Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
That looks pathetic.
And look at the background with the mess in the seat pocket!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by TomMM
And look at the background with the mess in the seat pocket!
Hey! Was my already read newspapers!

On the way back, 3:10 scheduled flight duration, breakfast flight on a 737-800, only ONE CHOICE, and it was cereal. I was shocked. Blasted on flight survey received today. I'm pissed off.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66
This may have already been answered. Is the moscow mule free while flying in domestic F? The amenities text in the app just says that alcoholic drinks while flying in F are complimentary.

The reason I ask is I ordered one last night on IAH-BOS and the FA told me that she would probably have to charge me $12.99, but she would check with the crew in the back. She said that if the crew is "cool" they won't charge, but that they are supposed to. According to her they only stock 2 of them on each flight. She ultimately gave it to me but made kinda a big deal about it and embarrassed me a little bit.

I'm just looking for some text somewhere that either includes or excludes this drink from the complimentary offerings, so that I can show the FA in future situations. The only thing that would indicate it is included is the fact that the drink chits only exclude premium wines.
I think technically they are supposed to charge all Passengers for it (both Economy and First Class) but it depends on the crew.

My buddy who is a frequent passenger on UNITED said that the 5x he has ordered one, three times he had to pay for it and twice it was complimentary.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:01 am

New red-eye snack sometime last December (now that I've returned back to civilization)

Chicken sandwich + quinoa salad
Food was at least passable, with the chicken not being overly dry-not sure how you can call a bunch of grains a "salad"
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by steveman518
New red-eye snack sometime last December (now that I've returned back to civilization)

Chicken sandwich + quinoa salad
Food was at least passable, with the chicken not being overly dry-not sure how you can call a bunch of grains a "salad"
That's definitely not quinoa. Looks like "wheatberries" to me.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Yup those are wheatberries and perhaps some other grain(rice).
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Yup those are wheatberries and perhaps some other grain(rice).
haha you guys tell that to UA-that's what they told me (and truth be told I don't eat salads...)
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by steveman518
haha you guys tell that to UA-that's what they told me (and truth be told I don't eat salads...)
It looks an awful lot like the sandwich and side that was being served as dinner on UX this summer. Was the sandwich served cold?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by findark
It looks an awful lot like the sandwich and side that was being served as dinner on UX this summer. Was the sandwich served cold?
It was a hot sandwich, so not completely UX
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by demkr
"breakfast turkey sandwich?" Geez.
At least the bread is nicely symmetrical.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
12/22/2015
DEN-PHL
8 PM departure - Dinner

Choices were lentil chili or chicken jambalaya, accompanied by salad.

First of all, I was surprised that this was a meal flight, but it appears to have just made the cut-off. However, I was disappointed with the choices as I don't care for spicy dishes and they were the only ones to be had. I went with the jambalaya, which was served with white rice. After tasting two small pieces, I gave up as it had a weird metallic taste that was offensive.

Dessert was a cookie. Just wish UA could be a little more creative with the desserts than cookies or ice cream.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 1kBill
12/22/2015
DEN-PHL
8 PM departure - Dinner

First of all, I was surprised that this was a meal flight, but it appears to have just made the cut-off. However, I was disappointed with the choices as I don't care for spicy dishes and they were the only ones to be had. I went with the jambalaya, which was served with white rice. After tasting two small pieces, I gave up as it had a weird metallic taste that was offensive.

Dessert was a cookie. Just wish UA could be a little more creative with the desserts than cookies or ice cream.
Lentil chili isn't really spicy at all in my experience on. It's one of, if not AA's best meal(s) on offer. Interesting to see it on UA though. I wonder if it's the same?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 1kBill
12/22/2015
DEN-PHL
8 PM departure - Dinner

The lentil chili is less spicy than the jambalaya, for future reference.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by transportprof
The lentil chili is less spicy than the jambalaya, for future reference.
And neither is particularly spicy, especially the jambalaya by Big Easy's standards.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
12/22, lunch
LAX-ORD

Warm nut pieces to start
Choice of spinach mushroom ravioli or chicken katsu. I had the latter. Chicken was quite good, rice was pretty horrible. An Asian-inspired salad, with cabbage, edamame, and a lot of green onions. Skipped the ice cream. Overall, not bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.