Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Funny, but for the first time in a few years, I had the opportunity to use a DL SkyClub this past week (thanks to an INVOL re-route and my Platinum AMEX). If this is what we're being given, it's going to fall WAY short of the DL offerings. It was a veritable buffet of delicious goodness, including:
the skyclub offerings are pretty solid.

I had a connection via SFO last week, I went straight to the Centurion lounge; I mean... its not even the same league, its like pee-wee vs. the major league. They've got a full (comp) bar with quite nice wines, full buffet with good food, nice snacks etc.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:31 pm

In what I assume is purely coincidence, the day before Seth broke the news on the upgraded UC food offerings, I visited the HNL UC to meet some incoming family and was shocked to find wedges of brie and high(er) quality large biscuit-like crackers. It was a very welcome departure from the norm. Unfortunately, I got another gate pass yesterday and stopped in again only to find that Tillamook and Clubhouse crackers had returned. So close, UC, so close...

At least I can check off 2 more problem-free gate pass experiences at HNL ^
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
If I could simply get a seat every time I visit a lounge I'd be happy. Better chow is great, but the overcrowding sours the entire experience. Oh, and the slobs with their bare feet up on the tables don't help either.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by elitefreak
The bagels were nasty before and will always be nasty. At least with bagel "sticks" (whatever that is), we won't be comparing them to good quality NY/NJ bagel shop bagels.
LOL this is what I was thinking as well...
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by Bonehead
If I could simply get a seat every time I visit a lounge I'd be happy. Better chow is great, but the overcrowding sours the entire experience. Oh, and the slobs with their bare feet up on the tables don't help either.
Yes, overcrowding is a major problem. And those having excessively loud (and boring) conversations on their hands-free cellphones.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
I agree about the feet on the tables... its sad.

I have never found my self in a situation where there simply was not a single seat in the club. I have seen a decent crowd but never, not once was every single seat taken.

The over crowding thing just makes me laugh... if it were empty everytime you went in A.) it would close B.) Membership would be $10,000
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I stopped by DCA this morning and asked what those advertised "major renovations" would involve, and the attendant said they'd remodel the circular room that used to be the entire club until they opened that second room with all the TVs. I'm not sure what work the hard product there requires, aside from maybe more power outlets; they just expanded the serving area by about 100 percent, including one of those fancy espresso/cappucino/latte coffee machines (^ to that!). The new menu will arrive after it gets to all the hubs.

Now at the IAH terminal E UC, which is its same old self and which will also be waiting a few months for the new menu.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
It's not about getting something for nothing, it's about getting value for your money.
That is what UA management said when they worked out the numbers for the improvements. Next you know, the membership and credit card annual fees will go up.

The US club in CLT smells terrible because of the olives. I hope that is not coming to the United club.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Although I'm sure you're relaying facts, I wanted to add that I've been in AA or UA clubs for 25 years and never once had a problem getting a seat nor have I ever seen someone with his/her feet on a table. I'm in a club at least twice a week for a quarter century so a fairly decent sample size.

On the food side, I am excited by the new offerings and definitely look at it as an improvement.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:26 am
grt

Speaking of overcrowding, the Terminal 3 UA Club in SFO is full nearly all the time. You can usually find a seat, but it take a while. They need to add capacity.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RealFan
...nor have I ever seen someone with his/her feet on a table....
I can't recall ever seeing that, either. Far too common is the feet on the F bulkhead - it's amazing how high some people can put them from 757 seats 1E&F.

Why does the roll out of the new, but fairly simple, food offering taking so long?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
I've not seen bare feet on tables but certainly shoes on tables/chairs. I know I have a pic somewhere of SFO with a guy feet propped up with the "don't put your feet on furniture" sign.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
I've not seen bare feet on tables but certainly shoes on tables/chairs. I know I have a pic somewhere of SFO with a guy feet propped up with the "don't put your feet on furniture" sign.
Last month in the LAS UC. Woman had bare feet on a table in the middle of the lounge. Gross.

I told the desk agent. She came by and told her to refrain from doing that.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Last month in the LAS UC. Woman had bare feet on a table in the middle of the lounge. Gross.

I told the desk agent. She came by and told her to refrain from doing that.
At least PDX, my home 'drone, has signs informing the knuckle draggers to "please refrain from putting their feet on the furniture".... Doesn't always work as some of them haven't 'graduated' from pictures!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Reminder

This thread's topic is the recently announced UC enhancements -- while amusing to point out "travelers behaving badly" that is off topic and would likely derail this thread (due to wealth of observations we have all gathered). So let's say on recently announced UC enhancements .

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.