Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Reminder

This thread is about UCs and their food offerings. Discussion of the American tipping culture is a topic for the OMNI forums. Let's return to discussing the UCs. The OT discussion has been removed.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
manstein58 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1k, HH Diamond
Chicken Florentine today at ORD B6 - not too bad
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:10 pm

A surprisingly good tomato basil in LAX on 11/11. The soup was at a hotter temp than the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Best soups of them all --- Clam Chowda (where else BOS)!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
A surprisingly good tomato basil in LAX on 11/11. The soup was at a hotter temp than the Star Alliance lounge at TBIT.
Is that what made it good?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
Is that what made it good?
Yes and the fact it was creamier than the TBIT lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
That actually looks good to me (trying to cut back on starch). Looks like a pesto, not marinara?
Sorry I didn't reply sooner - yes, the green sauce in the appetizer is pesto.

David
halls120 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
They also have it at the ORD club in the F gates, but yes, it seems limited to ORD at present.
Can anyone please confirm F club at ORD still has 'enhanced' breakfast options? My wife has a 4 hr layover tomorrow A.M., and I'm actually contemplating telling her to pay for the $59 pass - I just want to make sure I vector her to the best option.

thanks
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
Can anyone please confirm F club at ORD still has 'enhanced' breakfast options? My wife has a 4 hr layover tomorrow A.M., and I'm actually contemplating telling her to pay for the $59 pass - I just want to make sure I vector her to the best option.

thanks
Yes, ORD F club still has the enhanced food station - warming plates with skillets. I haven't been through ORD for breakfast for a while, so not sure what the current selection has been.

I was there a coupe weeks ago for dinner and they had sweet and sour chicken. Ran out of rice though, so just serving it on its own.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold

A few nice holiday additions in the UC at SFO yesterday. Turkey meatballs and pumpkin/pecan pies. Also really good potato salad which I haven't seen before either. Soup was also really tasty, didn't catch its name but it had mini meatballs and pasta pearls.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zeer0
. Soup was also really tasty, didn't catch its name but it had mini meatballs and pasta pearls.
Italian Wedding Soup ?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Indeed. Far better than any of the other soups I've had.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
At ATL UC today on top of the Turkey meatballs with gravy and pecan pie they also had a hot cocoa “bar” with the little stick chocolates that you melt in milk, and corn bread with honey butter. Though they seemed to have catering issues as they ran out of both and pecan pie.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Think the turkey meatballs is just for Thanksgiving period or is a new item to stay? Certainly sounds appetizing...
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I'd think seasonal as they had several placards indicating as such and wishing a happy thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.