Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by tuolumne
Whatever the hell that means. BF was brought to the ghetto birds because the seat had already been designed/certified for the 764. Ditto for p.s. 752. This "market disagreeing" is canned nonsense - those IPTE J seats outnumber the legacy CO almost 2:1.

Excuse me, the 752 is roomier. This is an objective statement. Give me a break...

You completely missed the original point - why would anybody in their right mind expect parity between an INTERNATIONALLY confgured 757 and an DOMESTICALLY configured variant? This makes absolutely no sense, except for some employees/apologists who want to throw hometeam softballs.

As far as that headrest talking point - this only seemed to have become a problem when some were desperately looking to excuse "their" seat's lack of said feature, not when said seat was used for 100+ widebosy aircraft for intl. J for 10 years. Just nonsense.

This is your problem: Anybody who has the nerve to speak out or is percieved to be doing so, in most any way, is automatically labled an enemy of state. I assure you, I wasn't pulling for any percieved superority of legacy UA (which was a disaster in many respects). But these tactics were never a part of legacy United, where candid feedback, moaning, and yes, acting over entitled, was almost a right of passage.

Back to the point, you expecting parity between two different 757s, used fo completely different purposes, is questionable. You want to go off about the p.s. aircraft and complaining about sidewalls and flower wallpaper in the bathroom...yes I know the talking points - well here's the deal...I'm on at least 2 UA 757s a week - they are perfectly acceptable aircraft, especially to anyone who' s had the displeasure of enduring the true ghetto equipment DL/AA have long offered. Tilton made some mind boggling cleaning moves in 2006, and it showed But that was 6 years ago, and the situation clearly isn't the same now. Yes, there's the occasional taped PSU or panel, but I'd suggest taking more than a couple of flights on this equipment before making the broad statements you are.

Was my 737 statement purposely hyperbolic? yes. And is it superior to the equipment you'd get on DL/AA? absolutely, yes. These are good aircraft, the sky interiors are quite nice, DirectTV is great for longer routes, but they aren't as ground sweeping as they're sold as - there are very real & apparent tradeoffs, whether it's seat comfort or cabin lighting or seat width...
Yeah every sUA 757 I've been on has been clean, comfortable, reliable -- no delays. Out of EWR I'm usually on half a dozen of them a year. I have never witnessed any kind of duct tape.

Although I've flown on AA and DL 757s which are generally more worn than sUA 757. The sCO 757 in Y is generally uncomfortable. The AVOD I'm sure helps, but the seat itself isn't good.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM , Marriott Amb, Hyatt D, HH D, Hertz PC
I had not been on the sCO INTL 757 until 4/6 when I flew UA4 IAD-LHR. BF cabin was pretty cramped but crew was hands down the best I've ever had on sCO. I am one of those who prefer the PMUA way of doing things (widebodies over frequency to Europe) but it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 2:43 pm

thanks for the replies.
Glad to hear there is some storage space at least, compared to the 767 I had last time, which had no space at all.

One more question I have is, is the amount of storage space the same between the bulkhead seats and the rest?
If one has more over the other, I'd certainly takes a seat that has the most space.

Thanks again-
Old Apr 27, 2013, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA ExecPlat & 1MM/DL Plat/HH Diamond/Marriott Titanium
How bad is light and noise from the galley if seated in Row 1 on a redeye to Europe? Is it tough to sleep? Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
How bad is light and noise from the galley if seated in Row 1 on a redeye to Europe? Is it tough to sleep? Thanks!
It's not too bad in the window seats, in the aisle seats it feels like you're asleep in a busy restaurant as there is a lot of flight and you're right next to the galley. I've had a good 5-6 hours sleep in 1A/F though with earplugs, just went right to sleep after takeoff.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA ExecPlat & 1MM/DL Plat/HH Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by star_world
It's not too bad in the window seats, in the aisle seats it feels like you're asleep in a busy restaurant as there is a lot of flight and you're right next to the galley. I've had a good 5-6 hours sleep in 1A/F though with earplugs, just went right to sleep after takeoff.
Great, thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I would do 1F instead of 1A
Old Apr 28, 2013, 4:06 am

