poster was asking if fixing one thing was too little, too late, for those who may have moved on to a perceived overall better package.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by enviroian
I brought it up with the dragons at SFO UC yesterday. They seemed pretty stoked. She indicated by August SFO will get the upgrade.
I guess I'll wait until August or thereabouts to use my free pass and see.

but is it too little too late? I got fed up and moved to AA last year after three years of abysmal everything. I do have a forced trip on UA next month, but will anything REALLY be in place or will it plod on and on like the merger??? In my business, we don't roll something out until we are ready to implement..no teasing and then phasing in.
Yes. Too little too late for me.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I'm in the same boat, but hopefully if this turns out to be an actual improvement that is implemented well, it might be one of many "little" things that eventually signal a turning point in UA's commitment to service. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Text of an email today from united
We’re elevating your United Club experience

New complimentary fresh food offerings are the latest addition.

As a United ClubSM member, you have told us that you want an airport getaway where you can recharge and relax during your busy travel schedule. We're making major changes to give you an elevated, hospitality-centric experience. In 2015, you will see continual improvements throughout our club network, from our fresh food offerings, to a renewed focus on customer service and new and updated facilities.

■ New complimentary food menu: Starting this week at our United Club locations at Chicago O'Hare, we are introducing a new complimentary fresh food menu. The updated menu will be available at United Club locations in Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark and Washington Dulles by the end of the summer, and in all U.S. United Club locations by the end of 2015.

■ Club renovations: This year we'll renovate the clubs at Chicago O'Hare, Washington Regan, Hong Kong and Tokyo-Narita, and build brand-new clubs in Atlanta and San Francisco. These clubs will offer various types of seating, with more seats overall, as well as workstations and power outlets.

■ Service and more: We are investing in technology and customer service training that reflect the high standards in the hotel and hospitality industry. You will be able to stay productive with complimentary Wi-Fi-based printing, available later this year. United Club agents will also complete a new, comprehensive customer service program throughout 2015 to offer you exceptional service and care.

We are committed to creating a relaxing, nourishing and productive retreat for our guests. Thank you for being a United Club member, and we look forward to welcoming you to a United Club location on your next trip.

learn more
The learn mode link starts
Over the next 5 years, United is investing more than $100 million into transforming the United Club program
and has more details.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by BenSDQ
thanks for the clarification! Will have to use a different FF number then.
Not sure why you'd need to change your FF number; if you have multiple FF accounts and one of them is *G/lounge membership, that number doesn't have to be on your BP for access. Just show your card & BPs at FLL.

If you were flying UA GF/BF instead of LH, you would have UC access throughout your itinerary, regardless of status.

Back on topic - I wonder if the premium champagnes/wines will be offered gratis to certain pax? I'd be miffed if I had to shell out $ for proper wine if I was in long-haul premium cabin... Maybe they'll reintroduce drink chits, at least for GF/BF/*A F/*A J? (wishful thinking? )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.