Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by bocastephen
If you look at the Polaris roll out, my guess is it won't be implemented until a new CEO, product leadership team and board are implemented first.

At least Oscar is quiet, unlike Smisek who would say "see this hot food? We're going to take it away from you and it's change you'll really like"
There was a point where you could see things were starting to improve but there's been a lot of slippage recently. Both Clubs at EWR C are severely overcrowded because of construction and that yyou are better off at the OTG Ripoff Cafes. Was at the TAP Lounge at Lisbon last week and it was so civilized compared to the bedlam at EWR
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
How bad is the crowding at the clubs in C on Saturdays? I have a pass that I'd like to use, but I'd rather save it for another trip if the crowds are as bad on weekend evenings as they are during the weekdays.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by diburning
How bad is the crowding at the clubs in C on Saturdays? I have a pass that I'd like to use, but I'd rather save it for another trip if the crowds are as bad on weekend evenings as they are during the weekdays.
In September you are still going to see all the PAX for the European flights who are in J. With connecting PAX, it starts getting busy around 2-3 and crests at 5:30 or so. The one on Pier A is a bit less crowded but construction has sealed off about a third of the joint.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Ah, I'd be there around 4-5PM so I guess I'd probably wouldn't want to be there, if they even allow the pass holders in.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:02 pm

Earlier this week the club adjacent to C90 had a sign saying they were not accepting one time passes.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
IAD C7 had clam chowder today. Looked awesome when another 3 pax sat down with bowls, heaping with potatoes and clams.

I guess they all just did the "ladle and drain" method... All that was left in the warmer when I went for some was broth.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Wooglin

I guess they all just did the "ladle and drain" method... All that was left in the warmer when I went for some was broth.
D'oh!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Well, that would very disappointing. Are there newly remodeled clubs that did not get the kitchen equipment?
I'm not sure what kind of equipment was installed in the various locations, but LAX, EWR-A and IAH-C North have each opened since the ORD program rolled out and none have the same upgraded catering.

The other locations also lack the kiosk-based food service system in use at ORD, which I believe was to also be rolled out to larger clubs, but scrapped due to low popularity.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by EWR764
I'm not sure what kind of equipment was installed in the various locations, but LAX, EWR-A and IAH-C North have each opened since the ORD program rolled out and none have the same upgraded catering.

The other locations also lack the kiosk-based food service system in use at ORD, which I believe was to also be rolled out to larger clubs, but scrapped due to low popularity.
EWR-A has the cooking equipment installed in the back-of-house, at least according to the United Club staff. Maybe it was already ordered / installed prior to a decision to scrap the better food? Or maybe they are installing equipment during the remodels with the intention to launch better food system-wide at some point?

If IAH-C and LAX were completed in the new style, but did not receive the cooking equipment back-of-house, then it would tend to indicate a permanent decision, instead of a delayed implementation.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by EWR764
Low popularity with whom?

David
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by DELee
Low popularity with whom?

David
I don't think the uptake of the food kiosks has met expectations.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Any update on the IAH Terminal E club closure?

I thought the Polaris upgrade to the club was only supposed to involve closure/remodeling of the upper level. The club is completely closed as of now.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Tequila chicken soup currently being served in the IAD C7 soup is amazing. I'm going to have to stop eating it soon, or I won't be able to enjoy my business seat for my upcoming flight to Frankfurt.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by halls120
Tequila chicken soup currently being served in the IAD C7 soup is amazing. I'm going to have to stop eating it soon, or I won't be able to enjoy my business seat for my upcoming flight to Frankfurt.
Oh, yeah. They had this at the IAD-D8 club the other day. I had two bowls, but my spicy averse wife had to pass. Very tasty, with quite a bit of a bite.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
Chicken Tortilla soup? I’ve never heard of ‘Tequila Chicken Soup’ and if there is, I’m not sure having this self-serve at a regular food station would comply with license requirements in many jurisdictions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.