Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
12/29, dinner
ORD-LAX

Delayed about 5.5 hours due to the weather in Chicago that day, so even after a cup of chicken chili and some cheese cubes in the lounge, I was pretty hungry.

Open bar PDBs
I heard the choices were lobster mac and tandoori chicken, but when the FA asked me it was only chicken left. [If boarding was any indication, there was one GS group, and she did go somewhere behind me (in row 2) to take an order before starting front-to-back. Whatever--I would have had the chicken anyway.] It was very good, as was the paneer with it.
Mint ice cream sundae for dessert.

Old Jan 5, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Nothing says Asian inspired meal like a pretzel roll!
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zombietooth
At least the bread is nicely symmetrical.
Exactly same impression for the turkey breakfast sandwich up-thread.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Nothing says Asian inspired meal like a pretzel roll!
Pretzel rolls are like Ambassadors-At-Large...they know no continent
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Double-yuck on a recent IAH-IAD flight:
  • Chicken curry katsu. I've had this before, and it's soggy and bland and greasy. FA on a prior flight recommended against it and advised pax to complain to UA even when taking meal orders--and she was right. It's nasty.
  • Chicken sausage, chicken, and shrimp paella. Also yuck; rice had an off flavor, with way too much black olive to it, and the meats were just tossed on top of the rice. At least that let my wife remove them (she eats seafood but is otherwise vegetarian, so the chicken is a no-no).

Cookies were way under-cooked and doughy, and needed to be eaten with a fork.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
UX food needs serious improvement both in terms of portion size and flavor. I do not recommend the "chicken wrap" as described by the FA on MSP-SFO earlier this week. Dry chicken and tortilla, with overwhelming bleu cheese. It was the most disgusting wrap I've ever had in my life.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And neither is particularly spicy, especially the jambalaya by Big Easy's standards.
Spicy is a personal preference, but I wish airlines would stop serving two simlar type dish's on flights.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:32 am

Domestic 3-cabin biz meal selection

wasn't there an announcement last year that 3-cabin domestic business class was getting a selection of entrees - I've been searching through threads but haven't found it yet. I was surprised on last night's HNL-ORD to have no choices offered. That said, the chicken they offered was quite good, as was the strawberry feta salad. Breakfast was fruit, brioche and bread (a bit redundant).
Old Jan 13, 2016, 1:20 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
With http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nessfirst.html open, time to close this thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.