Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
It's been over a year since I've seen my favorite flavor of Numi tea in the United Clubs. It was a Jasmine-Green tea blend, and it used to be standard issue in all the clubs.

Is it gone for good? Enhanced to pay for some of the renovations? Or might it reappear someday - like the Great Pumpkin?
I am certain it has been less than a year since I've enjoyed Jasmine Green, but I am also certain it has been more than two months in any UC I've attended (EWR, ORD, IAH, LAX, and by happenstance, SFO). That said the inventory is a bit inconsistent, and I didn't think anything of it until your comment.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bye-Bye United Club Credit Card. I have had the card since about the time it came out. I'm 1K and usually travel in business for international travel. I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve. When I look over the past year and the inconsistent offerings(wow - look at the new food offering -in select locations), the construction for the vaporware Polaris Lounges and the over crowding everywhere, I believe that $450 can be better used in other ways. I know there will be posts about how much better it will eventually be but that's like telling a college freshman how fabulous the college will be in only five years. I don't trust United to deliver since they have proven they can't. I live in Denver and have status for 2018 but it will likely be the last 1K year and as a MM flyer, I'll fall to gold eventually. Also, as a single person, I would prefer a specified number of guest passes rather than unlimited for spouse & children. Actually, I would prefer children in limited areas of clubs where possible but that isn't going to happen, either.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
02/02/18: BOS UC

mini-cannoli offered (@ ~ 5 PM Eastern):

David
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
What happened to the hard boiled eggs? Rarely see them any more and breakfast without any protein of any kind is a bit silly. Can't be that hard to do as Delta does that at even their smaller clubs.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
... breakfast without any protein of any kind is a bit silly...
yoghurt
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Alaska Gold
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
Bye-Bye United Club Credit Card. I have had the card since about the time it came out. I'm 1K and usually travel in business for international travel. I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve. When I look over the past year and the inconsistent offerings(wow - look at the new food offering -in select locations), the construction for the vaporware Polaris Lounges and the over crowding everywhere, I believe that $450 can be better used in other ways. I know there will be posts about how much better it will eventually be but that's like telling a college freshman how fabulous the college will be in only five years. I don't trust United to deliver since they have proven they can't. I live in Denver and have status for 2018 but it will likely be the last 1K year and as a MM flyer, I'll fall to gold eventually. Also, as a single person, I would prefer a specified number of guest passes rather than unlimited for spouse & children. Actually, I would prefer children in limited areas of clubs where possible but that isn't going to happen, either.
Cancelled yesterday as well. You summed up all the reasons nicely! Thinking about the amex platinum.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
yoghurt
Sorry, you are right. Should have clarified : non-dairy protein.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
Sorry, you are right. Should have clarified : non-dairy protein.
+1 - breakfast is by far the worst offering at any of the clubs (except for ORD when they have an egg based hot dish).

For those of us who don't do dairy your choices for breakfast are essentially sugar or sugar.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
+1 - breakfast is by far the worst offering at any of the clubs (except for ORD when they have an egg based hot dish).

For those of us who don't do dairy your choices for breakfast are essentially sugar or sugar.
LHR is just fine.
FlyfromDenver likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DELee
02/02/18: BOS UC

mini-cannoli offered (@ ~ 5 PM Eastern):

David
I shall make a note never to go in there at about that time!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
I agree on most points especially the vaporware on Polaris lounges. But with @ 99% of my flights on UA or *A I will continue to renew and us the club card.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
LHR is just fine.
You are right, I should have left LHR out. If only I could enjoy that spread every week instead of a few times a year
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Nice hot dog offering at C-North IAH for the super bowl today. Wish I had grabbed a picture before they took away.

Last edited by chermorg; Feb 4, 2018 at 7:51 pm Reason: there is no w in before
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chermorg
Nice hot dog offering at C-North IAH for the super bowl today. Wish I had grabbed a picture before they took away.
Probably quickly, before anyone had a chance to eat too many.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Probably quickly, before anyone had a chance to eat too many.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​It was actually out until 9pm local time, and had been there since I got to the club around 6:30 local. I had a couple and they kept it stocked with a good quantity so there was never less than 10 rotating on the hot dog roller thing (whatever that's called).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.