Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by findark
No dessert? That's pretty disappointing service.
I wonder what others think about the cookie....would it be better served as the arrival snack or as the dessert right after the meal?

I personally prefer the cookie right after the meal so I can go to sleep or other things.

Also, on evening flights, I prefer to have sweets sooner rather than later so I can get the sugar absorbed before bed time...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by username
I wonder what others think about the cookie....would it be better served as the arrival snack or as the dessert right after the meal?
I'm a little confused - that flight usually has a dessert served with dinner (ice cream/sundae/sorbet) as well as the cookie on arrival. As normally catered and served, I like it. The last ice cream I had on BOS-SFO was actually quite delicious!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by physioprof
That fat-free lemon vinaigrette is a disgrace. All it is is high-fructose corn syrup and citric acid.
It's a shame because the salad it's usually served with is one of UA's better ones. The dressing is pretty bad for those reasons, so I'll usually use about 10-20% of the container just for a bit of the citrus flavor. Pouring the whole thing on the (as I see plenty of pax do) is cringe-worthy.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I had this exact same meal on UA 300 from SFO to HNL in Business class on the 747 along with vanilla gelatto.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
United 2012
ORD-IAH
12/27/2015
First Class
Dinner

No choice of entree by the time orders were taken for my row. All that was left was the choppino, which was fine by me as that is what I would had chosen anyways.

A G&T and lukewarm broken cashews to start.

I have to admit this is best non-transcon domestic premium cabin meal I had in a few years. The broth was light, flavorful, and not at all salty. There were 4 good sized clams, quite a few scallops (albeit on the small side), and a good sized chunk of fish, all of which tasted fairly fresh. The green beans were a bit a rubbery, but edible. Wish I had a little more bread to dunk into the broth, but that's my only complaint with meal overall.

The salad was fresh, and consisted of a lot arugula, pine nuts, and two sundried tomatoes. The lemon vinaigrette was a nice departure from balsamic vinaigrette, though it was a little tart for my tastes.

Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-LAS on 12/24, lunch. choice of warm turkey pastrami sandwich or Asian slaw salad with mystery meat (looked like chicken to me--neighbor had it--but flight attendant said he couldn't tell before unwrapping). I went with the sandwich. Before lunch was served I caught the distinct odor of baking cookies and sure enough, the cookie was plated with the lunch. Crew presumably either misinformed or lazy. Side salad (spinach, mushroom, green and yellow zucchini, red pepper) was quite tasty, as was the cookie, albeit not as hot by the time I got to it as if it had been served separately post-meal.

Return LAS-IAH on 12/26 (int'l 752) was choice of warm chicken arugula sandwich (pictured above) or some other salad. Went with sandwich again. Good. Cookie properly served post-main meal.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Bizarre offering on flight this morning, choice of "breakfast turkey sandwich" or cereal. Thought I'd try this sandwich. Had turkey, jam(?), and some spread (peppercorn?). Only got 2 bites. Was on EMB-175 in F.

Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
That looks pathetic.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:06 am

Yeah that does look bad, sometimes I wonder if the people who makes these decisions think or just say hmm that sounds alright and the best part it does not cost a lot of money.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Premier Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Honestly, that actually doesn't look all that different from the breakfast-on-an-RJ offerings I've seen from some other western *A carriers/partners recently (thinking specifically of LH,9W,SN).
Old Dec 30, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
"breakfast turkey sandwich?" Geez.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
It's the dishes. Seriously if it wasn't the most generic POS it would look 15-20% more appealing.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by EWR764
It's a shame because the salad it's usually served with is one of UA's better ones. The dressing is pretty bad for those reasons, so I'll usually use about 10-20% of the container just for a bit of the citrus flavor. Pouring the whole thing on the (as I see plenty of pax do) is cringe-worthy.
Agreed the salads themselves have been pretty good. I just eat them dry, though.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
This may have already been answered. Is the moscow mule free while flying in domestic F? The amenities text in the app just says that alcoholic drinks while flying in F are complimentary.

The reason I ask is I ordered one last night on IAH-BOS and the FA told me that she would probably have to charge me $12.99, but she would check with the crew in the back. She said that if the crew is "cool" they won't charge, but that they are supposed to. According to her they only stock 2 of them on each flight. She ultimately gave it to me but made kinda a big deal about it and embarrassed me a little bit.

I'm just looking for some text somewhere that either includes or excludes this drink from the complimentary offerings, so that I can show the FA in future situations. The only thing that would indicate it is included is the fact that the drink chits only exclude premium wines.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
That looks pathetic.
Horrible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.