Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Was that as tasty as it looks? Actually looks presentable!
Yes! I was impressed for a cold meal. Salad was fresh, breaded chicken added a bit more texture and flavor, and dressing was balsamic vinaigrette.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Yes! I was impressed for a cold meal. Salad was fresh, breaded chicken added a bit more texture and flavor, and dressing was balsamic vinaigrette.
I have noticed that the quality of greens in the salads--such as nice fresh arugula--has improved substantially lately, after years of freeze-burned iceberg lettuce.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:50 pm

Anyone have any recent experience on the SFO/LAX -> IAD redeyes? The Oct 15 press release suggests these might get sandwiches, but UA's website still says snack basket only...
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
ORD-LGA
UA794

Airbus A320

Choice of: Tandoori Chicken with Rice or Seafood Cioppino (below)
The seafood dish looks good! They used to serve this on Int'l flights. And what the heck are they doing flying ORD-DFW on a CR7? Totally uncompetitive.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
I'd take that all day long... The greens look good, the chicken looks fresh and breaded well (not some frozen junk) .... Even the roasted pepper looks tasty in the salad.

When I say "gee, I wish that were on mainline flights!" I know the tide has turned...... good stuff!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ORD-LGA
UA794

Airbus A320

Can't remember on what flight but I've had that salad. Pretty good.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 6:21 pm

I had that cioppino a few weeks ago IAD-IAH and agree it was actually very tasty.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:30 am

In first I'll take a 1x2 RJ over mainline with the RJ food now upgraded.

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
Quote:

ORD-LGA
UA794
Airbus A320

The seafood dish looks good! They used to serve this on Int'l flights. And what the heck are they doing flying ORD-DFW on a CR7? Totally uncompetitive.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
In first I'll take a 1x2 RJ over mainline with the RJ food now upgraded.
Still dependent on route and aircraft type for me.

CR7 with no front restroom isn't great on longer flights, say more then 1.5 to 2 hours. Also bugs me they have no place to hang coats.

Agree that the catering for the flights is not the chasm that it once was. I was always of the opinion that meals didn't necessarily need to be "hot" in order to be good.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
The seafood dish looks good! They used to serve this on Int'l flights.
Had this meal last week on ATLEWR. The cioppino really is good, and the FA's attempts to pronounce it were adorable, despite several pax saying it correctly for her. Eventually it became "Italian seafood stew", which hits the mark.

I was actually most impressed by the salad. Arugula, wheat berries, golden raisins and walnuts, with a lemon and champagne vinaigrette. Really good... I could have made a meal out of that alone! ^
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlegreenmen
Anyone have any recent experience on the SFO/LAX -> IAD redeyes? The Oct 15 press release suggests these might get sandwiches, but UA's website still says snack basket only...
Good Q: Actually was wondering about this as well for the p.s. redeyes!
Is there a distinction p.s. vs. non-p.s. transcons re snacks?
Are the differences based on origin LAX vs SFO?
Earlier this year there were reports of cheeseburgers, not sure if they're still around?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
DEN-IAH Meal outside of 'meal time'?

I booked IAD-DEN-IAH-DCA in February, in first, about a week ago. DEN-IAH departs at 3:13PM and has a 2h22m block time on a 787-8. When I booked the meal showed as 'refreshment', but when I looked at my reservation tonight it's now showing 'Lunch'. According to the Mainline United Onboard Meal Service chart, this is only supposed to be a 'Refreshments' flight. I don't see any 'exceptions' listed for this departure time and flight duration. Is this some type of glitch or should I trust UA.com?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA 707 DEN-LAS
Time/Duration: 8:15 a.m./1:58
Aircraft/Seat: 737-900/2B
Meal: Refreshments

Coffee and a toffee scone; the scone was delicious. After one round of drinks the crew disappeared.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
I booked IAD-DEN-IAH-DCA in February, in first, about a week ago. DEN-IAH departs at 3:13PM and has a 2h22m block time on a 787-8. When I booked the meal showed as 'refreshment', but when I looked at my reservation tonight it's now showing 'Lunch'. According to the Mainline United Onboard Meal Service chart, this is only supposed to be a 'Refreshments' flight. I don't see any 'exceptions' listed for this departure time and flight duration. Is this some type of glitch or should I trust UA.com?
DEN-IAH is an exception flight, most likely a lunch
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Avis First, Hertz PC
Has United returned the late-night snack to red-eyes?

I've been on SFO-IAD and SEA-IAD red-eyes lately and had a warm light meal served. On one flight it was a warm chicken sandwich and salad, don't recall the other.

Is this a systemwide change, or only select routes at select times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.