Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Sep 5, 2023, 4:27 pm

I have booked 22F on BOS>SFO tomorrow, and the whole row is occupied. The 8am flight has some entirely empty rows. Is it worth switching flights (timing is not too bad for me)?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by wizna5j3
I have booked 22F on BOS>SFO tomorrow, and the whole row is occupied. The 8am flight has some entirely empty rows. Is it worth switching flights (timing is not too bad for me)?
How full is the 8am flight? If every fare bucket has a 9 in it then that might be a good sign. But if there are 40 people on the standby list those seats are likely to be full. I'd choose the flight that works best for yu because seatmaps can and do change.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 5:55 pm

Would 20C on the Slimline have any more leg room over 12C, 11C etc.? Trying to balance lack of recline for 20C against other potential benefits?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
How full is the 8am flight? If every fare bucket has a 9 in it then that might be a good sign. But if there are 40 people on the standby list those seats are likely to be full. I'd choose the flight that works best for yu because seatmaps can and do change.

Pretty much 9s across the board and 1 person on the wait list. Are folks flying in basic economy already assigned seats by the night before, or will a lot more seats be taken tomorrow morning? IIRC basic economy doesn't have OLCI?
Old Sep 10, 2023, 3:40 am

I read through much of this thread and have not really found an answer to the question I have been asking myself:

How difficult is it to get up from a first class window seat on a B752? (with the 16 domestic F seats)

Have been on plenty of domestic F recliners, but have no experience with the lie-flat seats on the B752. Will be on a B752 twice, once transcon (BOS-LAX, only row 1 is available) and once Hawaii to mainland over night (row three is available, both window and aisle, no seats in the other rows). Any comments on what to expect and any helpful hints to make this a good experience are appreciated. Thank you!
Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by plaintalk
I read through much of this thread and have not really found an answer to the question I have been asking myself
If you go back far enough in the threads, there's quite a bit of discussion. This seat has been around on the ex-CO aircraft since something like 2009.

Originally Posted by plaintalk
How difficult is it to get up from a first class window seat on a B752? (with the 16 domestic F seats)
If your neighbor is not reclined, it's pretty easy. If your neighbor is fully reclined, you have to step over. How difficult that is depends on how long your legs and how nimble you are. It can be either impossible or very easy depending on those factors.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
If your neighbor is not reclined, it's pretty easy. If your neighbor is fully reclined, you have to step over. How difficult that is depends on how long your legs and how nimble you are. It can be either impossible or very easy depending on those factors.
Thanks! Will go for an aisle seat on the redeye from Hawaii to the mainland then, although I do prefer window seats.

Will try a window seat (in row 1) for the late afternoon coast to coast flight.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 11:41 pm

Hello,

just flew BOS-SFO and noticed foot cubbies are slightly larger in aisle seats in first, not only in row 1 but row 2 where I was, as well. Can anyone verify? Trying to figure out whether to move to aisle seat for upcoming redeye back. Lie-flat was pretty uncomfortable in 2A - even for a 6-foot guy. Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2023, 8:09 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by oziyal
just flew BOS-SFO and noticed foot cubbies are slightly larger in aisle seats in first, not only in row 1 but row 2 where I was, as well. Can anyone verify? Trying to figure out whether to move to aisle seat for upcoming redeye back.
Yes, that's the geometry of the seat as UA has it configured. 1E is best. But it's overall a very tight seat in UA's el cheapo configuration.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 9:43 am

Thank you! Would you recommend 4B over 3A for more legroom/general comfort?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by oziyal
Thank you! Would you recommend 4B over 3A for more legroom/general comfort?
Tough call. I don't like the aisles in the last row due to lav proximity. A pick your poison choice.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Tough call. I don't like the aisles in the last row due to lav proximity. A pick your poison choice.
thank you — appreciate your response.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 9:31 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
What the what is going in. Got a torrent of texts at 3am morning saying there had been aircraft changes and they “did their best to move to a similar seat.”

but the first res i check is an unchanged 16J 752, but with this very strange seat map :

sorry if I missed another threat but I am confused to say the least.
I have the choice if 20 a or 21 b on above config is 21 bad? Why not marked econ plus?
Old Oct 8, 2023, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Good question. The UA seat map shows the exit rows as 20 & 22, in which case Row 21 would have normal (limited) legroom, and because it would be in front of Exit Row 22, limited recline.

However, AeroLOPA has the exits at Rows 20 & 21, for both variants of B757-200.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75s

https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-75b

Perhaps AeroLOPA is more reliable than UA itself.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Oct 8, 2023 at 12:33 am
Old Oct 12, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I have the choice if 20 a or 21 b on above config is 21 bad? Why not marked econ plus?
My wife and I recently flew ORD-DUB in Row 21 since they are a pair vs triplet. Not a good idea, it is definitely standard legroom AND no recline. Even though we liked the idea of nobody sitting next to us, it is weird because 22A can put their legs in the empty area and also reaches all the way forward to stow their bags. So definitely avoid Row 21.

We changed our seats on the way back to a non-exit E+ seat on our return flight and were much more comfortable.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.