Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, it's overall best window seat, especially if you need the bigger footwell to sleep. Downside is the potential for chatty FAs in the galley.
Thank you and sfo789! I will keep 1F. Hopefully no chatty FAs, although since this is a day time flight that leaves at 8am I doubt I'd get much sleep anyways.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion; IHG Platinum; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Correct, 4E is a horrible seat on the 28J 752. 4F is a decent seat on both aircraft.
It's all in the eye of the beholder. 4E on this aircraft does NOT look right into the lavatory. That's my favorite seat on the 28J plane because I like being close to the lav without being on top of it. To me the main drawback of the seat is that 4EF are the last to be catered. Otherwise 4E is usually among the first to deplane, it is quiet, it is in the front cabin so in the event of a plane swap you don't lose the seat and it is close enough to the lav that you can "sneak" in if needed before a flight attendant can stop you.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nycityny
4E on this aircraft does NOT look right into the lavatory.
Correct, you don't look at the lav unless you turn your head to the left. It's off your left shoulder (and to the rear), about 3 feet away.

Pax (like me) who are bothered by lav proximity or traffic will generally dislike this seat.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by findark
Interesting. I'm in 4F right now and the cabin is full (4AB will unblock at some point). If I recall, the configuration is a little different on the sUA planes where 4E looks straight into the lav. Either way, sounds like I should be good with my current seat unless I can snag 1A/F for the footwell (unlikely).
Reporting back - just had a good sleep in 4F as suggested - no thanks to the crew who decided approach checks ("full, upright, and locked") needed to be 30 minutes before final

Agree that 1F is better for the footwell, but even at 6' I'm not much bothered by the narrower footwell and it was indeed a bit quieter back in row 4. I slept through the meal service, assuming there even was one.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:08 pm

I wish I had read this thread earlier and consulted seatguru. As a silver, I have to wait until 24h to get E+. However, that fell in the middle of a TPAC. I checked in and the only E+ seats left were row 20. Now I know why. According to United "limited recline" actually means "NO recline" I'd rather take a middle than row 20 aisle/window.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by eeflyer
I wish I had read this thread earlier and consulted seatguru. As a silver, I have to wait until 24h to get E+. However, that fell in the middle of a TPAC. I checked in and the only E+ seats left were row 20. Now I know why. According to United "limited recline" actually means "NO recline" I'd rather take a middle than row 20 aisle/window.
Those non-reclining seats should not even have E+ designation. Even with extra legroom, no recline is a bad misfortune on a 4+ hour flight, which these planes typically operate.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
I'm flying EWR-LAX in a couple months, and found this thread and thought I'd check it out. However, the first thing I notice is that the seat map I see on United for my flight doesn't match what's shown in the Wiki (however, it does for the return trip from LAX-EWR). Does that just mean that it's not PS on the outbound, but is on the return? Is there another thread for the other 752 configuration? I thought (apparently incorrectly) that all EWR-LAX flights were PS? Also, what does the Wiki mean when it says "No longer in service, the standard domestic F 757-200"? Here's the seat map I see on the UA website when I go to select my seat for EWR-LAX:

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 22, 2018 at 5:43 pm Reason: Moved to correct thread
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I'm flying EWR-LAX in a couple months, and found this thread and thought I'd check it out. However, the first thing I notice is that the seat map I see on United for my flight doesn't match what's shown in the Wiki (however, it does for the return trip from LAX-EWR). Does that just mean that it's not PS on the outbound, but is on the return? Is there another thread for the other 752 configuration? I thought (apparently incorrectly) that all EWR-LAX flights were PS? Also, what does the Wiki mean when it says "No longer in service, the standard domestic F 757-200"? Here's the seat map I see on the UA website when I go to select my seat for EWR-LAX:
Your flight is still a ps flight. When United moved all of their operations from JFK to EWR they started using 2 configurations of the 757 for ps service. That's what you're seeing.

That's why it's a good idea to select rows 1-4 when flying in Business even on the aircraft with 28 seats. That way if they swap planes you won't be stuck in economy.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
You're looking for this thread. The 28J and 16J frames share duties on p.s. but the service and product (both hard and soft) is basically the same.

The domestic F 757-200s were sUA and 24F forward of door 2. They are no longer in service.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:47 pm

Flying SFO-EWR redeye next week, 7ABC vs 8DEF, what is your preference? Seatguru rate the 7 ABC as yellow due to close proximity to toilet.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by quintic
Flying SFO-EWR redeye next week, 7ABC vs 8DEF, what is your preference? Seatguru rate the 7 ABC as yellow due to close proximity to toilet.
Depends on what you value more, unlimited legroom or bulkhead. Both have tables in armrest so they're a little thinner than other E+ seats. The toilet issue isn't (imo) a huge issue as they're a few feet forward form the seats. Definitely not as bad as the mid-cabin lavatory and row 7 on the 739s. Just remember that you'll be face to face with FAs on takeoff/landing in row 7. Some folks find that very awkward.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Continental
PMCO 757-200 V1 question

According to seatguru and another website, row 11 has no window or miss aligned window.
I flew a few months ago in 10C, and that had no window at all.
Can someone clarify?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Just booked myself on this bird for LHR-IAD next week. In E+, the seats currently and of interest are 7B (unlimited legroom, but middle between strangers) or 21F (exit row, window).

Question: How hard is it to get up / out of 21F? 21DE are occupied.

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by airoli
Just booked myself on this bird for LHR-IAD next week. In E+, the seats currently and of interest are 7B (unlimited legroom, but middle between strangers) or 21F (exit row, window).

Thanks!
I would never take a middle seat if there is a window available. That being said, the last time I was on this plane on an international flight, I was in 21D, 21E was empty. When the passenger in 21F wanted to go to the toilet, I did stand up to let her out. It still is easier to get out of that seat than from other rows as there's slightly more space but the passengers would have to stand up.
airoli likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by airoli

Thanks!
I often sit in the aisle seat in row 21. Sometimes the window/middle people can get out without me standing up. Generally when they arrive and I am already seated I don't have to stand for them to get in. I am not very tall and my legs don't take a lot of room. And that row has lots of legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.