Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
ATL has a soup called 'Buttery Grilled Cheese Tomato'. It's basically the same thing as creamy tomato soup I have had before...wonder why the difference in nomenclature.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EWR764
I had this and the mini crudités at IAH last week. The one pictured has pesto on the bottom, two slices of fresh mozzarella, two cherry tomatoes and two slices of commercial-quality salami. A bit of a sodium bomb but nicely presented and a solid product. I reviewed it favorably.
I have low blood pressure, so I intend to enjoy this sodium bomb in a couple weeks while I ruminate on the loss of showers.

Is the pesto itself salty? I can imagine it would be, although it shouldn't need to be.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
ATL has a soup called 'Buttery Grilled Cheese Tomato'. It's basically the same thing as creamy tomato soup I have had before...wonder why the difference in nomenclature.
To give the illusion of menu variety where none exists.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
ORD B18 had really good mac and cheese last weekend and several different kind of cold cut options along with the salami.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
@ BOS UC - soup is the standard chowdah and the charcuterie tray is out as well as the self serve snacks.

One of the serving staff is bringing around a tray of shrimp and seafood appetizers.

David

Edit: Also just was offered a lobster roll.
Attached Images   

Last edited by DELee; Nov 7, 2017 at 4:15 pm
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
I have low blood pressure, so I intend to enjoy this sodium bomb in a couple weeks while I ruminate on the loss of showers.

Is the pesto itself salty? I can imagine it would be, although it shouldn't need to be.
It didn't seem overly salty when I tried it yesterday. The majority of that seemed to come from the meats (to be expected).

My quick opinion on the pilot at IAH C-North: two thumbs up. The cart of cheese and meats with the attendant reminded me of the guacamole cart in CLT at the AA club. I enjoyed the expanded variety of cheeses and crackers (actual Carr's crackers!). The single servings of mozzarella/pesto and the veggies/ranch were nicely presented as well.

While not to the level of a DL club, I really enjoyed the changes and look forward to these hopefully being permanent.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
At LAS this morning. Club has a served hash brown set-up. Hash brown (McDonald's-type patty) is topped with freshly sautéed bacon/onion/tomato. Then you can choose cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes, hot sauce. Not fancy, but not bad since I skipped breakfast.
Attached Images   

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Nov 8, 2017 at 9:40 am
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
And more of the usual dreck at EWR with an additional benefit being that the bottom dwellers there steal the Tabasco and Sriracha
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by manstein58
And more of the usual dreck at EWR with an additional benefit being that the bottom dwellers there steal the Tabasco and Sriracha
The whole bottles?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
The whole bottles?
Yes. Tabasco twice and Sriracha once. Went up to last Tabasco thief and told him I took a photo of his thievery. He got right up and left uncle Charlie's!
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Wait I have an Ambassador?, National Exe. Elite, AA Gold, UA Silver
Today at MCO:
Grilled cheese( plain american and I think provolone and salami) and marinara sauce.
That and your regular offering of soup and salad
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:38 pm

EWR had hardtack and coarse millet as snacks today
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by manstein58
EWR had hardtack and coarse millet as snacks today
Were there tots of rum, too?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
My biggest issue with UC is the "hit or miss" aspect of it. The clubs are not consistent even within the same airport. Will there be hot food? Will there be salami? What time does it come out? What time does it end? What happened to hard boiled eggs? Is there one soup or two? Did I arrive in time to try a nice sample at, say BOS, or am I too late or too early?

If United would ever copy anyone, I wish they would copy Delta and how they are able to keep food flowing and fairly consistent at all of their clubs.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
11/10/17:

EWR C70ish UC:
Some agent dude sitting at front inspecting BPs but then directing folks to get scanned at front desk - makes no sense.

Soups were Broccoli and Cheddar as well as the trusty standby of Tomato Basil.

BOS UC:
Chowdah as usual with charcuterie tray. Staff hands out individual small appetizers as I was offered earlier this week (shrimp/seafood and lobster roll - photos above). Recommend that you sit near front of club if you want to get offered since sometimes the server runs out before getting past the bar.

Also, collect your own snacks has now cups instead of bags. Same banana chips, swedish fish and some savory mix as before.

David
Attached Images   

Last edited by DELee; Nov 11, 2017 at 5:05 pm Reason: typo fix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.