Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I hope this doesn't mean the end to the few of 'good value' selections of premium wine on the menu like Stag's Leap Artemis, Jordan Cab, and Rombauer Chardonnay for prices that are much less than what you'll pay for the same at an outside bar.
Agree 100%..... plus its not very common to find Stags and Jordan Cab by the glass at many outside places also....
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:51 pm

In true FT fashion.....

No upgrades to that awful complimentary beer and wine selection.

Laurent Perrier as the premium champagne is a downgrade over the current Veuve Cliquot, I wonder if they'll reduce the price accordingly.

"Rolled out to all clubs by the end of the year", I sincerely hope they don't downgrade LHR and HKG to this standard, even though the food is an improvement for the domestic clubs.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
ORD C club (pics are via MMS, sorry for the poor quality):

the caption my friend sent along with the pictures was "it's pretty pathetic, but the soup is good."
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by riphamilton
ORD C club (pics are via MMS, sorry for the poor quality):

the caption my friend sent along with the pictures was "it's pretty pathetic, but the soup is good."
Thanks for the photos. At first glance I thought the box said "nickel and dime".
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
well, it's not sounding NH or SQ or even BR-esque, but it's better than no improvement at all.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Wondering if the Nickel and Nickel wine case represents new premium wines being sold at the club? That would be a nice addition...

Or someone found the empty case at a garage sale to hold the bowl of bread.....
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Quick review of ORD C club:

No salami, but pretty much everything else.

I tried the soup, salad, olives, hummus, "artisan" bread. Cheese was back to cubes, unwrapped, cheddar only.

Soup and hummus were good. The rest was nothing exciting. The soup had barley or something in it in addition to the vegetables. The grain salad was better when mixed with a little hummus.

Opinions will likely vary, but to me this is overall a nice upgrade.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks for the photos. At first glance I thought the box said "nickel and dime".
Nickel and Dime must be the premium version. This is United. We have Nickel and Nickel.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by riphamilton
...the caption my friend sent along with the pictures was "it's pretty pathetic, but the soup is good."
Compared to today's offerings, it's far from pathetic - add some green salad, and it would be even better.

I am concerned how the serving containers are laid out - not very hygienic, especially the bread appears to be open to the air and prime for finger touching. Should be in an enclosed container with tongs and the bowls should be covered.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
this was brought out shortly after 5pm. dinner?

Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Just left ORD's C club with the new food offerings.

Huge improvement over what was previously offered. I love the olives......
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Not sure why people keep comparing to fancy foreign-carrier lounges that have nothing to do with a US domestic paid lounge product. It seems like a guaranteed way to be disappointed.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Not sure why people keep comparing to fancy foreign-carrier lounges that have nothing to do with a US domestic paid lounge product. It seems like a guaranteed way to be disappointed.
The Maple Leaf Lounge is a fancy foreign lounge? The US Airways Club that served hot soup for years is fancy? Delta was serving packaged hummus for years now...and Skyclubs are far from fancy.

While these UA changes are welcome and a good thing, they are both very and just catching up.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
The Maple Leaf Lounge is a fancy foreign lounge? The US Airways Club that served hot soup for years is fancy? Delta was serving packaged hummus for years now...and Skyclubs are far from fancy.
K but that's not the posts I was talking about. Obviously. People are comparing to SQ et al. That's silly. So moving on from the strawman attack...

The comparison to the MLL is inapt, but less so.

This change puts UA way, way, way, way, way, way ahead of the AA clubs, and apparently ahead of the disgusting mess of a SkyClub I visited recently.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by mgcsinc
K but that's not the posts I was talking about. Obviously. People are comparing to SQ et al. That's silly. So moving on from the strawman attack...

The comparison to the MLL is inapt, but less so.

This change puts UA way, way, way, way, way, way ahead of the AA clubs, and apparently ahead of the disgusting mess of a SkyClub I visited recently.
No attack made or intended, but I am curious why the comparison to the MLL is problematic. In fact, the MLL recently allowed frequent fliers, not just paid members and *G, access to the lounge - something UA does not do - without cutting back on F+B amenities.

I've always maintained the MLL was the minimum standard that United needed to match - but of course asking for, or even thinking United could match a SQ, BR, NH or LH lounge is just not logical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.