Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
Thanks! I have been stuck on 777 HD aircraft quite a bit recently on ps flights (2-4-2 config) and find the personal space unacceptably small. No storage for anything. But the pmCO 757 I have been on have somewhat of a divider and a space behind your shoulder to put small items. Does the pmUA ps seat have such a storage area? I know the 777 seats do not.
Yes, both pmUA and pmCO have the space behind. Like I said, the seats appear to be identical. And I agree that the 777 2-4-2 config is tight with no storage space. I avoid that aircraft when booking ps flights.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by blueman2
Thanks! I have been stuck on 777 HD aircraft quite a bit recently on ps flights (2-4-2 config) and find the personal space unacceptably small. No storage for anything. But the pmCO 757 I have been on have somewhat of a divider and a space behind your shoulder to put small items. Does the pmUA ps seat have such a storage area? I know the 777 seats do not.
The sUA and sCO 752s have the same seat in J. I think the seats on the p.s. planes are slightly newer, but it's not a huge difference.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
The sUA and sCO 752s have the same seat in J. I think the seats on the p.s. planes are slightly newer, but it's not a huge difference.
The only difference is the sUA seats have a more advanced entertainment system. Not sure if it's just software or if there's upgraded hardware in there as well.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Blocked seats on intl 757

Hello,

I am flying from the US to Europe this weekend on a 757 intl version. I am in 8F. 8D and 8E on ExpertFlyer show as blocked right now. Sure enough the UA seat map on their website shows the seats as occupied.

But obviously no passenger has been assigned to those seats yet. I just want to know what the odds are that those seats don't end up being occupied by someone. The flight looks rather empty (about 40-50% full), and intl flights usually aren't booked last minute, and I usually don't see more than three people or so on standby for this particular flight in my previous experiences.

Anyone know why these seats would be blocked, and what the odds are I get two seats next to me free?

Thanks a ton in advance.

ETA: 21E&F show as blocked on ExpertFlyer, but I can select those seats on the UA app if I want to. 8E&F are not able to be selected on the app or website. Not sure what that's about.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:16 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
8DE are often reserved for disabled persons up until T-24, but I've never seen them go out empty.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:18 pm

Seats could be blocked for many reasons. However, on the 757 intl vers often times seat group 8D, 8E, and 8F are sometimes blocked for passengers who may need the use of the onboard bassinet.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
8DE are often reserved for disabled persons up until T-24, but I've never seen them go out empty.
Thanks. I'm sure someone will pick 8D during check in, but hoping 8E stays open at least.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
How is Row 4 positioned on both sides relative to the lav at 2L? Which of 4A or 4F has less disturbance from being close to the lav?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Which of 4A or 4F has less disturbance from being close to the lav?
4A can hear the flushing and some amount of vibration when the door closes. 4F is a little quieter. That said neither seat is bad, especially if you use ear plugs and mask.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by bluedemon211
4A can hear the flushing and some amount of vibration when the door closes. 4F is a little quieter. That said neither seat is bad, especially if you use ear plugs and mask.
In general, I find row 4 to be quieter and more private than 1-3. It's not just the lavatories... it's the hustle and bustle of the food prep area for first class. Even with the lav and catering area for Y directly behind, I still find row 4 better than the others. I would always choose row 4 when possible.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjmoore
In general, I find row 4 to be quieter and more private than 1-3. It's not just the lavatories... it's the hustle and bustle of the food prep area for first class. Even with the lav and catering area for Y directly behind, I still find row 4 better than the others. I would always choose row 4 when possible.
Interesting. I'm in 4F right now and the cabin is full (4AB will unblock at some point). If I recall, the configuration is a little different on the sUA planes where 4E looks straight into the lav. Either way, sounds like I should be good with my current seat unless I can snag 1A/F for the footwell (unlikely).
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Interesting. I'm in 4F right now and the cabin is full (4AB will unblock at some point). If I recall, the configuration is a little different on the sUA planes where 4E looks straight into the lav.
Correct, 4E is a horrible seat on the 28J 752. 4F is a decent seat on both aircraft.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:57 pm

IAD-LHR again next month on this 752 intl plane. In 1F for now. Other options are 2F and 3A. I prefer window. Is 1F the best for J?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by UAL250
IAD-LHR again next month on this 752 intl plane. In 1F for now. Other options are 2F and 3A. I prefer window. Is 1F the best for J?
Thanks to the bulkhead, most would say yes. Small disadvantage of greater foot traffic to lavs and galleys vs 2/3.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by UAL250
Is 1F the best for J?
Yes, it's overall best window seat, especially if you need the bigger footwell to sleep. Downside is the potential for chatty FAs in the galley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.