Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Saw no hot chocolate stations at IAH C South or DFW UCs. Bah humbug.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bmr12
I was going to say:
  • ​​​​​Competitive offerings at competitive hubs: LAX, ORD
  • Mediocre offerings: SFO, DEN, IAH
You're being exceptionally generous calling the SFO offerings "mediocre."
Originally Posted by cmhua777
I have a suspicion that it has more to do with there not being a Polaris lounge there. So it’s slightly better than a regular United Club, since it has to accommodate Polaris passengers. Once the Polaris lounge opens, the UC will deteriorate.
They did not do that at SFO or EWR before the Polaris lounges opened. So it goes back to competitive pressures.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
It probably has something to do with LAX being the most competitive market of all the major US airports.
Ah yes, perhaps that is a more significant factor.

Does anyone know who caters the NZ *A lounge? I guess if they have the same caterer they might have rather similar food.

Originally Posted by bmr12
I was going to say:
  • ​​​​​Competitive offerings at competitive hubs: LAX, ORD
  • Mediocre offerings: SFO, DEN, IAH
I think ORD should go to the Mediocre category and all of the other UC's should go to a new category, called 'Subsistence diet offerings'.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
I think ORD should go to the Mediocre category and all of the other UC's should go to a new category, called 'Subsistence diet offerings'.
"Will keep you alive for some period of time, but not recommended."
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
"Will keep you alive for some period of time, but not recommended."
...or "If you're flying in coach you're better off finding someplace else to eat before departure."

(May we suggest the Delta Sky Club?)
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by nycityny
...or "If you're flying in coach you're better off finding someplace else to eat before departure."

(May we suggest the Delta Sky Club?)
Uh, no - not after January 1, 2019 if you're flying UA: Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

David
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

12/04/18: More LAX UC shots @ 5 AM...

David
Old Dec 17, 2018, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hot chocolate bar @ BOS (12/10/18):

Hot chocolate bar + self-serve Coke products dispensing machine @ C74 EWR (12/14/18):

David
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:00 am

I just did 2 TATLs - one on UA, one on DL, and the difference between the LH lounges at FRA, the UC at IAD, and the Sky Club at ATL couldn't be more stark. If the SC in the ATL E terminal hadn't been so overcrowded, I would have given it almost the same ranking as the LH lounge in the Z terminal - substantial food, unlike the pitiful offerings in the UC.

I get it that UA is putting it's emphasis on Polaris, but they really ought to throw the UCs a few more crumbs.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by halls120
I just did 2 TATLs - one on UA, one on DL, and the difference between the LH lounges at FRA, the UC at IAD, and the Sky Club at ATL couldn't be more stark. If the SC in the ATL E terminal hadn't been so overcrowded, I would have given it almost the same ranking as the LH lounge in the Z terminal - substantial food, unlike the pitiful offerings in the UC.

I get it that UA is putting it's emphasis on Polaris, but they really ought to throw the UCs a few more crumbs.
Agree given UC is also a paid membership for a % of customers
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:25 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
When I transited IAH last week, they had self-service egg nog in the UC. If the bartender hadn't been swamped at the time I would have asked for some dark rum, but still, as virgin egg nog, it was pretty good.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:08 pm

EWR needs to make Tomato Basil soup standard as one of its two daily soups. It is acceptable to vegetarians and vegans and easily digestible for people who have problems with that. A lot of people don’t eat beans, lentils, cheese, meats, or broccoli for various reasons but Tomato is a safe bet for most. Since EWR does not offer an entree and soup is the most substantial thing they’ve got, one of the soups needs to be something almost everybody can eat.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by jfk747
Lax currently has the best food spreads in the system imo . Way better than even delta !
+1 So after ripping on UC fka RCCs for many years now I have to say that I was very pleased with the food choices at LAX last weekend. Quinoa salad - check. Green salad- check. Do it yourself miso soup - check. Cookies and brownies - check. Variety of fruit - check. M&Ms - check. Missed the swiss and cheddar cheese but hopefully those will be back. The major minus was lazy staff who did not want to take the time to change the cartridges in the self-serve coke machine. But otherwise I was happy to grab what amounts to a meal during an extended connection. I despise transiting LAX (particularly if I have to clear customs) but this makes it much more tolerable.

As for comment above, many of us who have a tough time with dairy don't want creamy soups - I much prefer the broth soups - i.e. chicken, miso, even vegetable.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Update on LAX UC breakfast: Only limited fare before 7am (bread, egg salad bar, yogurt bar). The egg, sausage, and oatmeal come out at 7am.

Last edited by PTahCha; Jan 10, 2019 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Update on LAX UC breakfast: Only limited fare before 7pm (bread, egg salad bar, yogurt bar). The egg, sausage, and oatmeal come out at 7pm.
Would that 7pm be Mauritius time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.