Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 BF seats, 45 E+ seats, and 108 E seats.

16/153 75b https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75b

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY
All economy seats share power (2 outlets per 3 seats), and have VOD screens in the seat back.

Exit row seats are Row 7ABC, Row 20, and Row 21. Row 20 seats have limited recline. Row 7ABC has "unlimited" leg room, although there's an FA jumpseat facing those seats (probably out of reach of anyone but the tallest person).

Row 8DEF are bassinet seats and also a bulkhead. There is an additional ~6" cut out at the bottom of the bulkhead for extra leg room.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

for the other 752 aircraft, see Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 757-200 (28 lie flat seats)

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

-- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:10 am

Programs: UA MM
Row 21

To follow up, I am on board now and glad I stuck with row 20. There is no extra space (as in exit row legroom) at all in row 21.
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, gene2632 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
To follow up, I am on board now and glad I stuck with row 20. There is no extra space (as in exit row legroom) at all in row 21.
Can you recline?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Are there pictures somewhere (or a thread) of the Intl 757-200? I'm in one of these for EWR-LIM in the fall and I can't find any info on them. They're "fake" Polaris, as in old seats, correct?
Old Mar 13, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Are there pictures somewhere (or a thread) of the Intl 757-200? I'm in one of these for EWR-LIM in the fall and I can't find any info on them. They're "fake" Polaris, as in old seats, correct?
There are plenty of trip reviews posted which you can Google. Here is one:

https://www.sanspotter.com/united-ai...les-to-newark/
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
There are plenty of trip reviews posted which you can Google. Here is one:

https://www.sanspotter.com/united-ai...les-to-newark/
Is the transcon the plane that also flies to LIM? I wasn't sure.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Is the transcon the plane that also flies to LIM? I wasn't sure.
Yes there is only 1 type of 752, with 16J lie-flat seats. And they fly EWR-LIM.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hirohito888
Yes there is only 1 type of 752, with 16J lie-flat seats. And they fly EWR-LIM.
Gotcha! Bland-looking, but better than nothing. 1a/b good for a couple, or is the other side better? Seems all seats are pretty equal.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 8:57 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Gotcha! Bland-looking, but better than nothing. 1a/b good for a couple, or is the other side better? Seems all seats are pretty equal.
Everything you wanted to know about B752

and

Aerolopa.com

Of course now we're in the wrong thread

Last edited by EmailKid; Mar 14, 2023 at 8:43 am Reason: Correct thread after the move from "United Airlines fleet updates" thread
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
1AB and 1EF are great for couples and are our go-to seats. Row 1 has larger footwells than the other rows because the seat in front normally takes footwell space. Also, I use the top of the my monitor to for storage of things I'll be using inflight. Obviously you can't use this during takeoff and landing, but I'll sometimes put a book or rest my iPad up there mid-flight.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Everything you wanted to know about B752

and

Aerolopa.com

Of course now we're in the wrong thread
Originally Posted by phkc070408
1AB and 1EF are great for couples and are our go-to seats. Row 1 has larger footwells than the other rows because the seat in front normally takes footwell space. Also, I use the top of the my monitor to for storage of things I'll be using inflight. Obviously you can't use this during takeoff and landing, but I'll sometimes put a book or rest my iPad up there mid-flight.
Thanks to the mods for moving this, I swear I tried really hard to find this thread...

1ab it is, thanks!
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
United 757-200 underseat space severely limited in economy

I recently did KOA-DEN in row 9 (economy plus). I'm a one-bag traveler and usually toss my backpack in the overhead to preserve leg room. On this flight after boarding I would need to do some work so I decided to try my bag under the seat. My bag for this flight was a ULA dragonfly which fits into the "personal" item sizer easily. While the underseat area on seats A, B, C are all wider than they are on say a 737... there was a severe height restriction there I didn't anticipate. It seems on the 757-200s there is a big plastic box that holds the life preserver... which made the height of the underseat space ~6 inches. Quite annoying.

Thought I'd post this here for anyone hoping to store their bag under the seat in front of them on this aircraft.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:10 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
should fit easily if not expanded beyond manufacturer's dimensions of 19.5x11x7 when packing it What Are the Standard Dimensions of the Space Under an Airline Seat? (reference.com)
Old Apr 5, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Old or new configuration? The IFE boxes in the old configuration were pretty bulky... but that was negated (IMO) with extremely generous E+ pitch and recline, something that is no longer the case with the new 75S layout. I didn't find the underseat area of the 75S to be particularly small when I flew last week.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by fastair
should fit easily if not expanded beyond manufacturer's dimensions of 19.5x11x7 when packing it What Are the Standard Dimensions of the Space Under an Airline Seat? (reference.com)
Definitely not overpacked. As I said, it slid easily into the personal item sizer. My kids also had problems trying to get their Cabin Zero and Tom Bihn synik bags under the seats as well. Ended up tossing everything in the overhead.

Originally Posted by EWR764
Old or new configuration? The IFE boxes in the old configuration were pretty bulky... but that was negated (IMO) with extremely generous E+ pitch and recline, something that is no longer the case with the new 75S layout. I didn't find the underseat area of the 75S to be particularly small when I flew last week.
This was the configuration as pictured in the wiki on this thread, with the continental style lie-flat seats up front. Unfortunately I didn't get a close look as my upgrade didn't clear. As for the IFE, this aircraft had a newish IFE with a touchscreen and like 100+ movies with a USB port built into the screen.

Aircraft in question:

Old Apr 5, 2023, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by LordHamster
While the underseat area on seats A, B, C are all wider than they are on say a 737... there was a severe height restriction there I didn't anticipate. It seems on the 757-200s there is a big plastic box that holds the life preserver... which made the height of the underseat space ~6 inches. Quite annoying.
So for much what were "droopy/saggy life vests" in prior eras that were kept in a nylon bag - if they're going to plastic boxes to hold the preservers then that will definitely affect available underseat storage volumes.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.