Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
United Club Investments – New Complimentary Food Menu, and More (2015)

New food offerings observed at the CLE club today.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
At the DCA UC.... Renovation is complete but no new food serving. Nice fridge FILLED with Coca-Cola products!!
How does the renovated lounge look? Any chance some photos can be posted?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Departure delayed 3 hours at LAX. Still in United Club lounge. For those thinking the salami is a unicorn, we arrived at 4:30pm to see full plates of salami on both bars. At 5:30pm one of the bars had salami about 70% consumed and they gave it a mercy killing and replaced it with a new tray of salami. At the other bar, it is now 5:55pm and the same salami is still there. It too needs a mercy killing since, by the looks of it, it would give a starving hyena a case of dry heaves.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I think that the spread looks like something a 10 year old would throw together when they said they would "make you dinner". In fact, I might be unkind to 10 year olds as I am sure they could do better than that.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:31 am
Suspended

The club looks exactly the same. They just updated the table and shelves where the food selection is.... I'm not sure if they had a fridge before but it was fully stocked.... Still a great place to relax and watch the planes take off/land.... Sorry I didn't take pics
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by geo979
It too needs a mercy killing since, by the looks of it, it would give a starving hyena a case of dry heaves.
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I think that the spread looks like something a 10 year old would throw together when they said they would "make you dinner".
Are we just throwing out random slurs now, trying to show how negative we can be? (Of course we are; this is FT.)

It's not "dinner." It's simply a low-end version of, say, the spread you might see on the club level of a hotel. While a small segment may believe it's worse than the pre-packaged cheese and carrots that preceded it, the majority disagree with that assessment.

Not saying there isn't always room for improvement -- I for one would like to see some sweets besides Skittles and brownie dust -- but the endless hyperbole is unhelpful.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Are we just throwing out random slurs now, trying to show how negative we can be? (Of course we are; this is FT.)

It's not "dinner." It's simply a low-end version of, say, the spread you might see on the club level of a hotel. While a small segment may believe it's worse than the pre-packaged cheese and carrots that preceded it, the majority disagree with that assessment.

Not saying there isn't always room for improvement -- I for one would like to see some sweets besides Skittles and brownie dust -- but the endless hyperbole is unhelpful.
I know it's not dinner, re-read the post carefully and you will get the point.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:38 am

Trust me, the UC's less-than-prime cut of greasy salami left out at room temperature for over an hour and 30 minutes is not a pretty sight.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by geo979
Trust me, the UC's less-than-prime cut of greasy salami left out at room temperature for over an hour and 30 minutes is not a pretty sight.
If they would just offer this and say ham or turkey on deli trays sitting on a bed of ice that would be great. I would be able to make a proper sandwich.

Will UA ever offer anything else other than veggie soup?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian
If they would just offer this and say ham or turkey on deli trays sitting on a bed of ice that would be great. I would be able to make a proper sandwich.

I don't think the intent was ever to provide enough for a sandwich. It's supposed to be a few small bites while you're waiting for your flight.

There is a rumor that UA will bring back food for sale (like AA has) in the clubs. They had this a few years back...before I was a member so I was only in the clubs for certain international flights, and never purchased anything. I recall the pictures looking good though.

If this rumor is true, they would be sabotaging their own plan by offering a more robust free offering.

I haven't seen the mysterious salami yet, but my opinion is that overall the day time spread is a huge improvement. The breakfast spread isn't that impressive to me.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by enviroian

That is the soup d'décennie (decade) ... cme back in 2020.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
That is the soup d'décennie (decade)
LOL. Well played, Monsieur
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
^^

If you've read my posts you know I'm harder on UAL than most anyone.

But I will concede that the new offering is a huge improvement. It's not quite to the level of LH's Senator lounges, but it's pretty close. The couscous and soup are actually quite decent. And the fresh berries in the morning are also quite nice. I don't expect UAL or anyone else to provide a complete meal for a regular club.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
While I personally am not impressed with the new offerings (not crazy about hummus and I don't like anything with olives in it), at least this offers a better selection -- and UC visitors seem to be flutter around the buffet area.

And -- maybe when the temps drop below 100 degrees, I might be tempted to try the soup.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
Originally Posted by kevinsac
While I personally am not impressed with the new offerings (not crazy about hummus and I don't like anything with olives in it), at least this offers a better selection -- and UC visitors seem to be flutter around the buffet area.

And -- maybe when the temps drop below 100 degrees, I might be tempted to try the soup.
The soup at IAD the other day was awful. Veggies tasteless and mealy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.