Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxAoTx16fA4

Here's a short video of someone who flew the CO 757 to OSL and had 7B as a seat. You can kinda use to judge the legroom between 7B and the FA JS at 2L.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxAoTx16fA4

Here's a short video of someone who flew the CO 757 to OSL and had 7B as a seat. You can kinda use to judge the legroom between 7B and the FA JS at 2L.
Ha! The guy handing out his card.

My opinion, take the aisle instead. People hang out in that area during flight for the lavs.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Global Entry

Here's a short video of someone who flew the CO 757 to OSL and had 7B as a seat. .
Thanks for the video, fantastic! Thanks for all the other opinions as well. The galley looks like it could be bothersome too.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM
Originally Posted by PHL_flyer
Thanks for the video, fantastic! Thanks for all the other opinions as well. The galley looks like it could be bothersome too.
I've never personally had an issue on an overnight flight from the 2R galley. Most of the action is in the front and back galleys--and there's a curtain that the FAs can pull around the 2R galley, blocking any light or action from it. But YMMV.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
Smile Where to sit on UA pmCO intl 757-200?

I've tried searching the forum and this thread for more info but didn't come up with an answer...

I am flying UA74 EWR-HAM in June and am currently assigned in 8F (row 7AC are taken and I prefer window). Is 8F a nice enough seat for this TATL flight? SeatGuru says it has a cutout and a little extra legroom. I would prefer 7A and yes...I know it gets cold and the slide protrusion. I'm asking because I'm debating whether to wait-list for an upgrade using miles. Thanks, in advance, for any tips and comments.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by foppishbum
I've tried searching the forum and this thread for more info but didn't come up with an answer...

I am flying UA74 EWR-HAM in June and am currently assigned in 8F (row 7AC are taken and I prefer window). Is 8F a nice enough seat for this TATL flight? SeatGuru says it has a cutout and a little extra legroom. I would prefer 7A and yes...I know it gets cold and the slide protrusion. I'm asking because I'm debating whether to wait-list for an upgrade using miles. Thanks, in advance, for any tips and comments.
8F is an excellent seat, the only risk you face is that the passengers in 8D or 8E are traveling with an infant and use the bassinet. That makes it much harder to get out (you'll have to ask the people next to you to move, which isn't usually necessary).

It's probably one of the better seats on this aircraft. Unless I had plenty of miles to spare I would probably go with this seat on this flight rather than using miles+copay to upgrade.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold/*G, Marriott/SPG Gold Elite
Thumbs up

Thanks for the quick response star_world. I think I will take the risk and stick with 8F then...unless 7A opens up.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz Prez
I just flew on 7B two weeks ago, man was it stunningly cold. Bring very warm clothes if you're going to think about doing this.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:05 am

Any hints why 21 DEF won't show on a seat reservation page (missing, not blocked), though united about 757 page and seatguru both include that row?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by danad
Any hints why 21 DEF won't show on a seat reservation page (missing, not blocked), though united about 757 page and seatguru both include that row?
I've seen that as well. Maybe it is restricted to higher elite status so they get better early options? I am Gold and I've seen this before.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:05 am

What is seat 30F like? Is it just a normal economy seat?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i have not flown it TATL but i have flown it from LAX-EWR several times.

personally i like it, the seat feels slightly narrower than on a wide body but fully lie flat and comfortable. the cabin has a nice intimate feel to it with only 16 seats. standard UA AVOD which IMO is very nice if not top notch among all carriers.

a concern with 757 TATL fligths is fuel stops, especially in the winter in the westbound direction. there is a thread about that issue. i didnt hear as much about it this past winter but the year before there were a ton of them. something to consider when booking a connection on the return trip.
I don't think there has ever been a fuel stop on the flight from my airport. I think we could even fly a 737-900ER without fuel stops.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Owenc
What is seat 30F like? Is it just a normal economy seat?
Yes just a normal economy seat.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Yes just a normal economy seat.
Just curious... does anyone here know how old these TATL 757's are? I was recently in 1A on one of these for a hub to hub trip, and the IFE was dead for the entire flight.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by jjmoore
Just curious... does anyone here know how old these TATL 757's are? I was recently in 1A on one of these for a hub to hub trip, and the IFE was dead for the entire flight.
The oldest one tail #101 was delivered in 1994, the newest one tail #141 was delivered in 2000.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.