Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by JBord
If you are definitely going UA, I think it's worth paying the extra fee to get an exit row (economy plus). You purchase a coach ticket and then pay an extra fee after ticketing to get the exit row seats. Others may disagree that it's worth the price.
Just beware that certain exit row seats aren't recline-able at all (i think it's a FAA safety requirement?), but UA still sells them are E+

No recline on a 9-hour flight from Europe is quite a pain
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

First bag is already free on TATL flights so unless you need to check a second that's a non-issue. And if you did want to check a second the CC would not have helped anyways.

You can pay for the EconomyPlus seat to get the extra legroom but there are no other extra amenities which come with that seat. LH, AF or BA can all offer you a one-stop Premium Economy flight but none have a non-stop option on Berlin-NYC.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, BA, CX, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by sbm12
First bag is already free on TATL flights so unless you need to check a second that's a non-issue. And if you did want to check a second the CC would not have helped anyways.

You can pay for the EconomyPlus seat to get the extra legroom but there are no other extra amenities which come with that seat. LH, AF or BA can all offer you a one-stop Premium Economy flight but none have a non-stop option on Berlin-NYC.
The only other Berlin-NYC nonstop is AirBerlin, which lacks PremiumEconomy. But it's on a 330 wide-body with comfortable 2-4-2 arrangement, which some may find superior to UA's config.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sbm12
And if you did want to check a second the CC would not have helped anyways.
Unless it was the Club Card
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
I saw that the flight that United features from Newark to Berlin is a Lufthansa flight. Should I buy the ticket on Lufthansa or United. I can't actually tell who's operating the flight. I just want to get to Berlin directly on something other than Air Berlin. I am so confused.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mphall
I saw that the flight that United features from Newark to Berlin is a Lufthansa flight. Should I buy the ticket on Lufthansa or United. I can't actually tell who's operating the flight. I just want to get to Berlin directly on something other than Air Berlin. I am so confused.
The EWR-TXL UA 124 is UA operated. It can be purchased as a LH codeshare but don't believe LH operates a non-stop EWR-TXL. Generally better to purchase from the flight operator.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:48 pm

I have a business first flight booked from AMS to Tampa via IAH using points. The original equipment was 777-200 (long leg).

I just received notification that the flights will now be routed from AMS to Tampa via EWR. The new equipment will be 757-200 (long leg). I am in row 1E & 1F.

The total travel time is the same (just longer layover in EWR).

The only possible alternative is if they would put me on a different flight that uses 767-300.
Same total travel time but just arrives 2 hours later.

Should I be concerned about the differences in comfort?
Any suggestions?

Last edited by atwnsw2; Mar 14, 2015 at 2:55 pm
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:55 pm

If your original flight was operated by an sCO aircraft (2-digit or 4-digit flight number) then you're getting pretty much the same kind of seat. No real difference.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
Should I be concerned about the differences in comfort?
Any suggestions?
Many of us prefer the widebody to the single aisle. But it is still a lie-flat seat. 1E and 1F are probably the best seats in that cabin.

I would be more concerned about the EWR transfer. IAH is a better airport for connections and much less subject to delay.

Can you tell the reason for the change? (My guess would be the IAH-TPA flight schedule changed.)

You could probably transfer through ORD as well, but that's no real improvement IMO.
Originally Posted by flyingnosh
If your original flight was operated by an sCO aircraft (2-digit or 4-digit flight number) then you're getting pretty much the same kind of seat. No real difference.
Same seat design, but it's considerably more spacious in the 772 - 2 inches longer, 2 inches wider.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Many of us prefer the widebody to the single aisle. But it is still a lie-flat seat. 1E and 1F are probably the best seats in that cabin.

I would be more concerned about the EWR transfer. IAH is a better airport for connections and much less subject to delay.

Can you tell the reason for the change? (My guess would be the IAH-TPA flight schedule changed.)

You could probably transfer through ORD as well, but that's no real improvement IMO.

Same seat design, but it's considerably more spacious in the 772 - 2 inches longer, 2 inches wider.

Thank you everybody for your responses.

I don't know the reason for the change at this point but can find out if it makes a difference.

I will have a 3 1/2 hour layover in EWR vs 2 hour in IAH. Both original flight # and new flight # are 2 digits. It sounds like there is nothing to do at this point.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hi,

Looking at a seat map and cannot figure out which config / thread it is. 757 200 , ewr to lhr. 16 fc lie flat. Row 7 e+ on one side missing row 7 on right hand side. Any ideas ? Also, at 6'4" could i put my legs out in 7abc or 8def? Thx
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by simonoaks
Hi,

Looking at a seat map and cannot figure out which config / thread it is. 757 200 , ewr to lhr. 16 fc lie flat. Row 7 e+ on one side missing row 7 on right hand side. Any ideas ? Also, at 6'4" could i put my legs out in 7abc or 8def? Thx
Ok. So chose 7c , was perfect. Here is what I Found: row 7 does have unlimited legroom , 7A does have exit door sticking out and it gets freezing on your feet and makes toes numb. 7C is really good , but near galley and gets light from there. Row 8 is good too, lets of knee room , most people will be able to put legs out, there is also a small ( about 10 inch high by 10 inch deep) cutout at bottom of the bulhead. Row 20/21 did not have that much extra legroom as exits are just small doors. Hope that helps
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:59 pm

EWR to Berlin

I tried Seat guru but it didn't seem to help with seat selection for the 757-200.
Would any one have a chance to tell me about the premium comfort seat choices? I have a tall spouse and is now crazy about the 3 across seat configuration.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
On 757-200, Economy Plus seats 7A-7C have unlimited legroom.

When are you flying? EWR-TXL will be upguaged to be B767-300 in the near future.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:19 pm

Is that a good thing?
May 25 to june5

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.