Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The oldest one tail #101 was delivered in 1994, the newest one tail #141 was delivered in 2000.
But the cabin interiors are all much newer since the 'new' CO BF cabin didn't come along til much later.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:37 am

They are quite nice inside so they aren't exactly old..
Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by danad
Any hints why 21 DEF won't show on a seat reservation page (missing, not blocked), though united about 757 page and seatguru both include that row?
Blocked for crew rest until ~48hrs out, sometimes appears after that depending on route and BF loads.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:01 pm

I see very little about the 757-200 v2 - the international version with only 16(?) F seats. I usually don't get this bird but am curious about row 7ABC (there's no 7DEF), is the IFE in the arm rests or is it on the bulkhead? I'd imagine the bulkhead is pretty far off considering there's a door there. Can anyone let me know??
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by VFR2EWR
I see very little about the 757-200 v2 - the international version with only 16(?) F seats. I usually don't get this bird but am curious about row 7ABC (there's no 7DEF), is the IFE in the arm rests or is it on the bulkhead? I'd imagine the bulkhead is pretty far off considering there's a door there. Can anyone let me know??
Yes the monitors flip out from the armrest. There's also a monitor above the FA jumpseats at 2L which typically show flight info.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if the pilot rest issues in the 757 4A/B were resolved. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Yes the monitors flip out from the armrest. There's also a monitor above the FA jumpseats at 2L which typically show flight info.
Thanks! are they the same size or smaller? for some reason I remember them being a bit smaller.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
seating on a 757

What seats can a Star Alliance gold choose ?
If you buy the ticket as a part a Airnz code share do you request or discuss seating with united or Airnz?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 11:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Beano
What seats can a Star Alliance gold choose ? ...
*G do not get free E+ access, so in is E- or pay the E+ access fee.
Originally Posted by Beano
...If you buy the ticket as a part a Airnz code share do you request or discuss seating with united or Airnz?
seating is discussed with the fight operator (although is some cases the codeshare providor will call the flight operator for seating).
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton HHonors
757 200 series EWR to CDG?

I've searched this forum however could not find a thread or Wiki regarding translatlantic flights.
Can anyone direct me to the thread if there is one or advise does this aircraft have lie flat in the business class?
I can see its 12 seats but I have been unable to find any reviews or further information on it.
I'd prefer 767 however I could not get a reward seat and had to go with the later flight, 757-200.
Thanks in advance for any reviews on the seats and if they are lie flats.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
it actually has 16 seats and yes in business class they are lie flat, but the window seats do not offer direct aisle access.

here is some more information: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nal-757-a.html

if you don't get up very often, 1F is the best seat for privacy and lack of galley light. eastbound this would be my choice for quiet sleeping. westbound i would choose 1E for easier aisle access because i like to get up every hour or two for a stroll.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 1:55 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Click the link, mouse over the seats,,,flatbed
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...7-200_Flat.php
Old Dec 21, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
it actually has 16 seats and yes in business class they are lie flat, but the window seats do not offer direct aisle access.

here is some more information: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...nal-757-a.html

if you don't get up very often, 1F is the best seat for privacy and lack of galley light. eastbound this would be my choice for quiet sleeping. westbound i would choose 1E for easier aisle access because i like to get up every hour or two for a stroll.
Thanks so much for the fast reply!
Glad to hear its lie flat.
Flying with husband and we currently have 1AB so thanks for the heads up as I didn't think thru the galley light and will change to 1EF.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Better seats on United flight Newark to Berlin

It's been a while since we have used United but we would like to go to Berlin from Newark. Is there any particular class or premium economy seat ticket that we should buy. I would love free baggage and a comfy seat. I had their credit card but it didn't work on United affiliates so I cancelled it. Any suggestions before I buy this ticket from Newark to Berlin?
Thanks so much.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
For free bags and good seats, I think you'd have to buy a BusinessFirst ticket (business class).

UA has an economy plus seat, but it's simply a couple extra inches of leg room. Same coach seat, service, and benefits.

I'm not sure what your options are, but some of the foreign airlines have a true premium economy product which might suit your needs at a better price.

If you are definitely going UA, I think it's worth paying the extra fee to get an exit row (economy plus). You purchase a coach ticket and then pay an extra fee after ticketing to get the exit row seats. Others may disagree that it's worth the price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.