Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO-OGG seems to have several different planes. I'm on the 757-200 which has the lie-flats (I intentionally searched for and booked flights on that equipment). The schedule seems to change a lot from day to day (it's not the same equipment at the same time every day)

I'm hoping I don't get screwed by an equipment change. Or at least, if I do, I'll be able to reschedule on the right equipment. Even with P fares (which I booked), I don't think it's worth it for regular recliners.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA has no such aircraft. You're thinking of 753.

They sometimes fly the 752 or 772G on SFO-OGG.
Thanks! Meant 753 (or the one they market as being flown by 757-200, then swap for 753, fly 753 and show 753 seatmap with 757-200 heading, like the one going out today):

The redeye has been seen the 738 of late. A spotcheck of the schedule shows this continuing into spring break.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:27 pm

1A or 4F

Fairly infrequent flyer, but will be taking the IAD-LHR daytime flight in C and can only choose between 1A and 4F. I usually like to get up several times during the flight and so was wondering if the extra space in row 1 makes it easier at all to climb over the passenger in the aisle seat, or if the shorter seat length actually has the opposite effect?

Also, for meal choices, to the FA's go from front to back (or back to front)?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Standard meal selection is front to back; I don't think 1A is notably easier or harder to get out of.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by yonatan
Fairly infrequent flyer, but will be taking the IAD-LHR daytime flight in C and can only choose between 1A and 4F. I usually like to get up several times during the flight and so was wondering if the extra space in row 1 makes it easier at all to climb over the passenger in the aisle seat, or if the shorter seat length actually has the opposite effect?

Also, for meal choices, to the FA's go from front to back (or back to front)?
Do 1A. I've done this flight in both 1A and 4F. I enjoy 1A better for whatever reason. Meal selection is front to back, left to right IME on this route. I also believe 1A has a slightly larger footwell than the other rows, but I can not remember for sure. Unless you want no foot traffic at all, I'd pick 1A. But 4F isn't a bad seat.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Avoid row 4, too close to lav.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UAL250
Meal selection is front to back, left to right IME on this route. ..
If done right, status (GS then 1Ks) and then front to back
Current UA Process for Prioritizing Meal Orders in Premium Cabins
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: United
Hello. Traveling as a couple and wondering on preference between Row 7 and Row 21 for E+ -- Both are available; any thoughts on which is best?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zagat4
Hello. Traveling as a couple and wondering on preference between Row 7 and Row 21 for E+ -- Both are available; any thoughts on which is best?
I don't like sitting in row 7 during boarding. Depending on the route, in flight you may also get people loitering in front of you. But there is unlimited legroom, and getting out is obviously easy.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:08 am

Thank you. The route is Edinburgh - Newark. So you would take row 21 over row 7? How is the legroom on 21?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. The route is Edinburgh - Newark. So you would take row 21 over row 7? How is the legroom on 21?
Legroom is good. Since that flight is during the daytime, more people will be up and about in the cabin. I would take row 21 then.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have done EDI-EWR in seat 21D. The legroom is good but I still stood up to let the window passenger out when she needed to visit the toilet.

I'm an aisle person so, even if I had a choice between Row 7 or Row 21, I would always pick Row 21 as there's less traffic.

Actually, I did not see earlier that you are traveling as a couple. On that flight from EDI, I was traveling with my wife and she took 21C.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jul 25, 2019 at 8:25 am Reason: Just added comment
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I have done EDI-EWR in seat 21D. The legroom is good but I still stood up to let the window passenger out when she needed to visit the toilet.

I'm an aisle person so, even if I had a choice between Row 7 or Row 21, I would always pick Row 21 as there's less traffic.

Actually, I did not see earlier that you are traveling as a couple. On that flight from EDI, I was traveling with my wife and she took 21C.

I have noticed on Seat Guru some comments about the aisle seats in row 21 having electronic equipment under the seat in front of them compromising legroom a bit. Any thoughts? Again, we are a couple so it's either window-middle in row 21 or middle-aisle in row 21. Any advice on what to snag would be great. It's a day flight.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I have noticed on Seat Guru some comments about the aisle seats in row 21 having electronic equipment under the seat in front of them compromising legroom a bit. Any thoughts? Again, we are a couple so it's either window-middle in row 21 or middle-aisle in row 21. Any advice on what to snag would be great. It's a day flight.
On 21C/21D (aisle) seats, there is a box of some kind under seats 20C/20D that take up close to 1/3 of the space preventing a full backpack from being easily placed underneath the seat. But if empty the legroom is generally not a problem.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Appears that there is a second version now of the 16J configuration, leaving 2 pairs of seats in row 21 and no seat in front of 22A/22F. Anyone have experience with these? Why are these not marked as economy plus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.