Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Aug 8, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sonyeoshin
United has two versions of 752's with lie flat seats. This version flies internationaly trans-Atlantic flights from the east coast, especially to closer cities in Ireland/Great Britain, premium transcontinental service (p.t.s. or aka PS), some Hawaii flights and occasional hub to hub flights. There are 16 J seats, 42 E+ seats, and 118 E seats.

Slimline version

16/160 75s https://www.aerolopa.com/ua-boeing-75s

--- FIRST
Row 1 has wider footwells but 3" shorter bed length.
Seats 1E/1F may be slightly darker and quieter than 1A/1B, which are more susceptible to galley lights and noise.

--- ECONOMY

Exit row seats are Row 7, Row 20, Row 21, and Row 22. Seats 22A and 22F have "unlimited" leg room. Entertainment screen is housed in arm rest. Row 22BC and 22DE have about the same leg room as an E+ seat. These seats do recline.

Row 10A and F and 11A and F are missing a window (you get one next to the seat, but not towards the seat back of the row ahead).

As of 2023 the older 16/45/108 configuration with non slimline seats has been phased out, with all aircraft having the slimline configuration as outlined above. Below is info of the original configuration.
Spoiler

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 757-200 (16 lie-flat)

Old Jul 15, 2023, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Thanks. I completely missed this somehow. What a mess? They nuked the best seats in economy. The move to having 20/21 as standardized exit rows was a huge positive; this is a huge regression. Six different flights booked to have the exit row (with recline) on the '57 now bust.
Got the same text from UA this morning about my EWR-SFO flight. My 21 DEF seats just got changed to 20 DEF. Best economy plus seats with legroom and recline now seats with no recline! I am changing my seats to 7 DEF.

Last edited by CIT85; Jul 15, 2023 at 5:55 pm
Old Jul 15, 2023, 9:07 pm

What is the better seat in terms of seat length and width of footwell, 1A, 1B, 1E or 1F?
Old Jul 22, 2023, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by iker
What is the better seat in terms of seat length and width of footwell, 1A, 1B, 1E or 1F?
I always pick 1 E/F, but I have a feeling (based on the location of the bulkhead) that the 1 A/B cubby is larger (longer or more deep) than 1 E/F.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
If I recall correctly, row 1 aisle seats (B + E) have larger footwells.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Does row 21 on the slimline version recline?
Old Aug 12, 2023, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
just got changed to slimline EDI-EWR. Is 22A/F really unlimited legroom? What’s the catch? Or is 7D better at the bulkhead.

Last edited by dinoscool3; Aug 12, 2023 at 8:40 am
Old Aug 12, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
just got changed to slimline EDI-EWR. Is 22A/F really unlimited legroom? Whatís the catch? Or is 7D better at the bulkhead.
1) yes, unless you are really really really tall

2) pockets and IFE far away; I think there is a pull out IFE from the seat
3) Similar. I don't pick either 21 or 7; your carryons have to go up in the bin for row 7, personally, not a big fan.

I haven't flown on a non-slimline 752 in a while now.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Yes, this is common (and could become available at Check-in if not an augmented flight). These aircraft have been used for flights requiring augmented pilots and these seats are then reserved for them -- EWR-OPO, is possible such as flight.
Interesting. My BOS>SFO flight just had 4A&B removed from the seat map when they were previously listed. It seems all the 752 flights on the route had this change. Is this a flight that requires augmented pilots?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wizna5j3
Interesting. My BOS>SFO flight just had 4A&B removed from the seat map when they were previously listed. It seems all the 752 flights on the route had this change. Is this a flight that requires augmented pilots?
Will appear closer to departure.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by leftysauce
Does row 21 on the slimline version recline?
United says no recline now for slimlined row 21.

just got changed to slimline EDI-EWR. Is 22A/F really unlimited legroom? Whatís the catch? Or is 7D better at the bulkhead.
Ditto for LAX-BOS this weekend. Not gonna gamble on 22's recline nor "standard" legroom - went for 7DE for the Mrs. and I.

Will report back.

David
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Ditto for LAX-BOS this weekend. Not gonna gamble on 22's recline nor "standard" legroom - went for 7DE for the Mrs. and I.

Will report back.

David
Last minute we got up gauged to a 767-300, so I wound up in a premium plus seat which made me a happy camper!

Still have the slime line on the return, Iím in 7D so would love to hear how the bulkhead ends up being.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Last minute we got up gauged to a 767-300, so I wound up in a premium plus seat which made me a happy camper!

Still have the slime line on the return, I’m in 7D so would love to hear how the bulkhead ends up being.
TBH, I'm sort of dreading it. Didn't think UA could do this much wrong to the 752s - clearly I was very mistaken.

David

Last edited by DELee; Aug 17, 2023 at 2:21 am
Old Aug 17, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott lifetime Platinum
Is there any consensus on how Row 21 in the slimline version of this plane? The points guy article above seems to suggest 21BC and 21DE has extra leg room despite not being labeled economy plus. Pictures in the link aren't clear either. I'm inclined to believe the article, but there is one post above in this thread that suggests otherwise.

I'm traveling with my wife to and from Dublin and have no chance of upgrade, and am wondering if 21BC / 21DE will be roomy for a couple despite the lack of recline.

Anybody seen the exit rows on the B75S recently?
Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wizna5j3
What is strange here is that you are saying 'it was there and now gone'. 4AB usually doesn't show till departure time - yes BOS-SFO has 4AB available and UA books the cabin to 16
wizna5j3 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Slurve30
Is there any consensus on how Row 21 in the slimline version of this plane? The points guy article above seems to suggest 21BC and 21DE has extra leg room despite not being labeled economy plus. Pictures in the link aren't clear either. I'm inclined to believe the article, but there is one post above in this thread that suggests otherwise.

I'm traveling with my wife to and from Dublin and have no chance of upgrade, and am wondering if 21BC / 21DE will be roomy for a couple despite the lack of recline.

Anybody seen the exit rows on the B75S recently?
UA doesn't market 21 as E+ and none of the available seatmaps indicate anything conclusive about 21. I'd avoid row 21 if it were my choice. Thanks to the slimline the only seats with known extra leg room in the exit rws are 22AF. (and 22 isn't listed as an exit row!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.