Programs: LX SEN, A3 Gold, BAEC Silver, HH Dia, CCarlson Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Having recently flown all - 757 & 767 on US and 767 on UA both in Y and their "C" within the US and back home to Europe I don't understand people looking forward flying these dinosaurs on international routes

Flying domestic is ok but it's a disgrace flying TATL on a narrow-body 757 on US. UA hard ware is slightly less painful. Although haven't seen for ages such tiny screen than on last 767 on UA.

I'd rather fly TATL on LX' A320 Recaro seats they use for intra-European flights than flying again on a 757 on US.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fkaway
Having recently flown all - 757 & 767 on US and 767 on UA both in Y and their "C" within the US and back home to Europe I don't understand people looking forward flying these dinosaurs on international routes

Flying domestic is ok but it's a disgrace flying TATL on a narrow-body 757 on US. UA hard ware is slightly less painful. Although haven't seen for ages such tiny screen than on last 767 on UA.

I'd rather fly TATL on LX' A320 Recaro seats they use for intra-European flights than flying again on a 757 on US.
Don't think it's fair to compare the far-superior UA 757s to US' much, much older product on their non-Envoy planes.

That being said - I do somewhat agree with you on the 757 TATL. Yes that it shouldn't be serving major markets like CDG, LHR, or the longer routes that really push operational capability (BCN, TXL, etc.) However, on the shortest, thinnest routes (like all those non-LHR UK cities), they do make sense as those are probably the bare minimum they could support.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM
I've been on a number of BF 757s in the past few weeks TATL. As someone who is tall, the BF seat simply sucks. Way too short. The footwell is cramped (even row 1, which is roomier in the footwell is still too short). After five of these flights, I would avoid the BF 757s in the future except I keep ending up on thin routes with no other option.

The PMUA 767 C is the best TATL for me. Seats are narrow but the overall length is long enough and the footwell allows you to actually lay on your back.

And at the risk of setting off the CO-loyalist banshees, the PMCO AVOD sucks. The software interface is crude and the map is simply no fun at all. I was very sorry to see it on my pre-grounding BF 787 flight, wish they'd gone with the more-modern PMUA interface.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 6, 2013 at 4:28 am Reason: off-topic
Old May 6, 2013, 10:17 am

UA100 Economy Plus

Does anyone have opinions on these. I'm flying IAD-MAN in June and will probably just do E+.

I originally selected 10F but then saw that it looks like it looks out onto the wing...is this true? I'd prefer a window seat that doesn't have the wing obstructing the view. I was going to change to 9F but saw on seat guru that it has "reduced storage space"...would that be an issue? I've seen conflicting seat configurations for this flight (some have 9f not having a seat in front of it, some have it, etc).

Any advice is much appreciated!
Old May 6, 2013, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
What plane is it? Then do a search here for "everything you ever wanted" including your plane type.
Old May 6, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Probably a former CO 757.

But most of the flight is at night, and over water. How much does the view matter?
Old May 6, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by drewguy
Probably a former CO 757.

But most of the flight is at night, and over water. How much does the view matter?
yeah it's a 757. apparently has 36'' of pitch which is nice for me (6'3''). I'll probably just stick with the 10f. Does anyone know if there's roughly enough space to squeeze through to leave the seat without having to make my (possibly sleeping) neighbors get up?
Old May 6, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by dmvflyer
yeah it's a 757. apparently has 36'' of pitch which is nice for me (6'3''). I'll probably just stick with the 10f. Does anyone know if there's roughly enough space to squeeze through to leave the seat without having to make my (possibly sleeping) neighbors get up?
Generally no. I'm a heavy 5'11", and I find that I have to get up to let people out in E+ in pretty much all cases*.

*exceptions: Row 20 on A319, 7ABC on sCO 752

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.