Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hi, does 8f have the tray in seat ? Thx
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simonoaks
Hi, does 8f have the tray in seat ?...
if no 7F, yes
standard for bulkheads and exit rows.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
What's with the "missing" seats in economy on the B757?

Showing on the UA app and ExpertFlyer. Has been like this for a while.

Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by Schwann
What's with the "missing" seats in economy on the B757?

Showing on the UA app and ExpertFlyer. Has been like this for a while.
This has been reported in this thread before, as recently as March 16:
Originally Posted by lunchtime
Anyone seen a 757 seatmap with middle seats not bookable in rows 29.32,36? Not filled left blank on the seatmap. Could these be great seats if they open up or something to avoid like reserved for an emotional support animal or something unusual? Ive never seen this. Its a 757-200
​​​​​​​
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
This has been reported in this thread before, as recently as March 16:

Ah yes, it would be asked on just the previous page where I hadn't bothered looking. Still none the wiser but I will find out next week!
goldrush3 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It's representative of a hard block, similar to seats blocked for crew rest, but I haven't seen any credible explanations why those particular seats are blocked.
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by findark
It's representative of a hard block, similar to seats blocked for crew rest, but I haven't seen any credible explanations why those particular seats are blocked.
I just found a recent post on Airliners that said the FAA required the block. Something to do with the new denser seating configuration and the FAA's new standard passenger weight combined to exceed safety margins for floor loading.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/view...7339#p23227331
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I just checked a few EWR-SFO flights in July and the only seats in Y- that are consistently blocked are 21BC and 23BC. And the cost of the preferred seat for 21A and 23A for a kettle like me is the same as the other window seats I'm that area of the plane. For some reason I do recall seeing these random middle seats blocked before, but they don't show as such anymore.

My intention was to see if UA increased the price of the preferred seat that is next to a guaranteed empty seat.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Nabillionaire
Flying in 7A from ORD to KEF. Anyone have a negative experience being in this seat for a 6 hour flight?
How is this seat compared to FI Saga Premium? DEN-KEF is an eyewatering $1700 vs DEN-ORD-KEF on miles + E+ cost.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:26 am

Does row 12 recline (v1 config)?

Do seats in row 12 in this config recline?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...57-200.html#v1

The seat selection screen says "limited/no recline", but looking at the cabin videos, the emergency exit is behind row 20, so maybe row 12 has normal recline? Anybody knows for sure?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by AustinPilot
Do seats in row 12 in this config recline?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...57-200.html#v1

The seat selection screen says "limited/no recline", but looking at the cabin videos, the emergency exit is behind row 20, so maybe row 12 has normal recline? Anybody knows for sure?
Row 12 does nt recline because row 20 (an exit row) is the one right behind it. Rows numbered 13-19 are skipped in this configuration.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AustinPilot
The seat selection screen says "limited/no recline", but looking at the cabin videos, the emergency exit is behind row 20, ....
752 have two over the wing exits, 1 in front of Row 20 and 1 behind Row 20
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
752 have two over the wing exits, 1 in front of Row 20 and 1 behind Row 20
I was confused by this video, which shows the two exits in front of rows 21 and 22:

but I see now that it's a different config, with 22A and F missing.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:48 am

The seat maps for these aircraft during booking and seat selection no longer show lie-flat pods up front. They do say "Lie-flat seating" in the hover text during seat selection.

Is this indicative of anything?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by tromer
The seat maps for these aircraft during booking and seat selection no longer show lie-flat pods up front. They do say "Lie-flat seating" in the hover text during seat selection....
This is what I see for a new booking and for an existing reservation. Mobile is similar -- all showing lie flat seats

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.