Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 11:22 pm

If you are in 8F (window bulkhead) is there enough room at all to step over/around the people in 8E and 8D or do they have to get up for you to get out? Read some conflicting comments about this row and was wondering if anyone had the definitive answer...Thanks in advance
Old May 21, 2017, 3:57 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
IIRC there is nothing to hold on to and you have to step over TWO bodies that may be covered by blankets.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:14 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hospoman
If you are in 8F (window bulkhead) is there enough room at all to step over/around the people in 8E and 8D or do they have to get up for you to get out? ...
As mentioned you may have to step over some outstretched feet -- but 8DEF with extra leg space and no seats reclining back, it is very possible to get out without 8D/E needing to get up. 7ABC is even easier.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: United, Hawaiian
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm booked into Seat 7A heading LAX-OGG in November. My only concern is that the lav is so close, and another site listed row 7ABC as being problematic due to the proximity of the lavs. Do the lavs open towards Row 7, or along the center aisle of the plane? That would be my concern, having the lavs open right on top of me. I've searched for photos of this section of the interiors of United 757s, but so far no luck.

Any other issues with 7A? Premium Economy has fast filled up on this flight, so there aren't many other choices, and certainly no aisle seats so I took what I could get. Many thanks for any pointers, and especially links to photos of this seat and lav area.

Thank you!

Bob
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 757Forever
.... I'm booked into Seat 7A heading LAX-OGG in November. My only concern is that the lav is so close, and another site listed row 7ABC as being problematic due to the proximity of the lavs. Do the lavs open towards Row 7, or along the center aisle of the plane? ....
toward the aisle. -- as they all do on single aisle aircraft. Due to the exit, the lav is equivalent to being another row forward. No a problem unless you are usually sensitive.

With 7A, you have a good view of the galley and the aircraft door bump (for the emergency slide) slightly impacts your leg space. And some at times feel it is a bit colder sitting next to the exit.

But you have easy exit from your seat without bothering 7B/C and good leg space. No under the seat in front of you storage.

....Premium Economy has fast filled up on this flight, ....
Economy Plus -- no Premium Economy on UA yet.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:01 pm

Smile

toward the aisle. -- as they all do on single aisle aircraft.

Thanks. I just wanted to be certain as the seating diagram on Seat Guru (https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...7-200_Flat.php) show the lavs as split laterally, potentially facing Row 7, the male lav closer to the centerline with the female lav to it's left. The seat map on United.com just shows the area as used for lavs, not their precise orientation. I had thought their entrances were almost certainly on the centerline but the Seat Guru image had me wondering.

No a problem unless you are usually sensitive.
Let me tall 'ya about that time on a United A320 when the toilet malfunctioned and the human waste... Nah, better left unsaid!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
the seating diagram on Seat Guru (https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...7-200_Flat.php) show the lavs as split laterally, potentially facing Row 7, the male lav closer to the centerline with the female lav to it's left
SeatGuru is especially messed up if they're showing separate lavs for men and women.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:54 pm

Thanks. I just wanted to be certain as the seating diagram on Seat Guru (https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...7-200_Flat.php) show the lavs as split laterally, potentially facing Row 7, the male lav closer to the centerline with the female lav to it's left. The seat map on United.com just shows the area as used for lavs, not their precise orientation. I had thought their entrances were almost certainly on the centerline but the Seat Guru image had me wondering. ....
The SeatGuru icon is a just a generic lavatory icon and has no meaning concerning the physical layout. Same icon isused if it is a single lav or multiple lavs. And airlines don't have male / female lavs on-board, same facility for everyone.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The SeatGuru icon is a just a generic lavatory icon and has no meaning concerning the physical layout. Same icon isused if it is a single lav or multiple lavs. And airlines don't have male / female lavs on-board, same facility for everyone.
I know. That was something that confused me. When I saw that I said, "Huh?" I've been flying for nearly fifty years, on everything from props to DC-10s, and I'd never seen that before.

Last edited by 757Forever; Jul 29, 2017 at 8:56 pm
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:17 pm

Have a bit of a dilemma and I would appreciate some feedback...

Wife and I along with our 1 year old (infant lap child for this flight) are flying IAD-MAD next week. We currently have seats 4A/4B (mixed reviews as per seat guru). However, we are contemplating the use of the plane's bassinet in the first row. 1A is currently available and so is 1E (across the aisle). I'm sure we'd be able to switch around so that we have 1A/1B. But, those seats are bulk head and no guarantee that the baby will stay in the bassinet during the overnight.

I guess the ultimate question is if first row preferrable to last row in J?

Plane is a 757-200.

Last edited by gumercindo; Aug 4, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by gumercindo

Plane is a 757-200.
sCO planes have a larger footwell in bulkhead, that is about the only difference in hardware.

Sadly, some FAs like to chat during flight, so that and light from galley could be a problem in first row

Reason I always travel with eyeshade and earplugs - even though I hate to use either.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Have a bit of a dilemma and I would appreciate some feedback...

Wife and I along with our 1 year old (infant lap child for this flight) are flying IAD-MAD next week. We currently have seats 4A/4B (mixed reviews as per seat guru). However, we are contemplating the use of the plane's bassinet in the first row. 1A is currently available and so is 1E (across the aisle). I'm sure we'd be able to switch around so that we have 1A/1B. But, those seats are bulk head and no guarantee that the baby will stay in the bassinet during the overnight.

Plane is a 757-200.
There may be n guarantee that the baby will stay in the bassinet but in row 1 you will at least have that option.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I have a choice between pmCo and pmUA ps flights with 757. Is the Co aircraft better? I know that UA J seats have very little storage or personal space. But I recall the Co aircraft are a bit better. Is that correct?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
I have a choice between pmCo and pmUA ps flights with 757. Is the Co aircraft better? I know that UA J seats have very little storage or personal space. But I recall the Co aircraft are a bit better. Is that correct?
I fly each often (EWR-LAX). As far as I can tell the J seats are identical. I prefer the pmUA aircraft as the layout was created specifically for ps. Also, the lavatory ratio is better (2 lavs for 28 vs 1 lav for 16). But the experience between the two is about the same in my opinion.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by nycityny
I fly each often (EWR-LAX). As far as I can tell the J seats are identical. I prefer the pmUA 757 ps aircraft as the layout was created specifically for ps. Also, the lavatory ratio is better (2 lavs for 28 vs 1 lav for 16). But the experience between the two is about the same in my opinion.
Thanks! I have been stuck on 777 HD aircraft quite a bit recently on ps flights (2-4-2 config) and find the personal space unacceptably small. No storage for anything. But the pmCO 757 I have been on have somewhat of a divider and a space behind your shoulder to put small items. Does the pmUA ps seat have such a storage area? I know the 777 seats do not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.