Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:15 pm

Advice for seating in Economy DUB>EWR. Currently placed in 35A and C hoping for the middle to go unfilled, or my wife can swap with whoever is sitting there.

Any better row? Or, more specifically, any row that is 100% confirmed to NOT have a IFE box under the seat taking away foot space? I'm 6'2" 270lbs so every bit helps on the longer ones.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA
For 8DEF is the monitor in the arm rest or on the bulkhead? I've sat in 7A before and found it way too cold as well as having both the monitor and arm tray table in the arm rest to be uncomfortable.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by Joe K.
I was in row 2 and row 4 last week both times on the aisle. I wasn't impacted by the lavatory at all. I would have liked the larger footwell in row 1 as I am a pretty big guy. Regardless, it was still a great seat.
We were in 1E and 1F EWR-CDG this past summer - load was 12/16 in J, had no issues with noise or galley traffic and the wider footwell is totally worth it
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Seat 7ABC and 8DEF have tray table in the arm rest, so dont grab these rows if you want to lay down/across the seats. The arm rests are not moveable due to the tray tables.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 1K, Marrott Gold, HHonors Silver, Hertz 5Star, TSA Pre
How do I know if I'm on a flight that has lay-flat seats? I'm on a 757-200 and the seat map shows these icons:

Which I thought meant lay flat beds. But below that, in the description of Business Class, it says "Relax in extra-wide seats with added legroom", which doesn't exactly sound like a p.s. seat. I'm on a route from EWR to SFO so my chances are good, but I don't want to buy the upgrade if it's just a plain old regular domestic first seat.

Anyone have any hints on how to tell?

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!
Originally Posted by Dina Lawrence
How do I know if I'm on a flight that has lay-flat seats? I'm on a 757-200 and the seat map shows these icons: ...
All UA's 752 have lie flat premium cabins. This particular 16-lie flat seats is also known as the sCO 752.

UA has a bit of a confused terminology -- in a 2-class aircraft, the front cabin is call Domestic F if on a domestic routing except if used for PS flights (EWR<>SFO/LAX) when it had been called business -- beleive that is changing. It can be called International Business or Polaris Buisness depending on route.

Bottom line it is lie-flat up front.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:32 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
How do I know if a flight in business class (no first) has lay flat beds or regular seats? It's a transcon EWR-SFO redeye, and the seat map icon looks like this:
Yes. The 757 on the EWR-SFO route has lie flat business seats. That orange/yellowish seat icon indicates lie flat seat.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 1K, Marrott Gold, HHonors Silver, Hertz 5Star, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!
All UA's 752 have lie flat premium cabins. This particular 16-lie flat seats is also known as the sCO 752.

UA has a bit of a confused terminology -- in a 2-class aircraft, the front cabin is call Domestic F if on a domestic routing except if used for PS flights (EWR<>SFO/LAX) when it had been called business -- beleive that is changing. It can be called International Business or Polaris Buisness depending on route.

Bottom line it is lie-flat up front.
Thank you! Upgrade is confirmed! That image is one cribbed from the internet--my specific flight and 757-200 actually has 18 business seats (Rows 1-7 with the galley between rows 4-5), so I don't think it's an sCO.

It's a redeye in June, so almost every seat in Biz class is available (except 1A/B). I selected 5E/F since my husband is tall and I think that one has the most legroom--but if anyone has tips on a better selection I'm all ears!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Thank you! Upgrade is confirmed! That image is one cribbed from the internet--my specific flight and 757-200 actually has 18 business seats (Rows 1-7 with the galley between rows 4-5), so I don't think it's an sCO.

It's a redeye in June, so almost every seat in Biz class is available (except 1A/B). I selected 5E/F since my husband is tall and I think that one has the most legroom--but if anyone has tips on a better selection I'm all ears!
2 versions of the 752 fly that route. The 16 J seater is the Continental int'l configuration, and the 28 J seater is the reconfigured United plane. All lie-flat seats, and quite nice. I don't know the specifics for specific seat dimensions to make a recommendation for a taller pax, so I will leave that to someone else.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I selected 5E/F since my husband is tall and I think that one has the most legroom--but if anyone has tips on a better selection I'm all ears!
All seats have the same legroom but the footwells are larger in rows 1 and 5, which makes the space more comfortable. Stick with 5E/F.

757-200 actually has 18 business seats (Rows 1-7 with the galley between rows 4-5)
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold
I'm flying the 752 IAD -> IAH 5/1/2017. It's been really interesting watching 1st fill up. I had originally picked 2B because Seatguru didn't show any difference, then I got here and found out the row 1 footwells are larger, so I moved up to 1E. Apparently no one else knows that, because they're filling up the last 3 rows first. It's an afternoon flight, so I wouldn't imagine sleep is a major concern. It's making me paranoid there's something about first I'm missing. Can anyone confirm this layout has bigger footwells in row 1?
Attached Images  
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by saltydog75
... Can anyone confirm this layout has bigger footwells in row 1?
Yes it does but if not trying to sleep in lie flat mode, it really does not matter.

Old habits of many to avoid row 1 persist .
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Gold
Yes it does but if not trying to sleep in lie flat mode, it really does not matter.

Thanks. I know it doesn't really matter that much. I guess my touch of OCD makes me want to optimize even the small details.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes, I avoid it on that aircraft due to galley noise/commotion. 1B is worst seat in the cabin (IMO).
Old Mar 31, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, I avoid it on that aircraft due to galley noise/commotion. 1B is worst seat in the cabin (IMO).
With my QC15 and some audio, the noise is not much of an issue for me. The movement / light does make 1B the less desirable of Row 1. I tend to go for 1E as the OP did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.