Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:54 pm

Correct. We originally had 8 D,E,F for that exact reason, bulkhead, a lot leg room. This AM I saw they switched the plane layout and so row 8 D,E,F is no longer bulkhead and I was investigating if row 22 made sense because I read, I think ??, that it had as much leg room between rows as EC seats and maybe was a better choice and I would just request a refund for my EC purchase. I so far decided to go with row 7 D, E, F which is bulkhead EC for this layout plane but was curious if anyone had perspective to offer on row 22 with this layout and how it compares to EC?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If Row 22 had the legspace for E+, UA would be selling it as E+. I would go by UA's determination.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:25 pm

TPG Article: 757-200 slimline, row 22 vs EC?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...irst-look/amp/

Realize UA doesn’t market row 22 as EC, but this article led me to believe it might be almost if not the same as EC, hence was trying to solicit perspective from community or anyone that could shed light on if I’m totally off base. Why pay $300 for EC, if 22 is almost/just as good?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Originally Posted by Gilbum
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...irst-look/amp/

Realize UA doesn’t market row 22 as EC, but this article led me to believe it might be almost if not the same as EC, hence was trying to solicit perspective from community or anyone that could shed light on if I’m totally off base. Why pay $300 for EC, if 22 is almost/just as good?
See, I'm not entirely certain if there is an update to the J class AVOD system at all. It looks the same as before. In Y, yes that's definitely a new system with new seats.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
How are the 752s which fly MIA-EWR?

Hi guys
how are the 752s that fly MIA-EWR?
Are there individual screens? Wifi?
I fly in Y.
Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LY777
... Are there individual screens? ...
Yes (free) and additional free wifi entertainment use your personal device

Originally Posted by LY777
... Wifi?
Yes
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
I feel like we definitely are missing this, on the 752s, which Economy plus rows don't have a missing window, I know rows 7-9 do, but I'm iffy about 10+
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The missing windows are roughly in Rows 10 and 11: https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-757-gallery
Old Dec 20, 2021, 3:57 pm

For sleeping comfort purposes for a 6 feet even guy, Row 1 window or 2,3,4 window seats are more comfortable? Aisle seat will remain empty.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I have slept well in many seats in this cabin. In general, Row 1 is slightly shorter but the footwell is significantly less constrained. I am also 6' but I don't go perfectly straight when sleeping.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:04 pm

At the moment, the retrofitted cabin is installed on seven 757-200s. United has confirmed that the retrofits will be complete by the end of 2021.
I am pretty sure thepointsguy end of 2021 prediction is not true, since based on the excel sheet only 12 have been retrofitted.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:37 pm

Bassinet in 1A/B

I'm flying this aircraft on a red eye from Lih-Den in May with my husband, toddler, and 10 month old lap infant. Is anyone aware if this route typically has a bassinet available at 1A/B? My research shows that some routes might have this at these seats only in first. We currently have seats 2E/F and 3F booked and I'm debating on whether I should change my seat to 1A on the off chance there's actually a bassinet I can let my lap infant sleep in. But the potential light and noise has me wondering if it's better to just share 3F with the baby. Really just wanting the best chance for us both getting some semblance of sleep. Thoughts?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:30 pm

Welcome to FT!, Tamara Leavell Allen

Originally Posted by Tamara Leavell Allen
I'm flying this aircraft on a red eye from Lih-Den in May with my husband, toddler, and 10 month old lap infant. Is anyone aware if this route typically has a bassinet available at 1A/B? ....
All the presently operating 752s have bassinets for 1AB and the first DEF row in economy.

Also see wiki
of
[Consolidated] Bassinets on UA flights - access / experiences / questions
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Are there crew blocked seats up front?
Old Feb 5, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seats 4AB are blocked in advance. They will release a couple days before flight if not used for crew.
Repooc17 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.