Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
I'm not sure how/why it is so difficult to get the new items to other non-hub clubs. This was announced in March. Whats the hold up?
To be fair, they seem to be ahead of schedule as they didn't expect to roll out the changes to the domestic hubs by the end of summer:

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

The new menu rolls out at our ORD Clubs this week, expands to the rest of our domestic hubs by the end of the summer, and will be at our remaining locations by the end of the year.

-UA Insider
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kurt
Is there a definitive date when non-hub clubs like SEA, PDX and SAN will introduce the new offerings?
I posted upthread that I asked in MSP and PHL who mentioned Fall and end of the year as dates. I figure dates for the rest of the clubs will be in that range.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by demkr
I'm not sure how/why it is so difficult to get the new items to other non-hub clubs. This was announced in March. Whats the hold up?
My gut says getting all the required systems in place, dishwashers,etc., permits and other stuff takes times and the hub clubs were working on the process way before the announcement of the changes.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kmersh
My gut says getting all the required systems in place, dishwashers,etc., permits and other stuff takes times and the hub clubs were working on the process way before the announcement of the changes.
That makes sense, plus at ORD, all you likely need to do is slip the inspector $100 and you're good to go.

I would also hope that UA is learning and adjusting. Makes sense to see what works and doesn't in the hubs, which have the most layover traffic, and then apply what you learn to the other locations. It's not the typical UA method of implementation of "implement-ignore problems-apologize (maybe) and reinstate original two years later", but I can still hope they're doing it here.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Don't forget the testing period to make sure that UA adjusted the membership costs upward accordingly.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by SS255
Don't forget the testing period to make sure that UA adjusted the membership costs upward accordingly.
You jest, but this is something any well-run company would do. They owe it to shareholders to maximize profitability on this asset.

I just hope in their equations they're adequately capturing the disappointment many feel when confronted with outdated, overfull clubs, and that UA is increasing the clubs' refurbishment budget accordingly.

For better or worse, the best way to measure satisfaction may be the renewal rate.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Since UA keeps copying everything DL does, having craft beer free in the UC again would be nice:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ming-soon.html
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: UA
Was in CLE Club today. Agent said no new food options until September.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
No salami until September in CLE ! What will people do?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Since UA keeps copying everything DL does, having craft beer free in the UC again would be nice:
I find DELTA's change almost out of character for DELTA and I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, as DELTA is not about returning value to the customer.

I realize the SkyClub Bar Tender is not the most reliable source of information, but he told me that Sodexo was able to get a better deal on booze and that translated in improvements without incurring (much, if any) extra costs to DELTA.

Whether that is true or not I have no idea, but it could explain the improvements as if anything I would expect DELTA (or any of the USA based arilines) to find a way to cheapen the offerings even more rather than improve them.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sodexo was able to get a better deal on booze and that translated in improvements without incurring (much, if any) extra costs to DELTA.
That sounds right up Jeffy's alley!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
UA only half way copies the positive DL moves such as complimentary (cardboard box) wine and beer on international but no free liquor, you have to pay for that on UA but not DL. If you want a mid flight snack on UA you also have to pay for that.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I wish they had offered turkey rather than salami. Would have made for a healthier sandwich. Also only minestrone/veggie soup is the only soup option they offer. Olives? Fatty cold risotto salad or whatever that is?

Who did they put in charge to come up with these offerings. I'm starting to miss the gerbil tubes of chex mix. At least I knew UA was saying "we are only offering snacks, so here you go" rather then UA promoting upgraded lounges with "food options". Their food offerings don't cater to the majority. Hummus looks gross. So does bulk yogurt in the morning. The raspberries and blueberries are nice indeed. The bagels sticks or whatever are rock hard and cannot but cut in two and put into the oven anymore because they took that away.

Meh.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2015 at 3:03 pm Reason: unneeded language
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Was in CLE Club today. Agent said no new food options until September.
Showing no love for the former CO hub
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by enviroian
Their food offerings don't cater to the majority. Hummus looks gross. So does bulk yogurt in the morning.
I'd wager that UA focus grouped the hell out of the new spread, and presumably the vast majority of customers found it markedly superior. That's even the case among those in this thread, not exactly the easiest bunch to please.

It's no fun being the outlier, though, and so I sympathize. I'm certainly going to miss the mini-muffins once BOS finally gets the new breakfast items.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 3, 2015 at 3:05 pm Reason: updated edit to reflect Mod edit and removed respomse to deleted material

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.