Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:23 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
It has been a lot of years since we flew on a 757 and up front is not an option on this one. Going EWR to KEF and currently holding 9C and 9D, opposite aisle seats. 7ABC are currently open but my wife is not a fan of not having a seat in front to store her "stuff" even thought it is a late night, get onboard and go to sleep trip. is 7 really that much better??
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gene2632
It has been a lot of years since we flew on a 757 and up front is not an option on this one. Going EWR to KEF and currently holding 9C and 9D, opposite aisle seats. 7ABC are currently open but my wife is not a fan of not having a seat in front to store her "stuff" even thought it is a late night, get onboard and go to sleep trip. is 7 really that much better??
With aisle seats for both of you — and assuming neither of you have extremely long legs — mostly depends on the AB/EF seatmates and how much they want to get up overnight.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
The main downside to 7ABC is folks boarding at the door and having the IFE that pulls up meaning you canít use it on the ground. It wasnít an issue years ago with loop videos but now you can almost starting watching movies as soon as you plop in your seat.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: UA
I've never been a fan of the seats open to the boarding, but with pre-board I feel like I'm watching the whole plan walk by me so my perception may be skewed.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
The main downside to 7ABC is folks boarding at the door and having the IFE that pulls up meaning you canít use it on the ground. It wasnít an issue years ago with loop videos but now you can almost starting watching movies as soon as you plop in your seat.
Interestingly, a lot people don't even bother pulling up the IFE, even on 6hr+ flights. I have observed many flights where 7A through 7C never used their IFE for the entire flight.
Say Vandelay likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
Thanks for all of the input. I agree about the parade as people board, it can be annoying. I am hoping the IFE is a non-event. It is a long day of travel for us. LAS to EWR, then almost 4 hour layover and then the 6 hours to go EWR to KEF. Really just hoping to sleep. Oh, it will be my wife getting up to use the lav, that is why we do aisle seats now..........I think we will stick with 9 and hope the FAs don't trip over my leg....
Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Does 22B and 22C have more leg room? We are a party of 4 and currently in row 34 (ugh) but thinking of moving 2 of us to 22 for some $$. We rarely fly United but its the best way to get home from Iceland.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by shmom
Does 22B and 22C have more leg room? We are a party of 4 and currently in row 34 (ugh) but thinking of moving 2 of us to 22 for some $$. We rarely fly United but itís the best way to get home from Iceland.
Not that I can tell. 22A/F are the only non E+ preferred seats that might be worth $.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:00 am

Hi. My partner and I book row 20 which is exit row, Economy Plus. That's what is available. I know there is no / limited recline, but do we get the extra leg room due to being in the exit row, beyond the standard Economy Plus legroom? 21 is available behind us, but I hear there's no recline and they are not E+. Please advise on row 20 and thank you. Aisle/middle.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by zagat39
Hi. My partner and I book row 20 which is exit row, Economy Plus. That's what is available. I know there is no / limited recline, but do we get the extra leg room due to being in the exit row, beyond the standard Economy Plus legroom? 21 is available behind us, but I hear there's no recline and they are not E+. Please advise on row 20 and thank you. Aisle/middle.
Yes, row 20 will have extra leg room for being a proper exit row (and E+ seat). The only other seats with extra legroom in the exit row are 22A and 22F which are not marketed as E+ so may be cheaper to purchase than an outright E+ seat (not sure on that one).

-RM
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: UA, QR, EY, AA, SQ, A6, MH
Polaris 752 Quick Seat Tour

Cpm013 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium, LTP; IHG Platinum
Old, tired pmCO seats!

It is certainly better than any upright seats on many B737.

Last edited by l etoile; Apr 21, 2024 at 1:35 pm Reason: Removed long string of quoted photos to make it easier for those on slow connections
Old May 15, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
757-200 Polaris Best Seats & Video

Got the upgrade for the 757-200 Polaris ORD-EWR and wanted to share seat recommendations and a video. Glad to answer questions too!

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Service on this route is United (domestic) First, and based on the distance, a bag of small snack - e.g. pretzel, and drinks.

752 has the Polaris plaque up front, but only marketed as Polaris when flying TATL.
Old May 15, 2024, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Thanks for sharing.
ContinentalFan likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 15, 2024 at 12:09 pm Reason: Cleanup after merge; thanks for the link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.