Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2021, 11:38 pm

Is 1F, without direct aisle access and greater proximity to the lavatory, better than say, 1B or 3B -- for transcon daytime flight? Consensus seems to be that 1F is the best seat, but I am not clear as to why?

Last edited by a.tall.guy; Sep 13, 2021 at 12:32 am
Old Sep 13, 2021, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by a.tall.guy
Is 1F, without direct aisle access and greater proximity to the lavatory, better than say, 1B or 3B -- for transcon daytime flight? Consensus seems to be that 1F is the best seat, but I am not clear as to why?
If you are not familiar with this aircraft, it is all about footwells. The bulkhead (row 1) has bigger footwells, which really matters because of the too-short bed length. This would be particularly important for a tall guy. That said, 1B is IMO not a good seat, there's no separation from the galley. 1E/F, by contrast, point away from the galley. 1F is particularly well isolated.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
If you are not familiar with this aircraft, it is all about footwells. The bulkhead (row 1) has bigger footwells, which really matters because of the too-short bed length. This would be particularly important for a tall guy. That said, 1B is IMO not a good seat, there's no separation from the galley. 1E/F, by contrast, point away from the galley. 1F is particularly well isolated.
Thank you, yes first time flying on this aircraft.

-When you say beds are too short, are you referring to all rows or just row 1?

-Anything worth noting about rows 2-4? I tend to prefer aisle access so considering those as well (1E is taken, and you mentioned 1B is not good). Didn't see much discussion here.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:46 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
-When you say beds are too short, are you referring to all rows or just row 1?
All rows. United configured these seats too short, and the tiny footwells in rows 2-4 make it worse.

Anything worth noting about rows 2-4? I tend to prefer aisle access so considering those as well (1E is taken, and you mentioned 1B is not good). Didn't see much discussion here.
I would avoid row 4 aisles due to mid-cabin lav proximity. 4E is especially bad.
a.tall.guy likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
All rows. United configured these seats too short, and the tiny footwells in rows 2-4 make it worse.

I would avoid row 4 aisles due to mid-cabin lav proximity. 4E is especially bad.
Crappy at its best.

David
a.tall.guy likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by DELee
Crappy at its best.

David
While they're all too short, Row 1 is the least of the evil. The footwells in rows 2, 3, and 4 are built into the underside of the seat in front and get narrower the farther you go in. Row 1 footwells are the full width all of the way in. I also believe they are wider then rows 2-4 are at their widest part.

Regarding 1B, Yes it has the most disturbances from the galley, however I still think it's better for sleeping than rows 2-4. Then again, I work at night so I've learned to sleep through anything. Since you're on a daylight icon this shouldn't be an issue.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Another thing to note is the condition of these planes/seats. The interiors are ancient, crumbling, and the seats are falling apart. Cushions are so warn, it's like sitting on top of a big bucket. All parts of the seat wobble and are stained/scratched. It's hilarious that UA is putting this equipment on JFK-SFO/LAX. I guess it's fine for the upgraders that are over-represented on FT, but paid J pax can't help but laugh.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Another thing to note is the condition of these planes/seats. The interiors are ancient, crumbling, and the seats are falling apart. Cushions are so warn, it's like sitting on top of a big bucket. All parts of the seat wobble and are stained/scratched. It's hilarious that UA is putting this equipment on JFK-SFO/LAX. I guess it's fine for the upgraders that are over-represented on FT, but paid J pax can't help but laugh.
They are? I thought JFK-SFO/LAX are on the high J 763s?

UA did a weird refresh project with the 757s recently. They installed all new Y seats with new AVOD but seemed to only put new seat cushions on the J seats with no actual replacement. They also didn't replace the ceiling panels which makes the cabin extremely dated throughout the plane (DL even did this on the ex-Song domestic 757s from the 1980s).
nnn likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Saab_Redondo_1987
They are? I thought JFK-SFO/LAX are on the high J 763s?

UA did a weird refresh project with the 757s recently. They installed all new Y seats with new AVOD but seemed to only put new seat cushions on the J seats with no actual replacement. They also didn't replace the ceiling panels which makes the cabin extremely dated throughout the plane (DL even did this on the ex-Song domestic 757s from the 1980s).
UA is switching to all 752s for JFK “premium” transcons in October. Laughably.
nnn likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:03 pm

redeye BF choice - aisle or window?

I'll be flying UA (business class) supposedly a 757-200 (I guess that can change?) from LAX to EWR.

It's a redeye. My goal is to get as much sleep as possible. Given lack of aisle access from the window seats in 1-4, would you suggest:

a. take the aisle so you don't have to climb over anyone, or
b. take the window so nobody climbs over you (but you do have to climb over someone else).

First time on this flight, first time in business/first for UA. First time posting anything on Flyertalk in fact. Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by WhiskeyMike99
I'll be flying UA (business class) supposedly a 757-200 (I guess that can change?) from LAX to EWR.

It's a redeye. My goal is to get as much sleep as possible. Given lack of aisle access from the window seats in 1-4, would you suggest:

a. take the aisle so you don't have to climb over anyone, or
b. take the window so nobody climbs over you (but you do have to climb over someone else).

First time on this flight, first time in business/first for UA. First time posting anything on Flyertalk in fact. Thanks.
Welcome to FT!

Personally I prefer a window for the privacy and separation from the aisle. If you're either tall or relatively limber, you can climb over the pax in the aisle. 1F is best for the footwell.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to FT!

Personally I prefer a window for the privacy and separation from the aisle. If you're either tall or relatively limber, you can climb over the pax in the aisle. 1F is best for the footwell.
Ditto. On the very rare occasion that I fly a redeye, it's 1F or bust for me on this airplane. I need the large footwell in the bulkhead seats, and I'm a window seat guy. 1A is quite "in the galley," which is fine for daytime flights but a no-go for redeyes.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:39 am

Seat 7DEF or 22 DEF? v3- Slimline Seats

My plane just changed from the 16BF version with only row 8DEF which is where I chose to sit. Then they changed plans 72 hrs out and moved our seats to 8DEF on slimline version, where now 7DEF becomes bulkhead and row 22 and 21 is open. Traveling as 3, I was wondering if I should move our seats to 22 DEF, and get a refund for the Economy Comfort or just stick with EC and sit in 7 D,E,F?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Welcome to FT!

I agree, although unlike some others I have also slept fine in non-bulkhead window seats too.

I have a somewhat unshared love for the 752 as somehow the smaller J cabins just feel more quiet and relaxing.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Gilbum
My plane just changed from the 16BF version with only row 8DEF which is where I chose to sit. Then they changed plans 72 hrs out and moved our seats to 8DEF on slimline version, where now 7DEF becomes bulkhead and row 22 and 21 is open. Traveling as 3, I was wondering if I should move our seats to 22 DEF, and get a refund for the Economy Comfort or just stick with EC and sit in 7 D,E,F?
Are you in 7DEF or 8DEF?
Both rows are EconomyPlus and Row 21/22 are not on the Slimline 752-- so less leg space.

Why did you pick E+ in the first place and how has the change impacted that choice?
Did you pick bulkhead and have lost that? The non-slimline 8DEF is a lot of leg space over a standard E+ row,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.