Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Haven't seen the salami yet. In the UC across from B6 at ORD and no salami. I will say that the garden vegetable soup is surprisingly tasty, though. Would try some of the bread if there was any butter to be found...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Haven't seen the salami yet. In the UC across from B6 at ORD and no salami. I will say that the garden vegetable soup is surprisingly tasty, though. Would try some of the bread if there was any butter to be found...
Tried some for you today at Denver East. Bread was cold and kinda hard. Not quite stale tasting but...not much of anything. No butter here, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

Would love some warm bread and butter. But this was pretty bad.

Last edited by BThumme; Aug 30, 2015 at 5:48 pm
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by BThumme
Tried some for you today at Denver East. Bread was cold and kinda hard. Not quite stale tasting but...not much of anything. No butter here, but I haven't seen that anywhere.

Would love some warm bread and butter. But this was pretty bad.
I ended up grabbing one of the baguettes and dipping it in olive oil. The olive oil was the cheap stuff - you can tell when good olive oil is used - but the bread was okay, although if there was any way to keep it warm, that would be a plus.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Salami is like a 1x a day thing, and I don't even think its daily. It was out this past Friday, after the crowds had subsided around like 6:30pm.

If there is a schedule about when it gets put out, I have never seen it posted. Though you really aren't missing much, its pretty much the cheap deli salami you can get at any grocery store. Its nice having another protein out there but I certainly would not lose any sleep about not finding it.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by arctikjon
Salami is like a 1x a day thing, and I don't even think its daily. It was out this past Friday, after the crowds had subsided around like 6:30pm.

If there is a schedule about when it gets put out, I have never seen it posted. Though you really aren't missing much, its pretty much the cheap deli salami you can get at any grocery store. Its nice having another protein out there but I certainly would not lose any sleep about not finding it.
It's not so much about eating the salami, it has become a bit of a game to actually declare that you have seen the United salami, along with leprechauns and unicorns.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA GS
I have now seen the salami a few times but still have to see the hard boiled eggs at breakfast time. They are the real unicorn.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I have now seen the salami a few times but still have to see the hard boiled eggs at breakfast time. They are the real unicorn.
IME the percentage is high for the number of eggs that "walkout of the UC" in multiple quantities.
Fortunately I don't like HB eggs.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
I saw an odd small bowl of chopped green stuff, and apparently it is the chives to go with the (never seen) hard boiled eggs.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
I've never seen this mythical salami.

The hard boiled eggs on the other hand have been sighted and consumed
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by BlackBear05
BOS has the new food items, but no salami
Sweet. I will have to utilize my gate pass privileges (while Club members can still get them) to check out the spread.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA
The UC in CLE has the new food options!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
The UC in CLE has the new food options!
Yes, but does it have salami?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Yes, but does it have salami?
No. I asked and they said CLE opted not to have eggs, salami, brittle chips and skittles based on experience of other clubs. They do serve soup using real bowls and spoons, however, which is a plus.

Last edited by FreqFlyerCLE; Aug 31, 2015 at 4:56 pm
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
What bad experience has Skittles caused?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
No. I asked and they said CLE opted not to have eggs, salami, brittle chips and skittles based on experience of other clubs. They do serve soup using real bowls and spoons, however, which is a plus.
I didn't know clubs could pick and choose what they serve. I always figured United gives them a menu and that's the end of the conversation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.