FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:36 pm
uber1K_Flyer

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by nycityny
I was at both Newark clubs yesterday (Saturday afternoon). The small pop-up is both crowded and has little in the way of food. Mostly packaged foods and bottled water. At least I was able to take a bottle of water with me.

The other "main" club was the most crowded I'd ever seen it. There was no comfortable place to sit. They've added bar-like tables to accommodate more people since the other club closed to convert to Polaris. In the meantime, this major US hub airport is very badly served in the way of club comforts. The new food location makes it look like an afterthought, with the standard salad, soups and cheese cubes looking more unappetizing than normal. And a few steps from the food "bar" you can look down at the airport's large food court where everything looks like it would be better than in the club, albeit not "free."

I left the main club almost immediately and felt more relaxed in the relative peace and calm of the airport gates themselves.

With Newark being my home airport I feel like my club membership should be at a reduced price while they build out the Polaris lounge. Of course that would never happen. Thank goodness most of my flights are to Los Angeles where the upgraded club is a very pleasant place to kill time. If they could just upgrade the food offerings there to match the investment in architecture...
This is what happened to us at ORD. And just wait till they get done with it all and there's still not enough space and 2nd rate clubs. UA hasn't done anything meaningful to make up for the poor availability, performance and overcrowding as a result of the buildout of Polaris. Hope they got the right site Polaris lounge at EWR.