Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by nycityny
What is discouraging too is its location. Now those flying from gates in the "middle" section (Gates 101-115) are without a convenient club anywhere nearby. Newark is my home airport and we are now left with two remaining crowded clubs on opposite ends of Terminal C with nothing serving the center area.

I do like the small bottles of water in the pop-up. At least now I don't have to purchase over-priced bottled water from one of the shops as I now just grab a couple in the club for my flight (I know, it's against the rules but I don't care).
I agree, the two locations at the end of the outer piers makes them inconvenient. I can't imagine it during the international rush. There were a handful of flights departing around mine (CUN) at 1030am, most notably NRT, and the pop-up was pretty much full. I spent time at the other C club and that wasn't too crowded, but was a hike to walk from there to the pop-up.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Is "renovated" C74 club temporary?

The C74 club is now an odd mix of the old nasty wood paneling, grubby restrooms, etc, with the addition of new style UC marble counters, chairs, etc. Is this temporary? It looks like a hot mess. Actually, when I was there, it was more like the Port Authority at 5:30. Funny when you see the artsy fartsy PR images of the UC with barely anyone there . . . good luck finding that (although CLE is typically wide open since CO/UA de-hubbed it).
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Newark

I was at both Newark clubs yesterday (Saturday afternoon). The small pop-up is both crowded and has little in the way of food. Mostly packaged foods and bottled water. At least I was able to take a bottle of water with me.

The other "main" club was the most crowded I'd ever seen it. There was no comfortable place to sit. They've added bar-like tables to accommodate more people since the other club closed to convert to Polaris. In the meantime, this major US hub airport is very badly served in the way of club comforts. The new food location makes it look like an afterthought, with the standard salad, soups and cheese cubes looking more unappetizing than normal. And a few steps from the food "bar" you can look down at the airport's large food court where everything looks like it would be better than in the club, albeit not "free."

I left the main club almost immediately and felt more relaxed in the relative peace and calm of the airport gates themselves.

With Newark being my home airport I feel like my club membership should be at a reduced price while they build out the Polaris lounge. Of course that would never happen. Thank goodness most of my flights are to Los Angeles where the upgraded club is a very pleasant place to kill time. If they could just upgrade the food offerings there to match the investment in architecture...

Last edited by nycityny; Mar 18, 2018 at 8:39 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
It's been over a year since I've seen my favorite flavor of Numi tea in the United Clubs. It was a Jasmine-Green tea blend, and it used to be standard issue in all the clubs.

Is it gone for good? Enhanced to pay for some of the renovations? Or might it reappear someday - like the Great Pumpkin?
Originally Posted by fumje
I am certain it has been less than a year since I've enjoyed Jasmine Green, but I am also certain it has been more than two months in any UC I've attended (EWR, ORD, IAH, LAX, and by happenstance, SFO). That said the inventory is a bit inconsistent, and I didn't think anything of it until your comment.
Found the jasmine tea! It's in the former IFL at SFO, next to the coffee machine with the fun font.

Did not notice it in the clubs, so you might be right on that aspect.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
LAX - 03/21

Usually, I don't get see what the LAX club's offerings are during the daytime since my departure times tend to be tres early.

Anyway, here's what the caprese cups look like as well as the "Texas Caviar Salad" - just for completeness from one of my previous posts:

Oh, and they've continued to have two soups as well. Their offerings this week were the Chicken Tequila and Veg Chili - 'tho the Chicken Tequila wasn't as special as I remember it from the IAD club.

David
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
It's been a few months since I was around DCA for breakfast, but this morning the club had bagels that were at least 75% of regulation size instead of the usual miniaturized specimens, two kinds of savory mini-muffins (I had one with spinach and red pepper) and blueberry turnovers. That's a better selection all around than what I saw at IAD C17 earlier this month.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I'm flying out of LAS Terminal 3 with AC. Do you suggest I visit The Club at LAS (near gate E2) or the United Club (near gates D33/D35)?
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by 1flyer
I'm flying out of LAS Terminal 3 with AC. Do you suggest I visit The Club at LAS (near gate E2) or the United Club (near gates D33/D35)?
They are both good for what they are.

The Club will be quieter overall. Beverages take a little longer to get. Snacks are more salty.
United Club will have better bar service and broader food selections but be busier.
8MiHi and 1flyer like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by nycityny
I was at both Newark clubs yesterday (Saturday afternoon). The small pop-up is both crowded and has little in the way of food. Mostly packaged foods and bottled water. At least I was able to take a bottle of water with me.

The other "main" club was the most crowded I'd ever seen it. There was no comfortable place to sit. They've added bar-like tables to accommodate more people since the other club closed to convert to Polaris. In the meantime, this major US hub airport is very badly served in the way of club comforts. The new food location makes it look like an afterthought, with the standard salad, soups and cheese cubes looking more unappetizing than normal. And a few steps from the food "bar" you can look down at the airport's large food court where everything looks like it would be better than in the club, albeit not "free."

I left the main club almost immediately and felt more relaxed in the relative peace and calm of the airport gates themselves.

With Newark being my home airport I feel like my club membership should be at a reduced price while they build out the Polaris lounge. Of course that would never happen. Thank goodness most of my flights are to Los Angeles where the upgraded club is a very pleasant place to kill time. If they could just upgrade the food offerings there to match the investment in architecture...
This is what happened to us at ORD. And just wait till they get done with it all and there's still not enough space and 2nd rate clubs. UA hasn't done anything meaningful to make up for the poor availability, performance and overcrowding as a result of the buildout of Polaris. Hope they got the right site Polaris lounge at EWR.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1flyer
If by any chance you have an AMEX platinum card id opt for the centurion lounge
SFO 1K, kirkwoodj, 8MiHi and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Found the jasmine tea! It's in the former IFL at SFO, next to the coffee machine with the fun font.

Did not notice it in the clubs, so you might be right on that aspect.
update: seems to be in the regular SFO clubs too, but so far I can't find any other club with it.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best UC for food: My nomination is DFW (photos from 04/06/18)

David
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Not been to LHR then?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
update: seems to be in the regular SFO clubs too, but so far I can't find any other club with it.
That is good news! I'll be in SFO later this month, and will make a visit to the UC to hunt for it. I usually head straight to the Centurion Lounge these days, but this tea is worth a detour.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Best UC for food: My nomination is DFW (photos from 04/06/18)

David
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Not been to LHR then?
Sorry - forgot. How about "Best US Domestic UC". Or at least the ones I've been to.

No disagreement about LHR.

David
Flying Machine and Silver Fox like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.