Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My aircraft was swapped to another version with row 22 windows having unlimited legroom but they are not considered economy plus. What’s the group skinny on these seats? Are they desirable or better to move to a regular E+ seat further up?
Old May 1, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I have 8F now but 7A became available. My main goal is a window with easy aisle access. Should I switch to 7A?
Old May 1, 2023, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by jbar91
I have 8F now but 7A became available. My main goal is a window with easy aisle access. Should I switch to 7A?
Yes
jbar91 likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:27 pm

Curious. I am on UA145, OPO-EWR, in October. It appears to be a version 1, but 4A and 4B do not exist. Not blocked; just not shown period.
Old May 26, 2023, 1:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lamphs
Curious. I am on UA145, OPO-EWR, in October. It appears to be a version 1, but 4A and 4B do not exist. Not blocked; just not shown period.
Yes, this is common (and could become available at Check-in if not an augmented flight). These aircraft have been used for flights requiring augmented pilots and these seats are then reserved for them -- EWR-OPO, is possible such as flight.
lamphs likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 26, 2023 at 1:46 pm Reason: if not an augmented flight
Old Jun 16, 2023, 8:43 pm

Seat Opinions: 757-200 row 20 vs. row 22

Hello FT'ers,

My spouse and I are flying EWR to EDI this Sunday and our airplane just got changed to a 757-200, the configuration shown as layout 3 on seatguru. What was a really nice set of economy plus seats with a recline are now a set of exit row seats (row 20) with "limited or no recline." I have the window, she has the aisle, and no one currently in between us.

The flight has a relatively low load, and row 21 has an opening -- that great window seat with no one in front, and an aisle. There are other seats avaialbe in the "preferred" section. We're one of those couples where I like the window and she likes the aisle, and we don't mind if we aren't sitting together.

Any experiences with those row 20 seats? We don't mind limited recline but no recline at all for a 6 hour transcon overnight would be a bit taxing.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 16, 2023, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by user999991
Hello FT'ers,

My spouse and I are flying EWR to EDI this Sunday and our airplane just got changed to a 757-200, the configuration shown as layout 3 on seatguru. What was a really nice set of economy plus seats with a recline are now a set of exit row seats (row 20) with "limited or no recline." I have the window, she has the aisle, and no one currently in between us.

The flight has a relatively low load, and row 21 has an opening -- that great window seat with no one in front, and an aisle. There are other seats avaialbe in the "preferred" section. We're one of those couples where I like the window and she likes the aisle, and we don't mind if we aren't sitting together.

Any experiences with those row 20 seats? We don't mind limited recline but no recline at all for a 6 hour transcon overnight would be a bit taxing.

Thanks in advance!
Don't use seatguru. Use aerolopa (UA Boeing 757-200 type 75B - aeroLOPA | Detailed aircraft seat plans).

Also, which 752 configuration is flying to EDI - assume that it is the 75B (see both aerolopa and this 752 thread
Row 20 doesn't recline.

David

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 16, 2023 at 9:39 pm Reason: clean after merge in relevant thread; thanks for the link
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I boarded last with a suit and had no room to put it in the overheadbin so asked the flight attendant if she could put it in the FC closet.
She told me “ oh there is no closet on that type of plane”.
I see one on the map, so did she just lie to me ?

(also ended up putting in in the FC overhead bin since there was 0 room)
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benewr
I boarded last with a suit and had no room to put it in the overheadbin so asked the flight attendant if she could put it in the FC closet.
She told me “ oh there is no closet on that type of plane”.
I see one on the map, so did she just lie to me ?

(also ended up putting in in the FC overhead bin since there was 0 room)
Which FA did you ask? Was she in the front cabin or at the door?

David
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by DELee
Which FA did you ask? Was she in the front cabin or at the door?

David
She was welcoming passengers at the door.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benewr
She was welcoming passengers at the door.
If she ended up working the aft cabin, then likely her knowledge may have been limited. Also, business folks flying now are less dominant on UA so bringing on a suit bag may have not seemed so important in the current post-pandemic less biz flyers era.

David
Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:27 am

Flying SFO-EWR, 757-200 just got swapped from Type 75B (https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b) to 75S (https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s). I was in E+ bulkhead 8F, which has lots of legroom. UA switched me to 7F; also bulkhead, but IIRC restricted legroom? Am I better moving to a non-bulkhead row? TIA
Old Jul 15, 2023, 8:42 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Row renumbering? What’s happening to my exit row resos?

What the what is going in. Got a torrent of texts at 3am morning saying there had been aircraft changes and they “did their best to move to a similar seat.”

but the first res i check is an unchanged 16J 752, but with this very strange seat map :

sorry if I missed another threat but I am confused to say the least.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Legacy 752 vs. Slimline 752 (retrofitted - seat map in your post).

Seat map changed from legacy 752 to slimline 752. United does this often despite the high probability of getting slimline 752; yet UA keeps displaying the legacy 752 seat map.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 5:31 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Legacy 752 vs. Slimline 752 (retrofitted - seat map in your post).

Seat map changed from legacy 752 to slimline 752. United does this often despite the high probability of getting slimline 752; yet UA keeps displaying the legacy 752 seat map.
Thanks. I completely missed this somehow. What a mess? They nuked the best seats in economy. The move to having 20/21 as standardized exit rows was a huge positive; this is a huge regression. Six different flights booked to have the exit row (with recline) on the '57 now bust.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.