Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
Seats 4AB are blocked in advance. They will release a couple days before flight if not used for crew.
At 48 hours IIRC.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
At 48 hours IIRC.
In terms of a precise time, I suspected it was 2am Central the second? or third? day before. I have not pinned down which day, or if that is true at all, though. I think 48h is a safe standard.
Old Feb 5, 2022, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
In terms of a precise time, I suspected it was 2am Central the second? or third? day before. I have not pinned down which day, or if that is true at all, though. I think 48h is a safe standard.
Further research says midnight CT the night before T-48.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30348088-post279.html
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: United 1K - Star Alliance Gold - AA Gold - Marriott Bonvoy Gold - Hyatt Explorist
Flying in 7A from ORD to KEF. Anyone have a negative experience being in this seat for a 6 hour flight?
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nabillionaire
Flying in 7A from ORD to KEF. Anyone have a negative experience being in this seat for a 6 hour flight?
Not particularly, although sometimes pax congregate in front of it, particularly when waiting for the lav.

Also depending on flight load, you may have a chance to get empty row and be able to lay down farther back (armrests in row 7 do not raise).

However, that will be something you have to watch in a few months, when ORD-KEF is closer to starting service, if that actually happens.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: United 1K - Star Alliance Gold - AA Gold - Marriott Bonvoy Gold - Hyatt Explorist
The armrests could be a potential issue since I am traveling with my partner. Any suggestions on other seats in economy+ that would be better? Seats 8A and 8B are currently occupied.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:40 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... Any suggestions on other seats in economy+ that would be better? .....
Best seats depend on your personal criteria of best, so we can not guess that

Do you need leg-space, do you want movable airm rests, do you need under-seat storage, do you need to get out without other people having to move, want a window seat, prefer to closer to the front or exit, best chance of adjacent empty seat, .... so you need to provide an outline of what you consider a good seat.
mpiotrow likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
The armrests could be a potential issue since I am traveling with my partner. Any suggestions on other seats in economy+ that would be better? Seats 8A and 8B are currently occupied.
I always take the aisle seat on exit row 21. If you want to sleep, you want to take a window seat on non-exit rows because exit-row window is very cold. Also, avoid rows 12 and 20.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Hi all, flying on the 757 on ewr-lax for the first time in years now and just wanted to check that 8F is the best seat I can pick in this layout? I read the wiki, and it seems like this is good, but I'm just making sure I'm not missing out on any other seat with better legroom? 6 hours is 6 hours so definitely want the most spacey seat there is. Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2022, 9:57 pm

Anyone seen a 757 seatmap with middle seats not bookable in rows 29.32,36? Not filled left blank on the seatmap. Could these be great seats if they open up or something to avoid like reserved for an emotional support animal or something unusual? Ive never seen this. Its a 757-200
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:27 pm

I have seen that since January on most 752s operating on EWR-SFO routes.
it’s not due to seat being inoperable or broken since it’s happening on many 752s.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by lunchtime
Anyone seen a 757 seatmap with middle seats not bookable in rows 29.32,36? Not filled left blank on the seatmap. Could these be great seats if they open up or something to avoid like reserved for an emotional support animal or something unusual? Ive never seen this. Its a 757-200
Came here to ask the same question. Helping a buddy with IAD-LIS. Same three seats missing from seat map on both UA and EF. He happened to choose 32F, so I was thinking the missing seat next to him will almost certainly be empty.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Hi all, flying on the 757 on ewr-lax for the first time in years now and just wanted to check that 8F is the best seat I can pick in this layout? I read the wiki, and it seems like this is good, but I'm just making sure I'm not missing out on any other seat with better legroom? 6 hours is 6 hours so definitely want the most spacey seat there is. Thanks!
img
Not sure if you flew this already. I like that seat. I think 20,21a/f are more likely to have empty middle (after NRSA clear), though.

Originally Posted by lunchtime
img
Originally Posted by UAFAM
I have seen that since January on most 752s operating on EWR-SFO routes.
it’s not due to seat being inoperable or broken since it’s happening on many 752s.
Same, but also on other routes. Not sure what it means, never remembered to wander over and look.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Not sure if you flew this already. I like that seat. I think 20,21a/f are more likely to have empty middle (after NRSA clear), though.
I didn't end up flying this, flew out of IAD instead on a PP seat E+ so even better, but still good knowledge for the future
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:14 am

It's been a while since I've flown these old birds cross country. Is it the general opinion that the old economy (and economy plus) seats are more comfortable than the slimline versions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.