Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by porciuscato
^^

If you've read my posts you know I'm harder on UAL than most anyone.

But I will concede that the new offering is a huge improvement. It's not quite to the level of LH's Senator lounges, but it's pretty close. The couscous and soup are actually quite decent. And the fresh berries in the morning are also quite nice. I don't expect UAL or anyone else to provide a complete meal for a regular club.
The fresh berries are about as prevalent as the salami, good luck finding any. Seems they bring it out once then never restock it.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Baze
The fresh berries are about as prevalent as the salami, good luck finding any. Seems they bring it out once then never restock it.
Aren't you SFO based? If your gates are at all close to the intl terminal, I would go there. They've had berries there every morning I've been there since they changed menus.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by porciuscato
Aren't you SFO based? If your gates are at all close to the intl terminal, I would go there. They've had berries there every morning I've been there since they changed menus.
I think the point is that the care and maintenance of the feeding stations is found wanting.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:01 pm

My few occasions to sample the new menu at the club, I have noticed that the employees who are responsible for the food do not feel a need to restock it quickly.

A good friend of mine flies UNITED a lot and he said when berries (or salami or what have you) are low or empty or absent he finds one of the cleaners (who are also responsible for the food) and asks them to bring out more as the container is very low or empty or missing entirely. He said that generally corrects the issue, I guess that it also does help that he is fluent in Spanish as in my experience some of the cleaners do not speak English well or at all.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmersh
My few occasions to sample the new menu at the club, I have noticed that the employees who are responsible for the food do not feel a need to restock it quickly.

A good friend of mine flies UNITED a lot and he said when berries (or salami or what have you) are low or empty or absent he finds one of the cleaners (who are also responsible for the food) and asks them to bring out more as the container is very low or empty or missing entirely. He said that generally corrects the issue, I guess that it also does help that he is fluent in Spanish as in my experience some of the cleaners do not speak English well or at all.
I have asked before and always get the response, we are out of XXX for the rest of the day.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:07 pm

FWIW, I've never had an issue with the berries, be it LAX, IAH or EWR; I actually quite enjoy the yogurt/berry/granola breakfast I've had there, but I've seen salami literally ONCE in the last several months. At the time, I think I grabbed more than my fair share and made a sandwich, thinking someone had screwed up and the bounty would cease. Apparently I was right!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by ShagU
FWIW, I've never had an issue with the berries, be it LAX, IAH or EWR; I actually quite enjoy the yogurt/berry/granola breakfast I've had there, but I've seen salami literally ONCE in the last several months. At the time, I think I grabbed more than my fair share and made a sandwich, thinking someone had screwed up and the bounty would cease. Apparently I was right!
Amazing. I have seen the salami on virtually every visit to IAH and LAX over the last few months. I tried it once the first time I saw it and will never have any of it again.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I am already to sick of the new menu - why on earth can they not rotate a monthly menu - change the soup monthly - something.

I just renewed my UA Chase card, and I honestly don't know why I did.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: UA1K
hard boiled eggs spotted at EWR club by C101...i consumed 2
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by haddon90
hard boiled eggs spotted at EWR club by C101...i consumed 2
Well.... it is a weekday.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The elusive berries are at the SFO cub by gate 76. Even have the eggs.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
How long is it going to take for the rest of the clubs to get the new food? Months? Same old at SAN yesterday.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
At LAS now, where the agent at the desk said the new menu arrives in two weeks.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No Salami at DEN East yesterday.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the elusive salami is out and being restocked at ORD F gates club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.