Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
No. I asked and they said CLE opted not to have eggs, salami, brittle chips and skittles based on experience of other clubs. They do serve soup using real bowls and spoons, however, which is a plus.
I didn't realize the clubs could choose not to carry half the selection. Can they choose to stick with carrots, cheese and crackers only? And still call it an enhanced selection? :/ If this is remotely true, then it's pretty pathetic.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:17 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Yes, but does it have salami?
I think they like to hide the salami.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I think they like to hide the salami.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Pat+
I didn't realize the clubs could choose not to carry half the selection. Can they choose to stick with carrots, cheese and crackers only? And still call it an enhanced selection? :/ If this is remotely true, then it's pretty pathetic.
I concur. I'd love to hear confirmation of that. I suppose I can understand not wanting to serve the more perishable items such as eggs and meat ... but leaving out the sweets makes no sense.

Confirmation from another visitor would be welcome.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:23 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
No. I asked and they said CLE opted not to have eggs, salami, brittle chips and skittles based on experience of other clubs. They do serve soup using real bowls and spoons, however, which is a plus.
As much as I enjoy the brittle chips, they turn into brittle crumbs when it's running low. Also, I can see people get confused with Skittles, assuming they were M&M's.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by PTahCha
As much as I enjoy the brittle chips, they turn into brittle crumbs when it's running low
As do the pita chips. They have the wrong tool used to collect them.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
United Club Investments – New Complimentary Food Menu, and More (2015)

BOS UC now has upgraded food offerings.

Also, a female traveling companion brought to my attention that there are NOT free feminine hygiene products available in the ladies' restroom, which is different from other UCs.

Have a nice day.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I have now seen the salami a few times but still have to see the hard boiled eggs at breakfast time. They are the real unicorn.
Eggs are not allowed on the weekends, overheard one of the staff mentioning they are only for weekdays.

Flyer Friendly.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by worldtrav
Eggs are not allowed on the weekends, overheard one of the staff mentioning they are only for weekdays.

Flyer Friendly.
What? That doesn't make any sense. Are you joking?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
That's eggstremely silly if true.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
That's eggstremely silly if true.
I, too, hope it's a yolk
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by CMK10
I, too, hope it's a yolk
Well we all know that this airline is but a shell of its former self!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum
An agent in ORD told me the eggs are only weekday mornings, and the salami is only supposed to be served 4-6pm. That's basically been my experience as well
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by UAinAUS
An agent in ORD told me the eggs are only weekday mornings, and the salami is only supposed to be served 4-6pm. That's basically been my experience as well
What a bunch of baloney.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by UAinAUS
It's a weekday, and I don't see any hardboiled eggs at LAX right now. I'm in the UC next to gate 70.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.